• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

While I doubt we'd play as him (at least in single player) I'm guessing the game will explore Liquid's relationship with Big Boss, which is pretty interesting to me.

Yeah, that would be cool to see. Big Boss interacting with a young Liquid also further ties the Big Boss games to the Solid Snake games. And even though he's young, I hope we get to see Liquid fighting. Doesn't look like TPP is going to shy away from showing child soldiers anyway.

Eli also has the hair to pull off an expensive pair of shades.

Eli is Miller with reverse aging.

Giorgio-Tsoukalos-thumbnail.jpg

mind blown

Yeah, that would be cool to see. Big Boss interacting with a young Liquid also further ties the Big Boss games to the Solid Snake games. And even though he's young, I hope we get to see Liquid fighting. Doesn't look like TPP is going to shy away from showing child soldiers anyway.

Yeah that would certainly be cool to see.

I really wonder how far Kojima will take the whole child soldiers thing, like if there will be a base partially guarded by child soldiers and it's left up to you to decide if you want to sneak by them, 'rescue, them via Fulton, or kill them. Kojima would probably get a ton of flak for it, but I think it would be a pretty ballsy move that could raise a lot of interesting questions abut issues of representation and interactivity, as long as it was handled with care.

What do you think the tipping point is going to be for Kaz in TPP? Back in the old Metal Gears (can't remember if its 1 or 2) he refers to Big Boss as a monster and essentially starts encouraging Snake to kill him. Not subdue, just flat out kill. So what the hell is Big Boss going to do that leads someone as hellbent on revenge as Miller hold such a negative view of him later on?

What do you think the tipping point is going to be for Kaz in TPP? Back in the old Metal Gears (can't remember if its 1 or 2) he refers to Big Boss as a monster and essentially starts encouraging Snake to kill him. Not subdue, just flat out kill. So what the hell is Big Boss going to do that leads someone as hellbent on revenge as Miller hold such a negative view of him later on?

Smash his sunglasses

JayEH

Maybe it has something to do with the child soldiers? I hope Kojima doesn't retcon Miller hating Big Boss in the end.

Smash his sunglasses

Probably this though. He's only got the one pair.

malfcn

By the way I remembered the GAF thread about upset Colombians.

Snake Eater: Colombia
Ground Zeroes: Columbia

How did they make that mistake?

--

I don't remember Miller's name other than Master in the "present" series. So when I fired up Peace Walker and saw Kaz Miller, I immediately was wondering what was going on. Then the cement was laid after the credits when it said Miller was found dead in 2005 (MGS2). Since then I've been interested in his character. Big Boss and Kaz were enemies that met on the battlefield, became partners and eventually enemies again. To me it has felt like Big Boss has been getting played by Kaz in a lot of ways. Heck, Big Boss seems to get played by everyone in the series. So TPP must show what happens to turn him against Big Boss?

Warablo

I am on the final final boss fight in Metal Gear Solid, and I gotta say this fight is bullshit. Almost as bullshit as surviving the
torture segment
. I think I could do it if I was playing on easy.

My first time playing a Metal Gear game myself. No way I would have ever finished this game pre-internet. Anyway if I don't end up beating the final boss
fisty cuffs Liquid Snake
. I will just end up moving onto Metal Gear Solid 2.

I am on the final final boss fight in Metal Gear Solid, and I gotta say this fight is bullshit. Almost as bullshit as surviving the
torture segment
. I think I could do it if I was playing on easy.

My first time playing a Metal Gear game myself. No way I would have ever finished this game pre-internet. Anyway if I don't end up beating the final boss
fisty cuffs Liquid Snake
. I will just end up moving onto Metal Gear Solid 2.

no need to do spoiler tags in this thread :D the fistycuffs isnt even the last part!

I thought that there is no one out there who still thinks that Hayter is in the game.

Guys, that rumour was pretty much debunked when it turned out that the Japanese voice actor for Big Boss stayed the same as it was in Peace Walker. I think we all will just have to deal with it - Hayter is out. And he is out because he couldn't relax his face while doing that voice. It made performance capture impossible.

psychotron

Vita owners, I have a question for you. So I decided to rectify my "never finished MGS 2" mistake and started playing it last night on Vita. I noticed right away when the game loaded up that black levels seemed really bright and washed out, which was fine until I noticed a strange darker than usual spot right in the middle of the codec screen. I've seen the mura issues when there was no light on in the room, but never with lights on. I can see this clear as day. I took to youtube to see if I noticed it on others while they were playing MGS 2 and came across this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYgq0JxJ3s

Mine is just a spot the size of a pencil eraser, but this guy has straight up sword cuts, lol. Any of you notice this on yours? I was bummed at first because I don't see this at all playing P4G or anything else really.

Here's two screenshots from the video that show what I mean....

BR7AkO8.jpg

1aQ4hTs.jpg

JayEH

why Ebay? You could have done what I did and buy it off www.play-asia.com

All BS aside, you bought it for the boxart didn't you?

Some guy was selling it sealed with free shipping.

And yeah that boxart is pretty sweet but I really just wanted a physical copy and stumbled on to this. Thought it would be cool to have a Japanese copy of a game.

NateDog

I thought that there is no one out there who still thinks that Hayter is in the game.

Guys, that rumour was pretty much debunked when it turned out that the Japanese voice actor for Big Boss stayed the same as it was in Peace Walker. I think we all will just have to deal with it - Hayter is out. And he is out because he couldn't relax his face while doing that voice. It made performance capture impossible.

Some still think he might appear as Solid at the end or something. Or some are just still a bit delusional and still think he's going to be Big Boss. The first is possible but considering how whiny he's been about it I really don't think it's just a joke that Kojima is hiding from people.

malfcn

By the way:
Why did the "DLC" have to be a part of the art and not a sticker? Flipped that cover over for the superior side.
And what code or how do we redeem it..is it the Konami club code?

Kind of pissed too.
Doing a run where I am making as many as I can lay down.
Interrogate the dude, and almost mid sentence he goes full alert. w.t.f.

After about 10 dudes one sees me with his back turned through a wall.
C'mon. How am I supposed to be all stealthy if the mechanics are broken.

Icefire1424

He's hidden in a level now, so unless you really want to scour every last mission to find him, here's where he is, spoilered just in case you don't want to know.

Extra Ops 1, take the stairs and you'll find him.

So after two years of not playing, I finally went back and did this. Having not played for that long, I don't know if I'm prepared for what came next. Eep.

Has there been any rumbling about MGO being shown at E3?
probably not till TGS I guess.

Sigh, I'm really jonesing for some MGO too. Sad thing is I was never really good at it either.

Icefire1424

Yup, though I was great with Snake in MGO1 SNE.
Don't think I ever lost as Snake.

Never got to play as Snake. :(

Problem was I never got to play consistantly, so never got really comfortable with the "feel" of it. I was decent in that I could hold my own fairly well, but a good chunk of the player base was so crazy good that it made it very frustrating to play. Got dropped by the single headshot more than a few times.

Oh yea, also wasn't a huge fan of the hit "delay", or whatever it was called, where the first shot hit, but subsequent hits for a short period didn't really "count".

Still, when paired with a decent team that supported each other well and didn't just run off to do their own thing, the game was awesome. Wished I was part of a larger community at the time, would have made it significantly better. Something to look into with the GAF crew when the next iteration of MGO comes out maybe?

I am one of those who thought the Quiet is Chico "theory" was stupid and nonsense but when YongYea puts all the evidence together you can't but start suspecting something fishy going on:

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DtyqOX2L8

1 of 2 things is happening right now.

. Everyone at KP is laughing their asses off at fans being more ridiculous than Kojima himself.
. Kojima is pissed that his true form of craziness has been revealed this far out.

JayEH

By the way:
Why did the "DLC" have to be a part of the art and not a sticker? Flipped that cover over for the superior side.
And what code or how do we redeem it..is it the Konami club code?

Yeah it's the konami core code.

SJRB

Gold Member
Stopped watching after a minute. "Facial similarities, such as hair and eye color. Also, similarities between concept art", shows artwork that looks nothing alike.

This is the dumbest shit ever to grace the already illustrious MGS fan theory hall of shame.

Stopped watching after a minute. "Facial similarities, such as hair and eye color. Also, similarities between concept art", shows artwork that looks nothing alike.

This is the dumbest shit ever to grace the already illustrious MGS fan theory hall of shame.
It's going to be so glorious once it turns out to be true.

(spoiling for my own safety)

I haven't watched the video, but the comparison between faces holds up if you ignore what he looks like in Peace Walker and recognize that characters look different going from PW to GZ (due to piecing from actors and whatnot, they got three child actors to make Chico's face).

Plus the story implications are very strong, as is the potential trolling on Kojima's part.

uberluigi

Banned
My guess, Ishmael is actually Chico recovering from facial reconstruction surgery and getting a sex change, probably why he didn't reveal his real name to Big Boss.

I am one of those who thought the Quiet is Chico "theory" was stupid and nonsense but when YongYea puts all the evidence together you can't but start suspecting something fishy going on:

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DtyqOX2L8

Yeah, that's honestly pretty compelling...

I still hope it isn't true though just because I'm not sure Kojima could handle it tactfully...but if it is true and he writes it well, then it could be very groundbreaking stuff for a video game. Those are really big ifs though

I wonder for how long will they continue making those. Seems they're running out of material. :p

Every two weeks -- then it picks up a bit after E3, for a while at least! The Japanese Kojima Station schedule is already out, and it looks like there will be a few shows within a week of E3.

Batzi

Banned
They brought up the "Quiet is Chico" theory and said they wouldn't spoil anything on the show. But from the looks of it, it's fake and it wouldn't make sense for the team to give more attention to something that ends up real. The fact they brought up the subject tells you it's an instant fake.

JayEH

They brought up the "Quiet is Chico" theory and said they wouldn't spoil anything on the show. But from the looks of it, it's fake and it wouldn't make sense for the team to give more attention to something that ends up real. The fact they brought up the subject tells you it's an instant fake.

Yeah, it was fun while it lasted though.

You know Kojima had to be cracking up when he heard that.

I hadn't seen the 3rd one yet, thanks!

Sins of the father just gets better and better evey time I listen to it; it's a classic MGS track without a doubt.
Couldn't agree more. Can't wait to hear the full version.

the music at the beginning is not Sins of the Father. It's a different song. The second part of the song from the Red Band trailer is Sins of the Father.
Yep, i remember Donna Burke saying that in a interview. Curious if that has a longer version too.

Batzi

Banned
I hadn't seen the 3rd one yet, thanks!

Sins of the father just gets better and better evey time I listen to it; it's a classic MGS track without a doubt.

the music at the beginning is not Sins of the Father. It's a different song. The second part of the song from the Red Band trailer is Sins of the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom