• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

B7Gv_HoCYAA9f6k.jpg

Horn needs to be protruding through that chicken's right eye.

zkorejo

Stated MGS3 2 days ago. Its still as good as I remembered it (apart from the controls). I dont usually replay old games much.. I am glad I did it with MGS3. One of the best games ever made.

Cant believe its been 10 years when this first came out.

JayEH

Stated MGS3 2 days ago. Its still as good as I remembered it (apart from the controls). I dont usually replay old games much.. I am glad I did it with MGS3. One of the best games ever made.

Cant believe its been 10 years when this first came out.

I think it controls fine once you get used to it. Only problem I have are the dumb CQC controls. I didn't mean to slit your throat, sorry!

JayEH

I put it in my top 5 for sure but I'm not sure exactly where I put it (I think third?). It was my top game this year until I played Wolfenstein...and then Bayonetta 2.

Ryan_MSF

I put it in my top 5 for sure but I'm not sure exactly where I put it (I think third?). It was my top game this year until I played Wolfenstein...and then Bayonetta 2.

Agreed, bayo just took it for me, though I probably played GZ more than anything else last year in terms of hours!

B7Ij458CMAAMjBm.jpg:large

Agreed, bayo just took it for me, though I probably played GZ more than anything else last year in terms of hours!

Ah, nice! Still haven't had a chance to play Bayonetta 2. It'll be a while, unfortunately. I did play Wolfenstein, though. Fun game!

zkorejo

I think it controls fine once you get used to it. Only problem I have are the dumb CQC controls. I didn't mean to slit your throat, sorry!

Yea it definitely got better after 6 hours.

The only problem I have been having is with aiming the gun and firing with Square (not pressing all the way if you don't wish to shoot) and R1. CQC and Stealth isn't much of a problem for me.

I don't know if I'm just too dumb for MGS3's CQC but I never successfully threw or interrogated an enemy. Also, I'm being spotted everytime I try to sneak up on a guard. They always hear my footsteps even if I go into super slow mode.

After finishing PW on saturday evening and moving towards the 'true' end on sunday. I finally got round to starting Ground Zeroes. And my god is it gorgeous. What a stunning game (Xbox One version). I done the standard
rescue Chico and Paz
. That story, Big Boss must be pissed. My hype for MGSV has grown tenfold. Will gradually play through the side missions while exploring the area during this week.

I'll also be finishing off those extra ops in PW. The date with Paz was fun!

Meow, meow, meow.

Meow? meow, meow, meow...?

They always hear my footsteps even if I go into super slow mode.

I had the exact same problem till I got a certain camo.

Apparently you can use the d-pad to move more silently, I managed to do the whole game with out using CQC or even grabbing someone.

Palpable

I don't know if I'm just too dumb for MGS3's CQC but I never successfully threw or interrogated an enemy. Also, I'm being spotted everytime I try to sneak up on a guard. They always hear my footsteps even if I go into super slow mode.

Use the D-pad to sneak-walk when close to them if you don't have the spirit camo.

So we have this poll here regarding whether or not meestor hayter shows up in the game.

Why not one for gray fox?

I have a feeling we won't be seeing BB's most trusted lieutenant because of a certain someone who'll also lose an arm at a further point in the series.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So we have this poll here regarding whether or not meestor hayter shows up in the game.

Why not one for gray fox?

I have a feeling we won't be seeing BB's most trusted lieutenant because of a certain someone who'll also lose an arm at a further point in the series.

Don't worry Gray Fox aka Frank Jaeger will be too in The Phantom Pain. It will be a huge MGS family party with lot's of returning characters.

Pinewood

I think The Phantom Pain is THE open world game for me. For me, Far Cry 2 and Crysis, since I've played them, have been one of my favourite games for all the endless possibilities they provide with their emergent gameplay. Watching The quirks they've shown on the gameplay demos, like
fultoning c4 to a chopper
or
using a decoy to throw a guy off a cliff
seem really cool and I hope they've barely scratched the surface with what the game has to offer.

A couple years back during winter I had this idea of a game, where I could take a sled, strap c4 to it and roll it down a hill to an enemy base and blow it all to bits. MGS 5 seems like a dream come true.

Also I hope there's a snow level in TPP
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Dawg

Why do people even care so much about the most anticipated thread? First of all, a great deal of NeoGAF posters prefer the PlayStation 4 and its exclusives. That isn't overgeneralization. Most people here just do. Sony exclusives get crazy hype. I'm not accusing this board of bias or fanboyism, but most people are just really excited about PlayStation games... ESPECIALLY Naughty Dog games.

So I don't think Uncharted 4 being #1 is a big surprise. The difference is negligible anyway. Uncharted 4 won't be a better game just because one or two persons voted for U4 and not MGSV. And it's not even about quality. We won't know how both games will play. It's literally voting on your most hyped title. It's a thread about the most hyped titles. To me, the results just show that a lot of people are looking forward to both games.

Why do people even care so much about the most anticipated thread? First of all, a great deal of NeoGAF posters prefer the PlayStation 4 and its exclusives. That isn't overgeneralization. Most people here just do. Sony exclusives get crazy hype. I'm not accusing this board of bias or fanboyism, but most people are just really excited about PlayStation games... ESPECIALLY Naughty Dog games.

So I don't think Uncharted 4 being #1 is a big surprise. The difference is negligible anyway. Uncharted 4 won't be a better game just because one or two persons voted for U4 and not MGSV. And it's not even about quality. We won't know how both games will play. It's literally voting on your most hyped title. It's a thread about the most hyped titles. To me, the results just show that a lot of people are looking forward to both games.
I agree. I mean, I'm still not convinced Uncharted 4 is coming out this year so I was somewhat surprised it did so well but I don't get why people get worked up about this stuff. I suppose with no news coming out about TPP lately, we have to fight over something.

Sn4ke_911

I have no problem if UC4 rightfully won but i think something went wrong with the counting and this is what bugged me, again i followed this thread very closely and to me MGSV was the clear winner but hey it is what it is now, no big deal.

Dawg

I have no problem if UC4 rightfully won but i think something went wrong with the counting and this is what bugged me, again i followed this thread very closely and to me MGSV was the clear winner but hey it is what it is now, no big deal.

Wellllllll... if that's true, I would have said that but nothing more. Didn't read the entire discussion but it became a catfight apparently.

I mean, nothing would change for me if MGS V came out on top with a few more points :p

Let's talk again when we're voting for GOTY 2015 :p

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Why not count it up to be sure?

Sn4ke_911

Shinobi did it manually. I think. It's easy to make a mistake this way.

He also had the flu and apologized a few times why it takes so long and he will hurry up so he started to rush and something probably went wrong. Also some people helped him count so yeah... but then again it is what it is, nobody can change it so let's just accept it.

Dawg

He also had the flu and apologized a few times why it takes so long and he will hurry up so he started to rush and something probably went wrong. Also some people helped him count so yeah... but then again it is what it is, nobody can change it so let's just accept it.

I don't have to accept shit.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN MOST HYPED GAME EVARRRRRRRRR!!!

Dawg

Really? Is the easiest one :l
Both on Normal and Hard. Just use the tranquillizer gun and blast every enemy you see, destroy the tank, shoot the soldier on helicopter and that's it, S rank. You can even reload a checkpoint and the game still gives you a S rank, at least on Normal.

Yeah, I would recommend doing the S rank on your pacifist run.

It's really easy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is anyone else hoping for a snowy area in TPP? Seeing snow/ice rendered in the Fox Engine would be glorious. Maybe a mountainous region in Russia? Or maybe the game will stay around the Middle East... I dunno.

It's amazing how little we actually know about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom