• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

I am in chapter 2 in Peace Walker, just met Strangelove and did the second mech battle, which was rather easy after equipping two rocket launchers. I should be a third in the game, right? Also isn't Poonyan in Vietnam or somewhere there? Doesn't sound Costa Rican.

AND I totally called the story.

La La Laaa, La La Laaa, La La Laaa

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I am in chapter 2 in Peace Walker, just met Strangelove and did the second mech battle, which was rather easy after equipping two rocket launchers. I should be a third in the game, right? Also isn't Poonyan in Vietnam or somewhere there? Doesn't sound Costa Rican.

lol pooyan missions are a tribute to the classic konami game, not a location. Also you're more or less 1/5th of the way in, the later AI battles will take way longer, plus there's a mission that's pretty tough to do solo.

After playing Peace Walker like a combined 30 hours in the past 2 days, I've noticed, as a fellow Costa Rican, that Kojima has never in his life visited this country.

Mexen

I posted something from Kojima's jap twitter and obviously google translate got it wrong. I didn't even made a new thread for it but duckroll was pretty pissed about it. Don't know maybe he had a bad day or something because people translate shit with google and post it all the time.

Anyway I think this tag is now more of a joke since i posted stuff from Kojima's japanese twitter again and thankfully didn't got banned. I mean it would be pretty silly, why should this be bannable in the first place?

So yeah, it's a pretty lame story. Sorry guys :p

I assumed correctly then. But what was the translation, what did you think you were sharing and what was actually translated? lol

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys i have 2 questions:

-Is the art book that comes with the metal gear legacy collection worth the asking price, it's kinda expensive over here.

-Should i play 4 even tough i got spoiled most of the game? Only asking because i'm kinda looking forward to the phantom pain.

Beardy

-Is the art book that comes with the metal gear legacy collection worth the asking price, it's kinda expensive over here.

-Should i play 4 even tough i got spoiled most of the game? Only asking because i'm kinda looking forward to the phantom pain.

4 is unnecessary for 5, but considering it's a part of the story, if you're really going to invest in MGS you should try and play all of them.

HD collection is good enough safe money for the CE of TPP

You know as much as I've bitched about the pax demo animation cycles, I've gotta say, if there's one thing snake's avatar has in V its an incredible sense of weight. Nothing really feels "floaty" when controlling him.

On that note, does anybody have a bullet point list of things kp took into consideration from us post GZ for the sake of quality in tpp? I mean what do we know for sure they have added or omitted? I.e crawling speed.

Skullface

You know as much as I've bitched about the pax demo animation cycles, I've gotta say, if there's one thing snake's avatar has in V its an incredible sense of weight. Nothing really feels "floaty" when controlling him.

On that note, does anybody have a bullet point list of things kp took into consideration from us post GZ for the sake of quality in tpp? I mean what do we know for sure they have added or omitted? I.e crawling speed.

I heard Big Boss utilizes chakra as the foundation for his sneaking skills.
somehow

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I assumed correctly then. But what was the translation, what did you think you were sharing and what was actually translated? lol

Puh good question, i don't remember exactly. "Is Kojima teasing some imminent announcement?" or something like that?... I even posted it as a question and not as a fact since i hoped some jap guy here can translate it.

But yeah no hard feelings, love you duckroll. I have nothing against this tag
as long as i don't get banned because of this.

Yet Dawg didn't get tagged for not knowing what pixels are.

Yeah that was tag worthy haha or some of the things Nibel posts but it's totally up to the mods, plenty of funny posts don't get tagged but these two definitely deserve a tag imo.

Pinewood

Crazy MGS theories for 2015:

The Soviet Union had their own Les Enfants Terrible program, they cloned The Boss.

Meryl is The Bosses recessive clone. She will start aging in 2015.

Quiet is the Bosses recessive clone.

Quiet is Ocelots daughter/clone.

Sniper wolf is Ocelots clone.

TPP actually takes place in the future, you play as a fourth clone, Raging Snake. Kaz is actually Raiden. Grey Fox is actually Skullface. Ocelot did Botox.

Ocelot is quadruple crossing Snake. He works for Snake, but actually for Skullface, then acutally for the Patriots, but he actually is loyal to Snake.
But he ACTUALLY works for The Boss

Big Boss faked his death in MGS 4. It just had to be to fool the secret rogue Patriots AI. MGS 5 is in the present day, but with Big Boss. He also had botox done.

lol

Sn4ke_911

Why is Kojima so afraid of releasing the releaes date?

Because the game is not done yet and he doesn't want to make the same mistake again (MGS4) and has to delay the game.

They delayed MGS4 like two times or so, shit isn't funny. Just look at The Witcher 3.

Better they wait for the reveal to make 100% sure the game comes out that day.

Randam

Pinewood

that is not how you do crazy MGS theories.
they have to be at least some what plossible.

I don't know, they all seem at least 26% plossible to me. :p I'll be suprised if there isn't a cloning plotline and Ocelot won't do some doublecrossing. And Raging Snake totally seems like a codename Kojima would give at some point.

Serious talk though, whats up with the amount of vechicle battle missions in Peace Walker? They feel so out of place and mess up the pacing.

The writing though. Kojima is GOD! Kojima is GOD! Kojima is GOD! :)

Pinewood

But... How do you stealth a vechicle? You have to use explosives...

Kaz said something about a new Mother Base with a hex structure, but we don't have enough GMP. Is it a story relate thing or do I have to hoard some funds?

You pervs locked my Stefanie thread.

Bunch of creeps.

smh

ZpPY5PV.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Kaz said something about a new Mother Base with a hex structure, but we don't have enough GMP. Is it a story relate thing or do I have to hoard some funds?
Putting soldiers you recruit in the combat unit and doing Outer Ops both give you GMP, which can be used to make weapons and items with R&D or let the plant upgrade, which is a passive action.

Also don't bother trying to stealth the vehicles yet, I don't think you get enough Fultons at the beginning, plus, you'll probably need the Fulton Mine which you can only start to get after beating the game

Batzi

Banned
So quick question, do you think Big Boss got to meet Kaz before the latter went on a mission in Afghanistan? If that's the case, do you think the reason why boss didn't go was due to his inability to fight given that he just woke up from a 9 years coma? If so, how long do you think it took Big Boss to fully recover (physiotherapy, training etc)? Would you like to see how he recovers or do you want the game to jump in time and fast forward to the Afghanistan mission? But if Kaz went shortly after Venom came to and was captured by the Soviets the same week V woke up, then wouldn't that be not feasible for Snake to go into battle and rescue Kaz since the former wouldn't be in any shape or form ready to fight? Kaz doesn't have much time to live according to Ocelot.

Getting back to the main point, if boss doesn't meet with Kaz after the coma (before Kaz goes to Afghanistan) then it means that Miler was already in Afghanistan and most likely captured waiting to be rescued but that also begs the question of how the fuck boss managed to recover in a short period of time given the fact that Kaz has barely 3 days to live after his capture? Take into account that I'm assuming that Diamond Dogs soldiers get killed and Kaz gets captured shortly after they start their mission. If Kaz' mission lasts months then it's another story and I see it as the only answer to my questions.

So quick question, do you think Big Boss got to meet Kaz before the latter went on a mission in Afghanistan? If that's the case, do you think the reason why boss didn't go was due to his inability to fight given that he just woke up from a 9 years coma? If so, how long do you think it took Big Boss to fully recover (physiotherapy, training etc)? Would you like to see how he recovers or do you want the game to jump in time and fast forward to the Afghanistan mission? But if Kaz went shortly after Venom came to and was captured by the Soviets the same week V woke up, then wouldn't that be not feasible for Snake to go into battle and rescue Kaz since the former wouldn't be in any shape or form ready to fight?Kaz doesn't have much time to live according to Ocelot.

1. Yes
2. near the end of his recovery.
3. months?
4. cover that in the titles sequence.
5. doesn't apply if the above is true.

Murkrow

Banned
I always wondered -and this is a serious thought-, what if that whole hospital scene isn't the beginning in TPP but the end?

Batzi

Banned
I always wondered -and this is a serious thought-, what if that whole hospital scene isn't the beginning in TPP but the end?

Kojima confirmed that the hospital sequence is the beginning of TPP. Wouldn't make any sense to be otherwise anyway.

Murkrow

Banned
Kojima confirmed that the hospital sequence is the beginning of TPP. Wouldn't make any sense to be otherwise anyway.

Oh ok.

I thought it would make sense because when Big Boss wanders around the hospital there are questions on the screen like: Is this a dream? and stuff like that. I thought the whole thing in TPP could be some sort of dream.

JayEH

My guess is that Ocelot brings BB to Mother Base and while he recovers Kaz goes on a mission in Afghanistan and goes missing. BB finds Kaz and then he's like "You see this? Diamond Dogs: our new home". (my guess this is the first time he meets him) the E3 2014 trailer where they're on the helicopter and they zoom in on the DD logo slightly supports this theory.

Dawg

I always thought Kaz was being held in Afghanistan during BB's coma. God knows how long he's been there. And when BB gets out of coma, the first thing Ocelot does is tell him about Kaz when BB recovered.

I always thought Kaz was being held in Afghanistan during BB's coma. God knows how long he's been there. And when BB gets out of coma, the first thing Ocelot does is tell him about Kaz when BB recovered.

"Miller's been captive for ten days."

I guess Boss wakes up, is injected with nanomachines, and then suits up to rescue Kaz.

Sn4ke_911

All i want to see is Snake eating like Goku after his coma.

tumblr_mda1m0VOZ11rt3dcq.gif

Sn4ke_911

I want a workout/recovery scene with Snake Eater playing on the background.

This too, a nice training montage would be awesome.
but not with the Snake Eater track. New music from HGW plz.

Sn4ke_911

You can't compare those two. Goku could wipe out the entire MGS Universe in an instant. Big Boss hasn't that amount of strength so, he doesn't need that much food.

Yo bruh, you made my not so serious post into a serious post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom