• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
57z2VqP.png

I had to make this.

Skullface

I wish Portable Ops was playable on Vita...

tell me about it. torashiro pls

Last year I bought a used PSP Go specifically for MGS:pO. I used to own a physical copy, but I lent it out and never got it back. When I was playing through the game, I realized that I was better off without it. I recognize it as canon, by my head canon ignores it.

Not to mention, the default controls suck. You can re work them so they're similar to Peace Walker, and Vita analogue controls would make for a huge improvement. I'm sure both you guys played the game at some point, I'd still say you're not missing much.

JayEH

Last year I bought a used PSP Go specifically for MGS:pO. I used to own a physical copy, but I lent it out and never got it back. When I was playing through the game, I realized that I was better off without it. I recognize it as canon, by my head canon ignores it.

Not to mention, the default controls suck. You can re work them so they're similar to Peace Walker, and Vita analogue controls would make for a huge improvement. I'm sure both you guys played the game at some point, I'd still say you're not missing much.

Yeah I keep hearing it's not great but I read a synopsis of the story and it seems so dumb that I have to see it for myself.

leuhkikcskn4ayu7m.gif

sorry

HOW

Skullface

Dat fortune. Am I the only one that get so nostalgic about MGS as a series? It's the only series where in every point of my life playing it was such a fucking good time.

I hold MGS very near and dear to my heart. Ever since '98, the series has been a mainstay in my life, there for all the various phases I've been through.

MGS1: My childhood and all things associated with it

MGS2: My adolescence

MGS3/4: My transition into adulthood

GZ/PP: Transitional phase in life, nostalgia invoking

I might sound like a complete dweeb, but I've got no problem saying this. GZ and the PP hype helped ease some of my pain with the personal issues I've been going through over the past year.

I hold MGS very near and dear to my heart. Ever since '98, the series has been a mainstay in my life, there for all the various phases I've been through.

I might sound like a complete dweeb, but I've got no problem saying this. GZ and the PP hype helped ease some of my pain with the personal issues I've been going through over the past year.

That's exactly my points with the series as well except from MGS2 till 3 and even when 4 first released, I used to spend time alot with my cousins (most of my family members are gamers) and now we don't anymore because such is life. One got married while the rest are scrambled in different collages, different countries. Playing a certain MGS game always takes me back to a certain time and I just love it. It also helps that I'm a very nostalgic person.

Skullface

That's exactly my points with the series as well except from MGS2 till 3 and even when 4 first released, I used to spend time alot with my cousins (most of my family members are gamers) and now we don't anymore because such is life. One got married while the rest are scrambled in different collages, different countries. Playing a certain MGS game always takes me back to a certain time and I just love it. It also helps that I'm a very nostalgic person.

I know those feels dude. MGS2 in particular helped me cope with my teenage problems. Everything from moving to a new city to marital problems (which have since been resolved) with my parents.

Vally

I've tried to play Portable Ops on vita but I can't get into it, I don't know maybe I'm not in the right mood to play it but I'm not digging the gameplay... I think I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube. Calling to the Night is amazing though.

Skullface

I've tried to play Portable Ops on vita but I can't get into it, I don't know maybe I'm not in the right mood to play it but I'm not digging the gameplay... I think I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube. Calling to the Night is amazing though.

I remember playing Peace Walker and thinking "Wow! They got the gameplay right!"

Rajang

I don't like Portable Ops' gameplay either. They should have ported that to PS3 as well and included it in the Legacy Collection and updated the controls like they did with PW.

This is pretty much the same for me.

T_T I love you MGS.

Skullface

I was also born the same year Kojima gave birth to Metal Gear.

;_;

I've never encountered a series where it's fans have the same level of emotional attachment that Metal Gear seems to have.

Edit: Metal Gear is 3 months older than me. I was born in October '88. Kojima spewed forth Metal Gear from his loins in July '87

Edit2: I can't believe how terrible my math is. Metal Gear is 7 months older than me hahaha

JayEH

I've never encountered a series where it's fans have the same level of emotional attachment that Metal Gear seems to have.

Edit: Metal Gear is 3 months older than me. I was born in October '88. Kojima spewed forth Metal Gear from his loins in July '87

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

pretty sure hideo kojima had a poop on the same day i was born.

Holy shit.

I'm pretty sure our love of Metal Gear is the only thing me and my brother have in common so yea, this series has got its emotional hooks into me to. He doesn't play games anymore but he'll always be down to watch me play a new Metal Gear.

Skullface

I'm pretty sure our love of Metal Gear is the only thing me and my brother have in common so yea, this series has got its emotional hooks into me to. He doesn't play games anymore but he'll always be down to watch me play a new Metal Gear.

It's the same with me and my brother. He himself hasn't played a Metal Gear game since MGS2. He wants to get back into the series. We went to a send off party yesterday for my sister who's leaving for the Navy a week from Tuesday, so I gave him my duplicate copies of MGS 4 and Ground Zeroes. He's fucking pumped. I love it. I can't wait for him to call me asking for plot explanations.

Skullface

ahhh, to be young. i was 16 for mgs1. i was in college when mgs2 and 3 came out

Ahh, I was 10 when MGS came out. Have you been in Mass for a long time? Do you remember Tokyo Kid in Harvard Sq in the Garage? I remember picking up a Japanese copy of MGS and Final Fantasy VIII there for no other reason than novelty. I already had both games in English. To be young indeed...

What if Big Boss grafts someone's arm at the end and that's why he becomes evil.

I'd fucking rage.

Pinewood

What if Big Boss grafts someone's arm at the end and that's why he becomes evil.

Maybe he swaps arms with Miller?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

By the way, will Miller get awesome limbs too? I mean Snake has multiple mechanic arms at his disposal and his second in command, one of his closest friends has... well... a steel pipe stuck to his leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom