• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an interesting theory from the other thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147108398&postcount=314

this is interesting. i think he won't ever become a out-and-out "bad guy" though. since his primary goal is to take down the patriots in the grand scheme of things. whatever the original intentions of kojima in MG1, i think BB will be more like ed harris in the rock. a villain, no doubt, but one that can be empathized with

Do people in coma wear bandages? I was just thinking about this. Why would Big Boss still wear bandages after nine years? You'd think his injuries from the helicopter crash (?) would pretty much have disappeared in that time.

Unless they were actively experimenting on him? Messing with his head/brains like the poster in the other thread said?

yeah, good point

I'm #teamsomethingelsehappens. There's a line at the end of GZ about some choppers leaving the crash site.

This. I doubt they would cut something like that from the entirety of Metal Gear Solid V. Besides, they've shown the scene in trailers as recent as the Steam Ground Zeroes trailer. I think it was withheld from Ground Zeroes to serve as misdirection heading into The Phantom Pain.

JayEH

Holy shit this is good.

TPP is most likely months away, but can we all agree that when it does come out, we shall use spoiler tags within spoiler tags so we wouldn't hinder others enjoyment?

Yeah we'll keep this thread spoiler free. There will be a spoiler thread when TPP comes out to calm Sn4ke down when Hayter isn't in the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah we'll keep this thread spoiler free. There will be a spoiler thread when TPP comes out to calm Sn4ke down when Hayter isn't in the game.

colbert-laughomkoc.gif

This. I doubt they would cut something like that from the entirety of Metal Gear Solid V. Besides, they've shown the scene in trailers as recent as the Steam Ground Zeroes trailer. I think it was withheld from Ground Zeroes to serve as misdirection heading into The Phantom Pain.

it being in the steam trailer lends credence to your idea, but moments being in MGS trailers that don't appear in the game or appear altered is pretty common.

Sn4ke_911

They better not cut the waterboarding scene from the E3 2013 trailer.

DrKelpo

Banned
i'm looking for a sticker to put on that glowing apple on my macbook. the sticker i got right now is great but doesn't cover it right and the light shines through it.

long story short, i need some mgs related to put on there. preferably something that "uses" the apple.

can you dogs help?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats! It's the one mgs platinum I don't have. How difficult is it? Are there a lot of coop or multiplayer trophies?

its pretty hard seeing as you need to S rank all missions, and there's a really grind-y online trophy that took me about 6 hours of doing nothing but killing myself online.

Rajang

I'm #teamsomethingelsehappens.

Me too.

I also think that Chico is going to die. It don't think a character who rats out Big Boss & friends twice will get old in MGS universe.

finally got the peace walker platinum
what a journey that was

Congrats man.

Happy I could help with a couple of missions.

Anyone else still interested in some PW Coop? Just let me know.

its pretty hard seeing as you need to S rank all missions, and there's a really grind-y online trophy that took me about 6 hours of doing nothing but killing myself online.

Wow, congrats! Sounds like a nightmare, but I have never earned a platinum on any game.

As I check this though, I am only 1 trophy away on GZ. I just can never push myself to it, but may try this one.

Popped in PW last night though and got into a surprisingly full Versus match and had a blast for a few games.

Skullface

Me too.

I also think that Chico is going to die. It don't think a character who rats out Big Boss & friends twice will get old in MGS universe.

Congrats man.

Happy I could help with a couple of missions.

Anyone else still interested in some PW Coop? Just let me know.

I think that Chico dies along with the rest of the Sandinistas.

Vally

What does he/she mean by "scientists have perfect knowledge of the human genome in the 70's"? Scientists didn't successfully map the human genome until 2003.

Yep I don't know where he got that from, they explicitly say in MGS2 that the mapping of the human genome was completed 'early this century'. But apart from that detail I agree with that theory.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I had never played a MGS game before, but bought MGS4 back when it first came out and it was one of my all time favorite games. I've never been interested much in any of the others though. Since MGS5 doesn't have Solid Snake, Drebin, Otacon, Raiden, etc... I'm on the fence about it but leaning towards skipping it. Basically, if I liked 4 but had no interest in the other games, do you think I would like 5?

JayEH

I had never played a MGS game before, but bought MGS4 back when it first came out and it was one of my all time favorite games. I've never been interested much in any of the others though. Since MGS5 doesn't have Solid Snake, Drebin, Otacon, Raiden, etc... I'm on the fence about it but leaning towards skipping it. Basically, if I liked 4 but had no interest in the other games, do you think I would like 5?

Hi there. 5 would make no sense since you haven't played 3, Peace Walker, or Ground Zeroes. or any of the other games for that matter but especially the three I listed. The gameplay though is amazing and you can enjoy it for that but you wouldn't get the significance of the events occurring throughout. And Metal Gear Online will be an amazing MP experience so there's that too.

Is there any reason why you don't want to play the other games in the (greatest) series (of all time)?

First off play mgs1,2,3 and maybe peace walker if you can.
In order to fully appreciate mgs4 and what made it so good you have to go back to the beginning.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is there any reason why you don't want to play the other games in the (greatest) series (of all time)?

Hard to describe, but the others just haven't interested me. I bought 4 going in blind and the characters & story were all intriguing to me. I just don't feel like going back and playing older-generation games at the moment. Plus, it's not going to have the same main character (old snake). Hmm.. maybe I will skip.

JayEH

Hard to describe, but the others just haven't interested me. I bought 4 going in blind and the characters & story were all intriguing to me. I just don't feel like going back and playing older-generation games at the moment. Plus, it's not going to have the same main character (old snake). Hmm.. maybe I will skip.

Solid Snake is in 1 and 2 and you'll apprectiate the story of 4 more if you've played the first 3 games.

the official word on the game is that the plot is designed to a accomodate people who haven't played the previous games, so don't worry about that.

Sn4ke_911

If you enjoyed MGS4 i highly recommend playing the other games too. Quite a few people consider MGS4 to be the worst game in the series yet.

Skullface

I'm just starting MGS2, just beat Olga in fact. I think it's rad as fuck that she starts to slow down as you shoot her up with sedatives. That's a detail we've yet to see return.

JayEH

I'm just starting MGS2, just beat Olga in fact. I think it's rad as fuck that she starts to slow down as you shoot her up with sedatives. That's a detail we've yet to see return.

Sometimes when I play MGS3 my game slows down for some reason and I look like Olga slow running. So detail kept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom