• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

Thanks for the help guys!

I do plan on playing the original MG games sometime because I have the Legacy Collection which includes them (I could only find it for a good price used though, which is why I don't have the MGS 1 key usually included). I heard that it may be easier to appreciate them if I play them after completing the 3D franchise though.

Yeah, I was born after '94. Hopefully I'll enjoy the game enough to look past its jankiness. Also, does anyone here know how well the game controls on the Vita?

Finally, sorry if I'm being an idiot, but how do I get the game on my Vita? It's not on the PS store on Vita (only MGS VR Missions is). Do I have to install it in some way on my PS3 first? I'm going out of town later today, so I think it'd be nice to have MGS on the go with me.

Just remember the basics of CQC. Punch is useless except to knock guards out of your way in a pinch. In order to use "neck snap" effectively, your feet need to be planted firmly on the ground. If you use that button while in motion, you'll toss your enemy. When they stand back up, the alarm goes off 9/10 times. The second they see you, the alarm goes off. There's no "knock him out before he grabs the radio". Also be sure to read the plot synopsis of MG1&2. Play them eventually when you get the chance. They're on the HD version of MGS3, and are also perfect portable games.

The game controls great on the vita. It allows you to switch between analog and d-pad.
It definitely holds up( Don't forget to mash square when standing behind a guard).
You have to transfer the game from ps3 as it is not available in the vita store.

Every thing about this post is accurate.

jakomocha

Who's the dickhead that said MGS GAF is unwelcoming? Have them read this entire page.
Yeah, you guys have all been great! Thank you!

The game is almost done transferring to Vita, I'm really excited.

Also (sorry for all the questions), I remember reading that there is some sniper rifle in this game which if not found early on, will require a lot of backtracking (maybe I just misread it and no matter what you have to backtrack to get it, can't remember too well tbh). If true, where should I look to get it?

JayEH

Also (sorry for all the questions), I remember reading that there is some sniper rifle in this game which if not found early on, will require a lot of backtracking (maybe I just misread it and no matter what you have to backtrack to get it, can't remember too well tbh). If true, where should I look to get it?

Backtracking to get the sniper is actually part of the story so that is unavoidable. And don't worry about asking too many questions :p

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Nah, the only option is to backtrack. At least Snake also complains about it when you call Otacon

jakomocha

Backtracking to get the sniper is actually part of the story so that is unavoidable. And don't worry about asking too many questions :p
I don't want to come off as annoying, I have a bad habit of asking far too many questions :p.

And speaking of questions...

anything in particular I should map to the right analog stick and touch screen? Does the game use L3 at all and is there any way to control the camera with the right analog stick? Already mapped the D-Pad to the left stick.

I'd just like to say that I'm very excited to start this franchise. I have heard so many good things about it, and it's so well revered on GAF, so I know I am in for something very special.

Game check continues.

B7gx2NoCMAAz2Wn.jpg:large

SOMEONE START CLEANING THIS UP.

JayEH

I don't want to come off as annoying, I have a bad habit of asking far too many questions :p.

And speaking of questions...

anything in particular I should map to the right analog stick and touch screen? Does the game use L3 at all and is there any way to control the camera with the right analog stick? Already mapped the D-Pad to the sticks.

The camera is fixed for MGS1 and 2. I think you can use touch screen to swap weapons and items? Not sure on that. I only played it briefly on Vita about a year ago so I don't remember a bunch of the control options.

SOMEONE START CLEANING THIS UP.

I googled the coffee place because I thought he might be in the US play testing but dumb me didn't think that maybe that company might have locations worldwide.

JayEH

Game checking/testing.. is that the same as QA testing?

If I'm understanding the terms you are using correctly, then yes. QA/game testing is used to find bugs, when you play test something it usually means you're just testing for "fun factor" and to make sure things flow together.

J.EM1

If I'm understanding the terms you are using correctly, then yes. QA/game testing is used to find bugs, when you play test something it usually means you're just testing for "fun factor" and to make sure things flow together.
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Gaming-GAF has introduced me to so many development terms.

Shy

Voice-actor, Chikao Otsuka, has passed away on the 15th of January due to heart failure. He was 85 years old. Father of Akio Otsuka.
that's sad news
R.I.P. my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

on a related note, he was also the voice of goemon in lupin III.

Pinewood

I hope Kojima includes trailer music in the iDroid and it's available from the get go.

That way, when I get to Afganistan, I can be STANDING.

Surely all these negative backlash to the MGS4/5 will have Kojima responding to shut down the negativity by revealing the release date amirite?

=3

Dawg

There are certain threads I stay the fuck out of.

They are;

LOST
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Metal Gear Solid 4
Man of Steel

Man of Steel salt is real on GAF. It's my favourite Superman movie. And LOST threads are awful too. One of the best shows ever. People just focus too much on the ending. It was about the characters and their journey.

SJRB

Gold Member
MoS threads on GAF are hilarious. Half the time it seems people are deliberately obtuse just to be able to shit on the movie.

Pinewood

Man of Steel salt is real on GAF. It's my favourite Superman movie. And LOST threads are awful too. One of the best shows ever. People just focus too much on the ending. It was about the characters and their journey.

GAF is salty about many things. Currently, Im salty about Nintendo taking top three in the GOTY vote.

I wish I had a WiiU :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom