• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B6Q5GPFIgAAhYIq.jpg:large

christian-bale-gifs.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Was it ever confirmed that he knew? I can't wait for the scene in MGSV in which he finds out about it.

Snake: Ocelitt, I killed urmom.
Ocelot: [monologue/hand gesture/you're pretty good]

Yeah same, i can't wait to see when Ocelot finds out who killed his mother.

Shit will get so real between Big Boss and Ocelot.

Ocelot: she was a bitch. She slapped me in public. <bro hug>

Ocelot be like
mgs2-346-600.jpg

You pervs locked my Stefanie thread.

Bunch of creeps.

smh

I think you knew that thread was never gonna last, Dawg!

Yeah same, i can't wait to see when Ocelot finds out who killed his mother.

Shit will get so real between Big Boss and Ocelot.

Oh, hell yeah! I think they will fight and buddy up again afterwards... maybe?! Ocelot loves him some Big Boss...

Skullface

I don't know if anyone else caught it, but the only thing I got out of that thread was a program called "Fishing with John". I shouldn't really say "the only thing", because it was incredible.

Imagine a similar showdown between those two like in MGS3.

2015-01-0123_17_27-mel9sr7.png

Shhiiiiiiii.......

Lawdamercy

Oh, my! I think it could happen - Eva talked about how much Ocelot rode Big Boss' nuts, so maybe that's one of those small retcons Kojima was talking about when he said he'd sacrifice "canon" for telling a better story in MGSV! They'll find a way to make sense of it, though. ;-)

Sn4ke_911

Lawdamercy

Oh, my! I think it could happen - Eva talked about how much Ocelot rode Big Boss' nuts, so maybe that's one of those small retcons Kojima was talking about when he said he'd sacrifice "canon" for telling a better story in MGSV! They'll find a way to make sense of it, though. ;-)

Man yeah, I think MGSV will be a huuuge MGS family party with lot's of fan favorites returning, even if it's just in a flashback or some minor scene but i think we'll see tons of well known characters return such as Solid Snake
leuhkikcskn4yvscg.gif
, The Boss, Frank Jaeger, Naomi, Sniper Wolf, Eva etc.

JayEH

Sniper wolf would really young at this point, possibly not even born (and from Iraq I think?). Would be surprised to see her but it would be cool. I really hope Big Boss meets everyone he should be meeting in this game.

Man yeah, I think MGSV will be a huuuge MGS family party with lot's of fan favorites returning, even if it's just in a flashback or some minor scene but i think we'll see tons of well known characters return such as Solid Snake
leuhkikcskn4yvscg.gif
, The Boss, Frank Jaeger, Naomi, Sniper Wolf, Eva etc.

YES!!!! Agreed, I think there will be so many returning characters including Raiden and Solidus! Dude, if Machinegun Kid doesn't make an appearance, Kojima is a lazy dev. :smugface:

Sn4ke_911

YES!!!! Agreed, I think there will be so many returning characters including Raiden and Solidus! Dude, if Machinegun Kid doesn't make an appearance, Kojima is a lazy dev. :smugface:

Ha!

Also, i wonder how the whole "bond system" and base building works.

Oh man i gotta get my mind of this game, the hype is too much. Doesn't help that i just recently re-watched every single released trailer and gameplay video :/

I always assumed Ocelot knew The Boss was his mother because he's fucking Ocelot and he always knows everything and pretends not to. I suppose him not knowing might make for some good drama in MGSV though.

Definitely and you can tell in the Quiet cutscene Kaz is not happy about some decisions Big Boss makes so there will be some conflicts between those two.

I always assumed Ocelot knew The Boss was his mother because he's fucking Ocelot and he always knows everything and pretends not to. I suppose him not knowing might make for some good drama in MGSV though.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

eh, probably not. Neither Big Boss nor Eva figured it out, and they were the only people alive after Snake Eater who knew The Boss had a son. Ocelot himself didn't appear to know much about the Cobras in MGS3 either.

Dawg

Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand or questionable Stefanie Joosten pictures, please BAN me.
(Yesterday, 11:47 PM)

Sn4ke_911

I think this is a good time to ask what Sn4ke did to get his tag lol.

I posted something from Kojima's jap twitter and obviously google translate got it wrong. I didn't even made a new thread for it but duckroll was pretty pissed about it. Don't know maybe he had a bad day or something because people translate shit with google and post it all the time.

Anyway I think this tag is now more of a joke since i posted stuff from Kojima's japanese twitter again and thankfully didn't got banned. I mean it would be pretty silly, why should this be bannable in the first place?

It has to be a better story than that.

So yeah, it's a pretty lame story. Sorry guys :p

JayEH

I posted something from Kojima's jap twitter and obviously google translate got it wrong. I didn't even made a new thread for it but duckroll was pretty pissed about it. Don't know maybe he had a bad day or something because people translate shit with google and post it all the time.

Anyway I think this tag is now more of a joke since i posted stuff from Kojima's japanese twitter again and thankfully didn't got banned. I mean it would be pretty silly, why should this be bannable in the first place?

So yeah, it's a pretty lame story. Sorry guys :p

Yeah that would be pretty weird to ban someone over that. I can understand making a thread on it and having misinformation in there but if it's just a post then it would be unnecessary. Don't worry I thought the story was interesting :D

Skullface

Yeah that would be pretty weird to ban someone over that. I can understand making a thread on it and having misinformation in there but if it's just a post then it would be unnecessary. Don't worry I thought the story was interesting :D

What I find interesting is that a mod changed his member tag as a result of the interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom