• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
DON'T ASK ME CHINNER.

HDRZDLW.gif

JayEH

No reflex. I wanted it to be as hard and "true" as possible. I don't hate reflex, but felt like too much of a crutch and trivialized my experience, personally. Plus more points. Only thing about that though was when I would get caught, I didn't know who exactly saw me, which was frustrating.

I wish being spotted by one guy didn't alert the entire base, until he actually calls it in, but it all worked out in the end.

I can't play Hard without reflex because of the entire base being alerted. It would be fun to play without it but the game seems built around it.

When you're done beating everything on Hard I recommend turning all the HUD elements off. It's a cool, novel thing to try out for a couple of runs.

JayEH

I believe this is from that Metal Gear Rising interview where he had to come out and say that his team fucked up and they had to outsource it to Platinum Games.

Probably one of Kojima's lower points in his career.

yep. I can't stop laughing every time I see that. I feel so bad.

Do you guys think we will ever see ZOE3?

You can blame High Voltage for messing up the HD collection which in turn led to ZOE 3 being cancelled.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
can anyone think of any metal gear names for new cat.

tumblr_lv2ojk5RDI1qhwmnpo1_500.jpg

yep. I can't stop laughing every time I see that. I feel so bad.

The thing is it wasn't even Kojima's fault. One time just one single time he tries to hand over a project to his team and they fuck it up. They can't do shit without their leader Kojima-san.

Don't get me wrong, amazingly talented people but without Kojima they are nothing. The next Metal Gear game not directed by Kojima will be interesting.

You can blame High Voltage for messing up the HD collection which in turn led to ZOE 3 being cancelled.

The bigger problem was that nobody bought the HD collection and that's why ZOE3 got "on hold".

JayEH

can anyone think of any metal gear names for new cat.

Ocelot!

The thing is it wasn't even Kojima's fault. One time just one single time he tries to hand over a project to his team and they fuck it up. They can't do shit without their leader Kojima-san.

Don't get me wrong, amazingly talented people but without Kojima they are nothing. The next Metal Gear game not directed by Kojima will be interesting.

Yeah. I think if KojiPro was able to do MGR without Kojima, he would be free to do other projects. Now he pretty much has to keep doing Metal Gears since they obviously can't do anything without him. Can't believe he's finding the time for Silent Hills.

I can't play Hard without reflex because of the entire base being alerted. It would be fun to play without it but the game seems built around it.

When you're done beating everything on Hard I recommend turning all the HUD elements off. It's a cool, novel thing to try out for a couple of runs.

Indeed, I hear ya. Reflex does seem to serve that purpose, since I swear that's how it worked in past MGS games.

No HUD though will definitely be interesting. Really want to play around more after 100% and do stuff like this: http://youtu.be/QGgCUK-8m10

Sn4ke_911

Skull Face is such a scary motherfucker. I hope he has a big role in TPP, can't wait to see more of him.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I did kinda like about Peace Walker's story is that it explains the
the Patriots' AI and how the Metal Gear universe could have fully functioning AIs by 2007, what with Zero funding Coldman's research and all.

Skullface

Well, we do see him and Big Boss together in the trailer so who knows what his role is at this point, in the grand scheme of things.

I bet there's a bargain with the devil type scenario. It is mentioned that Big Boss is an old comrade of Skull Face, is it not? Maybe Big Boss is able to come to terms with Skull's motives and works with him to combat Cipher.

Or the more obviously, Big Boss et al believe that Cipher is responsible for the attack on Mother Base. So Skull Face manipulates the situation.

Dawg

I know some of us are tired of the endless speculation, hype and waiting on a release date... but I can't be the only one who likes the crazy hype of MGS-GAF, right?

I'm actually kinda worried this place will die down after MGS V releases and most of us completed it. These days, we can talk about anything because there is basically endless speculation with MGS V but after MGS V there will be less to talk about... unless we start speculating about Silent Hills, lol.

I don't want to sound corny, but all the crazy shit we did these past few months was really fun. We even got Kojima to hold a mosaic of our avatars, I would have never thought that moment would happen :lol And it's always great to talk about random MGS stuff with everyone. And the threads on the front page never disappoint :smugface:

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I know some of us are tired of the endless speculation, hype and waiting on a release date... but I can't be the only one who likes the crazy hype of MGS-GAF, right?

I'm actually kinda worried this place will die down after MGS V releases and most of us completed it. These days, we can talk about anything because there is basically endless speculation with MGS V but after MGS V there will be less to talk about... unless we start speculating about Silent Hills, lol.

I don't want to sound corny, but all the crazy shit we did these past few months was really fun. We even got Kojima to hold a mosaic of our avatars, I would have never thought that moment would happen :lol And it's always great to talk about random MGS stuff with everyone. And the threads on the front page never disappoint :smugface:

dont worry, we'll then move on to playing MGO3 and MGSV co-op, then the Rising 2 hype, then the MG1 + 2 remakes hype.

lol, GAF will cease to exist when MGS5 releases. Don't want any spoilers so I'll only come on GAF and read the reactions plus post mine when I complete the main game.

Sn4ke_911

I completely agree, MGS-GAF is just the best when it comes to hype. The whole Solid Snake and Hayter debate was just legendary hahaha, or the TGS hype thread. Such good memories with my brothers but don't worry Dawg i don't think it will die down. Kojima will continue his secret, troll-ish behaviour with Silent Hills and i will sure as hell be on that hype too.

It's not just MGS, i'm basically excited for everything Kojima makes. I also can't wait for the Metal Gear Rising 2 announcement.
Come on, we all know it's going to happen.

Great things to look forward too, I mean yeah i probably won't be as excited as with a new MGS game because no other franchise makes me as hype as Metal Gear but i will sure as hell be very excited for Silent Hills.

Vally

Agreed, the wait for a release date is becoming unbearable but deep down all the hype and crazy theories have been a lot of fun. MGS-GAF is best GAF, I would barely post on the forum if it wasn't for this community.

I don't think the discussion will die down after MGSV is released, I'm sure there will be plenty of things to talk about (Rising 2, Silent Hills, speculation about MGS6 or whatever)

Sn4ke_911

Agreed, the wait for a release date is becoming unbearable but deep down all the hype and crazy theories have been a lot of fun. MGS-GAF is best GAF, I would barely post on the forum if it wasn't for this community.

I don't think the discussion will die down after MGSV is released, I'm sure there will be plenty of things to talk about (Rising 2, Silent Hills, speculation about MGS6 or whatever)

Yeah, also i'm sure months and months after the release of MGSV people will still post in the OT because they found another easter egg or just want to talk about the story.

Oh and there is still Metal Gear Online which the plan is to have this around for many many years to come. So there is always something to talk about :)

Skullface

I just google pictured his name... who the fuck is this clown?

Edit: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/chris-chan-cwc-christian-weston-chandler

Wat.

Sonichu.com is an archive of his exploits. If I'm not mistaken, he used to actually own this domain until some /b/tards wound up stealing it from him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XmuUP8Z7r4

Up for a little cringe Snaku? This is the video I discovered last night. The epitome of Chris Chan. I'd be surprised if you make it past the 1 minute mark.

O7

I'll keep an eye out for that for sure!

I might take you up on that offer, I want to get a bit more familiar with the game first so I don't totally suck :p

Haha! Sounds good, yo; but don't feel bad -- Peace Walker can be a fairly difficult game, even with a partner. You'll get the hang of it, fellow Diamond Dog! Nice avatar, by the way! ;-;7

More pics of the Quiet figure.

Can we find any clues?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

MGSV-TPP-Quiet-Play-Arts-6.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been looking at this one in particular, trying to spot the differences between the gloved hands -- but no cigar! :-( These MGSV figures are on point. I don't buy figures, but I am going to cave on a few of these... Probably be Skull Face and Quiet!
ALL OF THEM.

This place will always be alive because we have anime discussions as a fallback.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Oh, but of course! Sugoi Joosten Action
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Skullface

Jesus christ.

I'm dying to know, did you try to watch the video? How far could you get? I forced myself to watch the whole thing. There's a lot more, but that 10 or so minutes is more than enough for a lifetime.

On another note, this whole Ground Zeroes mock of him is hilarious. Once you get some context behind "Tactical Bluearm Rebellion", that'll have you in stitches.

Mitch

Banned
Got this today. First time playing it. Also have the HD collection ready to play once I'm done. 4 is the only game I've beaten in the series, which I did last week. Aside from that, I haven't played any of the games.

Once I beat 1-3, I'll probably get a copy of Twin Snakes. While doing some research on the series, I saw a lot of people saying the original MGS is the definitive edition. Kojima's true vision, if you will. So I went with that instead of playing TS.

Dawg

I completely agree, MGS-GAF is just the best when it comes to hype. The whole Solid Snake and Hayter debate was just legendary hahaha, or the TGS hype thread. Such good memories with my brothers but don't worry Dawg i don't think it will die down. Kojima will continue his secret, troll-ish behaviour with Silent Hills and i will sure as hell be on that hype too.

It's not just MGS, i'm basically excited for everything Kojima makes. I also can't wait for the Metal Gear Rising 2 announcement.

Great things to look forward too, I mean yeah i probably won't be as excited as with a new MGS game because no other franchise makes me as hype as Metal Gear but i will sure as hell be very excited for Silent Hills.

I just remembered TeamCG and TeamReal lol.

I'm dying to know, did you try to watch the video? How far could you get? I forced myself to watch the whole thing. There's a lot more, but that 10 or so minutes is more than enough for a lifetime.

On another note, this whole Ground Zeroes mock of him is hilarious. Once you get some context behind "Tactical Bluearm Rebellion", that'll have you in stitches.

I got to the video where he is pretending to give oral.
I think i need to play ten more minutes of peace walker to experience something worse.

Yeah, also i'm sure months and months after the release of MGSV people will still post in the OT because they found another easter egg or just want to talk about the story.

Oh and there is still Metal Gear Online which the plan is to have this around for many many years to come. So there is always something to talk about :)

I just remembered TeamCG and TeamReal lol.

2014-07-2016_53_22-enxaerd.png

THE HYPE NEVER DIES. CAN'T WASH THIS FUCKING KOJIMA OFF OUR HANDS. LET THE MODS BAN US ALL. IT'S JUST MEANS TO A RELEASE DATE. OUR SALVATION LIES (IN BATZI'S SINS) BEYOND THE TRUTH, LET ME SUFFER NOW!

You guys. This hype train has been unbelievable. BUT IT WILL NEVER DIE! You hear me? NEVER! Even when the game is out and the speculation itself dies down, we still have the most important thing - the game! MGO will always be around, especially thanks to a PC release, so there's no more worrying about being shut down. The base invasions will be incredible. And if co-op is included? Lawd. So, no worries guys! ^_^ BESIDES! Silent Hills!!!!!!! We should start getting some footage (or rather, even an idea of how the game will actually be) in a few months at E3. We'll gather around, and GET HYPE for that! It's a true next-gen game by Hideo Kojima -- that alone is worth a massive hype train.
leuhkiktmk96.gif

Also, for what it's worth, this thread is the best: Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom