• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

Yep.

His_pic02_zoom.jpg

Picture for ants? Ants?!

JayEH

What we don't know is whether or not Zero ordered the attack. It's implied that Skullface acted entirely on his own.

Yeah I think he did too. I still think that Skullface tells Bosu about the Mother Base attack but they decide to join forces to stop Zero. Then BB will double cross Skullface and join up with Zero since he needs to get back on his good side to lead Foxhound.

Skullface

Yeah I think he did too. I still think that Skullface tells Bosu about the Mother Base attack but they decide to join forces to stop Zero. Then BB will double cross Skullface and join up with Zero since he needs to get back on his good side to lead Foxhound.

This is one clusterfuck I'm looking forward to sorting out.

Dawg

I rewatched the TGS footage and how can you even ignore that little cute puppy, how can you not take him with you

;____________;

We don't really know that skullface initiated the attack against the boss.

Of course Skullface is responsible. What else would he mean by "The Trojan Horse is in"? The ONLY way Big Boss would join forces with Skullface is unwittingly. There's no other way he'd be able to rationalize partnering up with the same man who planted two bombs inside of Paz and used her as a Trojan Horse to kill him when he inevitably rescued her.

My point: Big Boss is completely oblivious to Skullface being the sole individual responsible for his 9 year coma. It's just a matter of time until he finds out.

Timeaisis

Whoa.

And, then Ocelot does some triple crossing, too, of course. That would be implied.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So weird that Zeke looks so more advanced than the Metal Gears in MG1 and 2. Guess that's why Kojima will be getting remaking them.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

The Metal Gears in 1 and 2 look smaller and more mobile, plus they could probably launch a nuke without the time Paz needed to prepare for it. Plus, the one in MG1 had better armor since you could only damage its feet.

Dawg

In my opinion, remaking both Metal Gear games (possibly into one big remake) should be the last thing Kojima does.

Then he can finally close off the series and give it to someone else. That way, we will always have a complete Kojima collection.

Unless Metal Gear is already remade into MGS V but you play it from the viewpoint of Big Boss
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The fact that Kojima said at TGS that he's not even sure if Ocelot will be a buddy in the game or not makes me worried about the release of this fucking game.

I mean wtf, just a few months ago he wasn't even sure if something that big is in the game or not? .....geez.

kojimaaaaaa.gif

Dawg

The fact that Kojima said at TGS that he's not even sure if Ocelot will be a buddy in the game or not makes me worried about the release of this fucking game.

I mean wtf, just a few months ago he wasn't even sure if something that big is in the game or not? .....geez.

kojimaaaaaa.gif

Kojima confirmed 2015 though. He would never confirm something like that if it wasn't true. He said himself he wouldn't give people false hope. He doesn't want to delay the game.

It's coming this year!

Skullface

kojimaaaaaa.gif

There's a genuinely good explanation though. If a buddy dies, they're permadeathed. That can't work with someone as important to the over all story as Ocelot. I'm pretty sure he had already decided he wouldn't be a buddy, but saw that there was a demand and was reconsidering. He's probably afraid that Ocelot would have to be OP and that it might throw balance off. Or he's trolling us.

JayEH

kojimaaaaaa.gif

Season pass exclusive my friend.

Sn4ke_911

Kojima confirmed 2015 though. He would never confirm something like that if it wasn't true. He said himself he wouldn't give people false hope. He doesn't want to delay the game.

It's coming this year!

Yeah sure it's 100% a 2015 release but we only just started 2015 :3

Timeaisis

That just reminded me, isn't Ocelot still a patriot at this point? Or has he left? The world may never know.

Who knows, Kojima can retcon it again at this point anyway.

I *think* in current canon, he has already joined forces with Zero by this time (early '80s). I mean, he made a cameo at the end of Portable Ops, presumably working for the Patriots?

However, since he wasn't in GZ, who knows what he was doing at that time, and who knows how he comes to ally with BB again in the '80s post-coma.

I do recall reading somewhere that Ocelot was only interested in joining the Patriots if BB was to be involved, which is kind of conflicting.

Maybe BB is actually allied with the Patriots at the time of TPP? It sounds crazy, but we don't know a lot about the post-coma setting. Or perhaps, Ocelot is on a mission with Snake at the behest of Zero to try to convince him to come to the Patriots. Not sure why Snake would be trying to fight Zero at the same time, but weirder things have happened. It's the Patriots, after all.

Dawg

Yeah sure it's 100% a 2015 release but we only just started 2015 :3

The most important part is that every day, the amount of days we have to wait gets smaller. At least you have a set maximum of days now. December 31 being the last day. Even if we all know it would never release that late, but yeah.

Sn4ke_911

The most important part is that every day, the amount of days we have to wait gets smaller. At least you have a set maximum of days now. December 31 being the last day. Even if we all know it would never release that late, but yeah.

That really doesn't help. If only they could just be a little bit more specific about the release window, if Q1, Q2 or Q3. That alone would make things easier.

Dawg

That really doesn't help. If only they could just be a little bit more specific about the release window, if Q1, Q2 or Q3.

Well, there were those rumours about early 2015 but I'm not sure if Kojima will make it. Unless he's trolling us on twitter :/

Sn4ke_911

Well, there were those rumours about early 2015 but I'm not sure if Kojima will make it. Unless he's trolling us on twitter :/

Well yeah but to be fair they never said TPP will release "early 2015". It said "DLC" ...so it could be the MGO beta. Who knows... :/

JayEH

A beta isn't really DLC. Konami has said for a while it would be early 2015 but Kojima has never said that himself.

I wonder what the Mother Base items for GZ will be though.

Sn4ke_911

A beta isn't really DLC. Konami has said for a while it would be early 2015 but Kojima has never said that himself.

I wonder what the Mother Base items for GZ will be though.

DLC stands for Downloadable content. I don't understand why a beta can't be DLC.

Where did Konami come out and say Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will release early 2015?

After finishing PW on saturday evening and moving towards the 'true' end on sunday. I finally got round to starting Ground Zeroes. And my god is it gorgeous. What a stunning game (Xbox One version). I done the standard
rescue Chico and Paz
. That story, Big Boss must be pissed. My hype for MGSV has grown tenfold. Will gradually play through the side missions while exploring the area during this week.

I'll also be finishing off those extra ops in PW. The date with Paz was fun!

Meow, meow, meow.

Meow? meow, meow, meow...?

Welcome aboard the MSF HYPE CHOPPER!

Ground Zeroes is so much more effective for those who have played Peace Walker -- people talked about how "rushed" it was, and I always thought that sentiment was horse-freaking-hockey. As someone who has put about 2000 hours into PW, I cried when my S Rank bros were taking that L. ;-; (I always thought of GZ as more of an epilogue to PW than a prologue to TPP since TPP is telling a new story, but maybe my perception will change once the main game is out!)

Date with Kaz is the only date one should go on, mate!! ;-)

Dawg

I'm kinda worried about the internet once TPP releases. We're almost positively sure that it will include a massive surprise... so I don't want to be spoiled.

I'm really considering barely checking NeoGAF etc and just browsing some twitter the first few days. But yeah, I could get spoiled there too :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom