• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is anyone else hoping for a snowy area in TPP? Seeing snow/ice rendered in the Fox Engine would be glorious. Maybe a mountainous region in Russia? Or maybe the game will stay around the Middle East... I dunno.

It's amazing how little we actually know about the game.

Oh yeah and i do believe we will see a snowy area.

Kojima Productions discusses music and sound of Metal Gear Solid V

They also show how to reproduce snow sounds.

Akihiro-Teruta-Foley-Footsteps-Snow.jpg

Dawg

Is anyone else hoping for a snowy area in TPP? Seeing snow/ice rendered in the Fox Engine would be glorious. Maybe a mountainous region in Russia? Or maybe the game will stay around the Middle East... I dunno.

It's amazing how little we actually know about the game.

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for a snowy zone. I think it's possible.

I like the concept of just travelling to different parts of the world to do missions. The TGS mission gave me that feeling, kinda. Just dropping off there with your buddy, do your shit and leave again.

Pinewood

Really? Is the easiest one :l
Both on Normal and Hard. Just use the tranquillizer gun and blast every enemy you see, destroy the tank, shoot the soldier on helicopter and that's it, S rank. You can even reload a checkpoint and the game still gives you a S rank, at least on Normal.

Hmm, had trouble with the jeeps on my first try so said fuck it and whipped out the assault rifle at that point. Also the APC managed to kill Kojima multiple times, although I carried him to the other side of the building...

I will start S ranking other missions after I go through Deja Vu and Jamais Vu.

Dawg

Every time I visit the Community tab and the Metal Gear thread is greyed out, a single tear falls from my eye ;'(

Skullface

Metal_Gear_history.jpg

What happens to these guys on the left? Will they be retconned?

apart from the radar dish thing being a sphere in that image, it's pretty damn close to Rex.

Zeke makes sense. I forgot about Zeke for some reason.

It's very likely that Zeke will have a big role in the plot to PP. Huey hid Zeke under the ocean for the "inspection". What happens to it next? Maybe this has something to do with Huey's interrogation.

Pinewood

Well, in Metal Gear Outer Heaven is supposed to be in Zanzibar, so maybe you build a base there too?

I hope they dont
blow another Mother Base to bits. My heart can't take it :(

JayEH

Well, in Metal Gear Outer Heaven is supposed to be in Zanzibar, so maybe you build a base there too?

I hope they dont

Zanzibar is Metal Gear 2. Outer heaven is in South Africa.

Skullface

I hope they dont

Anyone play Metal Gear 1 & 2 in a new light? I mean, you do realize your destroying 2 mother bases right?

Zanzibar-land is a fictional place meant to be near the Russia China border, not to be confused with the real Zanzibar off the east coast of Africa.

This confused the shit out of me as a kid. Playing MGS, I knew where the real Zanzibar was. For years, I thought they were the same place. Say, wasn't Mercury born in Zanzibar?

Pinewood

Anyone play Metal Gear 1 & 2 in a new light? I mean, you do realize your destroying 2 mother bases right?

This confused the shit out of me as a kid. Playing MGS, I knew where the real Zanzibar was. For years, I thought they were the same place. Say, wasn't Mercury born in Zanzibar?
He was.

But shouldn't Outer Heaven also be on land, not sea? (I haven't played MG1 and MG2)

Skullface

He was.

But shouldn't Outer Heaven also be on land, not sea? (I haven't played MG1 and MG2)

For this reason, I've got some bad news for you... Maybe you aught to have a seat...

Also, play those games bruh! Especially if you've ever enjoyed 8-bit games at any point in your life. They're easily the best 8-bit games ever made, especially MG2.

I'd recommend walk throughs. MG1 you don't really need one, just maps.

I was looking at the gamescom q&a yesterday and the translator said something like 'the meat starts falling off snake's face, revealing a skull' I don't think he was being literal but you never know.

JayEH

I was looking at the gamescom q&a yesterday and the translator said something like 'the meat starts falling off snake's face, revealing a skull' I don't think he was being literal but you never know.

Ken Mendoza isn't the best translator to be honest since English isn't his first language it seems. He tries but you can see that he struggles.

JayEH

I watched it live. That was really awkward. They should get a professional next time.

They have other producers at KojiPro that they've used as translators before and they're usually pretty good e.g. Sean Eyestone (and the guy who translated Kojima at GDC). Not sure why they keep using ken but I guess he was the only one available.

Pinewood

For this reason, I've got some bad news for you... Maybe you aught to have a seat...

Also, play those games bruh! Especially if you've ever enjoyed 8-bit games at any point in your life. They're easily the best 8-bit games ever made, especially MG2.

I'd recommend walk throughs. MG1 you don't really need one, just maps.

My gaming started with a "dont let the cat get to mouse cursor" and (pseudo)3d racing games, so I've never been that much into older games (its not that I like them, I just haven't had the proper hardware and dedication to get in there), but I do hope to play MG1&2 at some point this year.

Skullface

My gaming started with a "dont let the cat get to mouse cursor" and (pseudo)3d racing games, so I've never been that much into older games (its not that I like them, I just haven't had the proper hardware and dedication to get in there), but I do hope to play MG1&2 at some point this year.

Well if and when you get to the original Metal Gear, make sure you know where your tv's mute button is. The one thing wrong with that game is that it has the same 2-3 songs play over and over again and they don't sound that great. Metal Gear 2 actually has a stellar soundtrack

Rajang

They have other producers at KojiPro that they've used as translators before and they're usually pretty good e.g. Sean Eyestone (and the guy who translated Kojima at GDC). Not sure why they keep using ken but I guess he was the only one available.

I really prefer Sean. Not hating on Ken but he even struggles with English and it makes all the interviews sound so awkward.

I don't think the first Metal Gear is that good to be honest. Metal Gear 2 is pretty great although MGS1 is basically a remake of it.

I completely agree.

Metal Gear 2 is still a fun game. The first Metal Gear is mediocre at best.

Timeaisis

This one picture evokes more questions than anything else I've seen thus far.

Honestly, this kind of leads me to believe that BB and Skullface join fores midway through the game. I mean, BB does come to own multiple Metal Gears at some point.

This scene would be the part when Skullface tempts BB to come to the dark side.

Honestly, this kind of leads me to believe that BB and Skullface join fores midway through the game. I mean, BB does come to own multiple Metal Gears at some point.

I think they join up as well (at least temporarily). They have a common enemy with zero.

Skullface

Well consider this; when ever Big Boss and Miller talk about revenge, it's always directed at Cipher. They don't seem to know Skullface was behind it. Sure, you might point out that he's in league with Cipher, but he seems to have acted alone during the events of GZ. My main point is that Big Boss may not be aware of Skullface's roll in the killing of his comrades by the time they meet. This is sure to produce an interesting story dynamic.

I think they join up as well (at least temporarily). They have a common enemy with zero.

This makes sense and all, but if the Diamond Dogs knew of Skullface's roll in the events if GZ, wouldn't they make him a priority on their "people to deal" list? There got to be more to it. I'd be shocked if Big Boss joins forces with Skullface knowing he was the one who destroyed mother base. In a good way.

Well consider this; when ever Big Boss and Miller talk about revenge, it's always directed at Cipher. They don't seem to know Skullface was behind it. Sure, you might point out that he's in league with Cipher, but he seems to have acted alone during the events of GZ. My main point is that Big Boss may not be aware of Skullface's roll in the killing of his comrades by the time they meet. This is sure to produce an interesting story dynamic.

We don't really know that skullface initiated the attack against the boss.

JayEH

So weird that Zeke looks so more advanced than the Metal Gears in MG1 and 2. Guess that's why Kojima will be getting remaking them.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom