• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
With MGS4 you really got the feeling Kojima is burned out on this series but with MGSV it looks like he got his passion and energy back.

With MGS4 you really got the feeling Kojima is burned out on this series but with MGSV it looks like he got his passion and energy back.

I feel it's because he is finally able to tackle open world that makes sense within the narrative of the game. He always had a thing for dem Rockstar games. That and well MGS4 was the end of the Solid Snake saga, I doubt if he was able to sleep well throughout the whole development. Ending a story that spanned a decade would do that to anyone.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up MGS2 on Vita last night. That was quite a trip! Looking forward to starting up MGS3.

Rajang

He already had his mojo back with PW. He was in a completely different mood compared to MGS4 development. He wrote the story for GZ right after PW. Its almost like the development from MGS1 to MGS2.

Even though it was a handheld game he treated PW like a really important installment. It's one of the biggest MGS games to date. The amount of content in that game is absolutely ridiculous and it was all designed for a small system with a tiny memory pool and other outdated specs. He also wanted to release GZ immediately after it on either PSP or PS3.

rockstar-24815.jpg

Rajang

Another great picture with Troy Baker (Ocelot) and Naughty Dog.
Kojima-London-2014-BAFTA-Awards-Troy-Baker.jpg

Great picture indeed.

For some reason that picture reminds me of TGA's after party last month. Where exactly everyone in that picture got kicked out because they didn't meet the dress code, they were wearing sneakers apparently and that wasn't allowed. WTF?!

I bet Kojima's samurai spirit took a dent. I hope he doesn't associate with Keighley again. That smug c*** doesn't deserve to be close to Kojima.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. Why is that?

He is an idiot for kicking Kojima out for wearing sneakers. Doritos Pope has gone too far.

Dude they are like best friends.. Kojima and Naughty Dog got rejected by the bouncer at the front door of the afterparty. He probably had no clue who these people are. Instead of calling the pope/ or starting an argument with the bouncer, they decided to leave (from what I've heard those afterparties aren't that great anyway)

Rajang

When did this happen?

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/541155614882144256

Åesop;146920793 said:
Dude they are like best friends.. Kojima and Naughty Dog got rejected by the bouncer at the front door of the afterparty. He probably had no clue who these people are. Instead of calling the pope/ or starting an argument with the bouncer, they decided to leave (from what I've heard those afterparties aren't that great anyway)

They are not best friends.

Sn4ke_911

Just re-watching the E3 2014 gameplay.

Bb6SiIU.png

The feels. Why are we still waiting? Just to suffer?

I made the same mistake a few days ago. I did a MGSV trailer and gameplay marathon. You will feel like shit after watching it. :p

I'm just joking but watching those videos sadly doesn't ease the (phantom) pain :/

Chinner

Banned
Anyone else addicted to speedrunning GZ? It's not a ground breaking run, but got 6:35 on hard mode with no alerts, kills or reflex (obviously).

http://youtu.be/PZ8a8hw-DFM

A pretty safe run with a standard Chico drop off and a Paz heli-pad extraction. I could probably shave off 10 seconds by just doing it better. Otherwise, my next step is probably to bring Chico to the heli-pad extraction but there's a few things I need to zone down.

I think it helps that GZ is so short, but it's got that 'just one more...' mentality. Trying to shave off a few seconds here or there or just try something completely different.

I'm thinking of attempting to go through MGS2/3 and speed run them. I've been watching Twitch and there's some great runs going on there.

JayEH

Anyone else addicted to speedrunning GZ? It's not a ground breaking run, but got 6:35 on hard mode with no alerts, kills or reflex (obviously).

http://youtu.be/PZ8a8hw-DFM

A pretty safe run with a standard Chico drop off and a Paz heli-pad extraction. I could probably shave off 10 seconds by just doing it better. Otherwise, my next step is probably to bring Chico to the heli-pad extraction but there's a few things I need to zone down.

I think it helps that GZ is so short, but it's got that 'just one more...' mentality. Trying to shave off a few seconds here or there or just try something completely different.

I'm thinking of attempting to go through MGS2/3 and speed run them. I've been watching Twitch and there's some great runs going on there.

Yeah I was like that for a while. My best in hard is like 8 minutes and normal I got it down to 5. (I use reflex though) Really fun to mess around with. And yeah go ahead and speed run 2 and 3. Then we'll see you at AGDQ next year!

Dawg

I made the same mistake a few days ago. I did a MGSV trailer and gameplay marathon. You will feel like shit after watching it. :p

I'm just joking but watching those videos sadly doesn't ease the (phantom) pain :/

i watch these videos every few days

i try to avoid the gameplay videos. i've only watched the africa footage once. i want the levels to be fresh when i tackle them.

i watch the e3 2013 trailer every couple of days though. that has to be the best video game trailer ever

i try to avoid the gameplay videos. i've only watched the africa footage once. i want the levels to be fresh when i tackle them.

i watch the e3 2013 trailer every couple of days though. that has to be the best video game trailer ever

I wanted to do this so badly! I almost wanted to avoid the Africa gameplay demo altogether. But then, pride fed my blackened heart.

The E3 2013 trailer is the greatest piece of art I've ever seen in my entire life.

Sn4ke_911

The thing is those gameplay videos are specially prepared for those events like E3 or TGS. The level design is different. If you look at the Afghanistan gameplay video and then at the E3 2013 trailer at the beginning when he rides with the horse it looks completely different.

I have not seen the Africa gameplay.
Don't ask me how i did it.

The thing is those gameplay videos are specially prepared for those events like E3 or TGS. The level design is different. If you look at the Afghanistan gameplay video and then at the E3 2013 trailer at the beginning when he rides with the horse it looks completely different.

certainly the level design in the gameplay demos is finalized. the mission itself might be set-up specifically for the demo (enemy placement, POWs, etc), but the layout of the levels is probably finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom