• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

2015 is the year of the Metal Gear.

lX2e77Q.gif

Happy new gear from Louisiana y'all! Try not to drink too hard now, lord knows ya don't wanna end up with a bad case of the whiskey dick.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Happy new gear from Louisiana y'all! Try not to drink too hard now, lord knows ya don't wanna end up with a bad case of the whiskey dick.

I never understood the whole culture surrounding alcohol and hooking up. Alcohol makes it worse outside of meeting and talking to people. Wait this if off topic.

Pinewood

Happy new year!

So how much do I have to play Peace Walker before I can safely hop into Ground Zeroes? I can hear echoes if it calling me from the Steam sale.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So how much do I have to play Peace Walker before I can safely hop into Ground Zeroes? I can hear echoes if it calling me from the Steam sale.

the whole thing, excluding bonus Extra ops

Rajang

Happy new year everyone! :D

Get the real ending and then finish every mission (main ops + extra ops), which will unlock the secret tape. If you need help unlocking/finishing missions and you're on PS3 I can always help you. I love playing PW, Coop is just extremely fun.

And oh yeah, Kaz date is canon. :>

J.EM1

Happy new year, MGS-GAF.

Last year I lurked and lurked, reading all the crazy theories and hype surrounding MGSV. This year I decided to take the plunge and sign up and register. Definitely worth it.

Can't wait to see what's in store for us in the coming months.

Happy New Years! V has come to! 201V, 20XV ( SFV,FFXV,MGSV, DMCV )
On a serious note love you brothers! Nothing but blessings, love, health and growth I wish for y'all

Also never forget !

tumblr_mdqvgzYcNG1r048glo1_500.gif

Spent an hour trying to extract the two assholes in GZ with Kaz whining the whole time.

I've been trying not to stealth games by simply knocking everyone out, but it's hard to play Ground Zeroes without just putting everyone to sleep.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Get the real ending and then finish every mission (main ops + extra ops), which will unlock the secret tape. If you need help unlocking/finishing missions and you're on PS3 I can always help you. I love playing PW, Coop is just extremely fun.

stealthing those vehicle missions is brutal, I may need help.

Herry 2015 metal gear gaf! Now that the Patriots are destroyed, what are you going to do?

2014 is over, MGS-GAF.

We've speculated.

We've laughed.

We've hyped shit up every single time.

And we've cried... many times...

But... 2015 will be our year. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will release. It has to. Together with Metal Gear Online.

Our suffering won't be for nothing!

iupnm0hg9f5n21.gif

BELIEVE DAWGU AND PATRIOT.

BELIEVE. 2015 the year of the Phantom Hype Pain Train.

I'm already preordered for PS4 and PC.

HAPPY NEW YEARS MOTHERFUCKERS.

Chinner

Banned
2014 was an eventful year for MGS fans

The good:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes was released on all platforms
Metal Gear Rising released on PC
New footage ofThe Phantom Pain released

The bad:
Still no release date for TPP
No MGS HD collection for PC/next gen platforms

The ugly:
Hype train begins journey, but crashes at every stop (David Hayter in TPP, Chico is Quiet, Grey Fox is Big Boss, TPP release date announcement on XMAS, TPP released in Februrary)

Pinewood

Happy new year everyone! :D

And oh yeah, Kaz date is canon. :>

Do I have to get a specific ranking on all these missions, or can I just go through and not worry about it? currently they fluctuate between C and A.

Do I have to get a specific ranking on all these missions, or can I just go through and not worry about it? currently they fluctuate between C and A.

Don't worry about ranking.

With that being said, unlocking the final story mission/last few missions do require some amount of grinding.

Akiller

Happy New Year MGSGaf! Thank you For the hype trains, the
twitter
crazyness surely i'll join in 2015!
2014 was the year Old Snake ended His journey but 2015 Will be the year in which Big Boss Will start His demon one.

2014 is over, MGS-GAF.

We've speculated.

We've laughed.

We've hyped shit up every single time.

And we've cried... many times...

But... 2015 will be our year. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will release. It has to. Together with Metal Gear Online.

Our suffering won't be for nothing!

iupnm0hg9f5n21.gif

*Salutes*

JayEH

First theory of 201V: Kojima will announce a June release date at Destination Playstation in February (Similar to MGS4). Show the new trailer to the retailers there and then publicly unveil the trailer at GDC in March.

This moment is one of the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7p7hOltWLg (Major MGS4 spoilers for those who havent played it.)

The amount of chills I got the first time was insane.

Seeing these two legends together.

Such an incredible scene. Also, MGS4 still looks phenomenal. My goodness, what a beautiful game.

First theory of 201V: Kojima will announce a June release date at Destination Playstation in February (Similar to MGS4). Show the new trailer to the retailers there and then publicly unveil the trailer at GDC in March.

I can get behind that! (I think a June release sounds about right, but also believe we'll get release date info before February.)

Pinewood

This moment is one of the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7p7hOltWLg (Major MGS4 spoilers for those who havent played it.)

The amount of chills I got the first time was insane.

Seeing these two legends together.

I remember the chills during this scene when I completed MGS 4, although the feels during the Ocelot battle were cranked even higher.

But rewatching this makes me question - why the charade by EVA if she knew what was going on?

I guess MGS 4 makes much more sense if you look it as MGS the senior edition: Old Snake looks as other old people(Ocelot, EVA, Big Boss) keep on rambling :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom