• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why-cant-i-hold-all-these-wats.jpg

It is my opinion that Naughty Dog peaked with Crash Bandicoot 2

I would agree if you had said crash bandicoot 3.

This is the problem with GOTY/Most Anticipated Game threads. Guys, I'm willing to bet that both Metal Gear Solid V and Uncharted 4 will be great games (even though I'm much more interested in MGSV myself) but what does arguing over which one will be better or should be more anticipated really achieve? People just shit on the thing that's in competition with the thing they prefer. Who cares what GAF likes more? Xenoblade Chronicles X is my number 1 probably but I don't care that there's 6 games above it. I'm certainly not gonna shit on the 6 games (and I'm looking forward to all of them) just so it will look better.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is the problem with GOTY/Most Anticipated Game threads. Guys, I'm willing to bet that both Metal Gear Solid V and Uncharted 4 will be great games (even though I'm much more interested in MGSV myself) but what does arguing over which one will be better or should be more anticipated really achieve? People just shit on the thing that's in competition with the thing they prefer. Who cares what GAF likes more? Xenoblade Chronicles X is my number 1 probably but I don't care that there's 6 games above it. I'm certainly not gonna shit on the 6 games (and I'm looking forward to all of them) just so it will look better.

You don't have ULTIMATE PASSION, Kojima would never hire you. :p

Kojima won't accept you ;P

To clarify, most of us weren't in there arguing. I was mostly referring to Endo Punk's posts. I mean, I could care less! You know? When MGSV is out, that's all I will play. Just like many of us here.

Oh forgive me, Kojima.

Really, the ultimate point is don't get worked up over this stuff. As someone who really likes MGS4, I'd be a in a whirlwind of emotion if I took GAF's 'this is the worst game ever but we voted it GOTY twice anyway' seriously.

JayEH

Apparently we're a toxic community now? Ok whatever.

The rain was coming down just as hard the night we derailed the Most Anticipated Games of 2015 thread. "Uncharted 4 is my most anticipated game of 2015." I can't believe we ever accepted that fanboy drivel.

I need to stop entering threads about metal gear in gaming.

Apparently we're a toxic community now? Ok whatever.

Yeah. That was horse hockey. We are one of the most welcoming communities, by far.

I need to stop entering threads about metal gear in gaming.

Yeah, dude. More times than not, it's a time-waster. Metal Gear-related threads always bring in loads of shit-posting. When I joined up, I remember not being able to go into a MGS:GZ/MGSV thread without reading how shit Peace Walker and MGS4 are -- that's, in part, why I'm so thankful for your beautiful thread.

Yea, that was pretty harsh. I'm a lurker basically everywhere else on GAF except here because it's pretty welcoming. We organized multiple mosaics so we could make sure more people from the community could get on the one sent to Kojima, damn it :mad:

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
If the times demanded, we will be toxic, trolls, shit posters. And yes we may all be headed straight to Community. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is MGS-GAF.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Who said again Konami doesn't pay much for their voice actors?

2015-01-0900_47_10-ac1ms1a.png

Spot

I love hearing Ride of the Valkyrie when the helicopter picks me up in Ground Zeroes. So cliched but so good.
Hope it comes back in Phantom Pain.

This weapon will render all other Metal Gear fans obsolete. NeoGAF posters building up their own Most Anticipated Game of 2015 force will think twice about their NUCLEAR strategy in the light of the MGSGAF dominance spelled out by Batzi.

Skullface

Holy fuck... I beat Peace Walker 2 hours ago and I'm just now finishing the Zadornov grind. Fuck. It'll be years before I replay this game.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck... I beat Peace Walker 2 hours ago and I'm just now finishing the Zadornov grind. Fuck. It'll be years before I replay this game.

Eh, you can easily build rocket launchers that make the normal AI weps a complete joke. I can do Peace Walker 1 in about 5 minutes now.
Now, the Tier 2 and Custom AIs...let's say 20 minutes on Peace Walker Custom gives you an S Rank.

NYR94

Jay Tavare is back in the studio recording more dialogue for Code Talker:

Link

When will the VO sessions for MGSV:TPP be finished?!?

He has a post on his twitter about MGSV voice acting going back to September 2013. They really spread this stuff out. I wonder how large his role is. He looks like a really interesting character.

Skullface

Eh, you can easily build rocket launchers that make the normal AI weps a complete joke. I can do Peace Walker 1 in about 5 minutes now.
Now, the Tier 2 and Custom AIs...let's say 20 minutes on Peace Walker Custom gives you an S Rank.

Yeah, with battle dress you can hold 3 to boot. It's just the replaying of those extra ops to get the Zadornov missions to pop up. What a pain.

Haha, I never played a ME game lol.

Heh! Really? Wow. That's something! Mass Effect is my favorite "new" IP from the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 era. All three entries were unique in their own ways; all completely different, almost always for the better. I don't see you post often here (I don't think), so it'd be reckless of me to say "Hey, welcome to the MGS community! Leave and go play Mass Effect." But you should definitely try them out if you get a chance!

wmlk

Heh! Really? Wow. That's something! Mass Effect is my favorite "new" IP from the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 era. All three entries were unique in their own ways; all completely different, almost always for the better. I don't see you post often here (I don't think), so it'd be reckless of me to say "Hey, welcome to the MGS community! Leave and go play Mass Effect." But you should definitely try them out if you get a chance!

I don't come here often but I'm a pretty big MGS nut. I just don't like delving that deeply into any series, really. I try to spread things out between FF, MGS, Persona, MGS, Pokémon etc.

And yeah I'll play ME eventually. I'm thinking an HD Collection is due for PS4 soon enough.

I don't come here often but I'm a pretty big MGS nut. I just don't like delving that deeply into any series, really. I try to spread things out between FF, MGS, Persona, MGS, Pokémon etc.

And yeah I'll play ME eventually. I'm thinking an HD Collection is due for PS4 soon enough.

Ah, yeah! Makes sense. But er-- fuck that noise; JUMP IN, SON OF KOJIMA!!!!! :p

Sounds like a plan; I'm sure it'll happen sooner rather than later!

JayEH

Listing MGS twice...Accident or Freudian Slip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom