• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
maybe there will be a training montage with solid snake running up a snowy mountain while carrying a cardboard box on his back.

JayEH

COME AT ME BRO. #GreyFox

kdnidRZ.jpg

Nah "This is Big Boss Operation Intrude N313 infiltrate the enemy's base Outer Heaven and destroy the Ultimate weapon,Metal Gear!"

This is greedy of me to say, but at this stage I actually think I'd be underwhelmed if that famous line played after the end credits and nothing else. I mean it makes total sense, but even if they did it back as early as PW it's just so obvious... after all the hype and all this time we've spent with Big Boss just to get to this stage i'd want to see them render an actual cutscene or even gameplay sequence of Solid Snake in the Fox Engine during Operation Intrude or earlier than that.

I mean a voiceover of Kiefer saying the famous line from MG1 at the end credits makes total sense, you don't even need to bring in Hayter or another actor for Solid Snake to do that... but it's too much of a tease. You can't just end on that and then make me wait another 6 years just for Kojima to confirm whether he'll actually develop a remake or not, I need more lol. I'd want to SEE Solid Snake after all this hype and speculation online about that kind of ending.

Pinewood

maybe there will be a training montage with solid snake running up a snowy mountain while carrying Kaz in a cardboard box on his back.

Double-fixed

You guys were right, S-ranking the Kojima mission was easy. So was Jamais Vu (I saw the speedrun yesterday, maybe thats why...)

However, I spent like 40 min on trying to exctract Glaz and Paliz because I dropped one off at the landing zone, went after the other, had to checkpoint and the first fucker was gone. This happened with both of them, mind you. So I went after Glaz, then Paliz, Then Glaz again(this time extracted him right away) and then Paliz. Can I get a S-rank if I snipe these fuckers and get out?

Well a few times this year Kojima has said he wished he never made Snake a clone of Big Boss. And I'm wondering, what if he isn't? Would that be possible?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well a few times this year Kojima has said he wished he never made Snake a clone of Big Boss. And I'm wondering, what if he isn't? Would that be possible?

Not going to happen, Kaz and Cipher already know about the two sons.

And yeah Kojima never thought that MGS will be such a huge success. You can tell he wanted to bring Liquid back soo bad lol.

JayEH

Not going to happen, Kaz and Cipher already know about the two sons.

And yeah Kojima never thought that MGS will be such a huge success. You can tell he wanted to bring Liquid back soo bad lol.

Too bad that Liquid "coming back" in 2 and 4 was some huge ruse by Ocelot. Fuck Hayter, what team is it for Cam Clarke to make an appearance as an older Eli?

Only that it was abandoned.

Because they created 3 clones already.

Edit: not sure if solidus was part of L'Enfants Terribles.

Double edit: from wiki:

Sometime after Solidus' creation, the project was abandoned in 1976. Later in 2005, Jim Houseman remarked that the creation of Solid and Liquid Snake was an embarrassment of the 1970s and that they were the country's dirty little secret.

Pinewood

What if MGS 5 has two endings like MGS, 1 leading to the events of MG 1 and another going somewhere else. And Kojima just happens to make a sequel for the alternate timeline ending
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Another good one would be after-credits show "30 years later", replaying the MGS4 ending redone in Fox Engine. After Solid leaves the cemetery, the camera pans to Big Bosses face. He then opens his eye and goes "Kept you waiting, huh?" cue Sins of the Father and a black screen saying Hideo Kojima.

What if MGS 5 has two endings like MGS, 1 leading to the events of MG 1 and another going somewhere else. And Kojima just happens to make a sequel for the alternate timeline ending
leuhkikcskn4.gif

He ruled that out, seems to want to keep it open as possible for the player but all ending the same way.

Sn4ke_911

I still wonder who the heck the third guy is when Kaz says in the hospital "What about him?" then you think he is talking about the medic but then the camera zooms back and it's actually the camera guy with the medic nowhere to be found.

Kojima said it's him watching over Kaz and Snake but there gotta be more to it. What if Kojima is actually the main character in this game and Big Boss is just a side op?
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Also where the heck is his horn? or maybe it's there but it's not really visible yet, only after the 9 years or something.

SfFtD9b.jpg

leuhkikcskn4.gif

something like this would fall in line with kojima's statements about doing things that can only be done in video games

Sn4ke_911

There is no horn just like there's no scars and maybe no missing arm. Something weird is going on.

Also look at this scene, with the blood on his face. It's blood from someone else, so i think after that explosion something else happens that puts him in a coma. Same blood splatter on his face as the hospital scene.

Is it
Paz
blood? but then again even if that scene continues how the heck does the heli not crash? it seems really unavoidable to me.

metal_gear_solid_v_itt_a_12_perces_video_angolul_1.jpg

Also look at this scene, with the blood on his face. It's blood from someone else, so i think after that explosion something else happens that puts him in a coma. Same blood splatter as the hospital scene on his face.

i still think this scene was just cut or altered during GZ development. not buying the theories that something else happens between GZ and the coma.

JayEH

leuhkikcskn4.gif

Another good one would be after-credits show "30 years later", replaying the MGS4 ending redone in Fox Engine. After Solid leaves the cemetery, the camera pans to Big Bosses face. He then opens his eye and goes "Kept you waiting, huh?" cue Sins of the Father and a black screen saying Hideo Kojima.

Holy crap you're onto something.

i still think this scene was just cut or altered during GZ development. not buying the theories that something else happens between GZ and the coma.

I'm #teamsomethingelsehappens. There's a line at the end of GZ about some choppers leaving the crash site.

Also look at this scene, with the blood on his face. It's blood from someone else, so i think after that explosion something else happens that puts him in a coma. Same blood splatter on his face as the hospital scene.

Is it
Paz
blood? but then again even if that scene continues how the heck does the heli not crash? it seems really unavoidable to me.

If you've seen the texture comparisons it just looks like it's blood spread from the wounds on his face. But like Grey Ocelot said I don't think it will be seen in the game, except for seeing him chilling with a cigar looking like that which I don't think was cannon either.

Chinner

Banned

Is it
Paz

i dunno, the scene in GZ seems to show that they're burn marks. you can see the explosion change the composition of his skin.

you can see it here: http://youtu.be/r3ynPiK_ev4?t=7m49s

Holy crap you're onto something.

I'm #teamsomethingelsehappens. There's a line at the end of GZ about some choppers leaving the crash site.

i assumed this line was referring to the rescue choppers, ie. there's no official record of survivors, but the chopper are whomever picked up BB/kaz/etc

Dawg

Do people in coma wear bandages? I was just thinking about this. Why would Big Boss still wear bandages after nine years? You'd think his injuries from the helicopter crash (?) would pretty much have disappeared in that time.

Unless they were actively experimenting on him? Messing with his head/brains like the poster in the other thread said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom