• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batzi

Banned
Ok let's speculate what Kojima will show in 2 weeks.

We've heard the Taipei game show is pretty small but Kojima will hold a 1 hour presentation there.

So what will he show?

My guess is motherbase building. How will it work, what can you build, what colors and logos can you choose etc.

What say you MGS-GAF?

Not really sure. We're not sure if what he's editing is a story trailer or a short gameplay scene. It could be something as small as showing a new item (Chicken Cap) or another sneak peek from another gameplay demonstration that's coming at Destination Playstation or GDC. OR he's indeed editing a story trailer with a new song of course and we'll be getting that at a later date while he reveals new information at the Taipei show such as what to expect from boss fights or other locations. It can be anything really. We know we're getting something new. My guess is that we're getting a small demonstration of how the chicken cap works alongside other minor new information about the game. Expectations set to low after that damn Kojima Station.

Dawg you better accept a new trailer with new music in your heart because one thing is for damn sure, we'll get a brand new trailer before the game comes out and you know you will watch it and you will love it and it will be one of the best trailers of all time.

I want to listen to more of the music that was played during TGS and in the TPP teaser that played after GZ credits.

Chinner

Banned
MGSV-TPP-Prosthetic-Arm-Replica-3.jpg

enjoy your CE

i think i could settle for a robot arm for the CE edition.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not your kind of people - Garbage, from GZ

Don't know what song you mean from TGS.

The music you hear in the TGS presentations is mostly from the official soundtrack composed by Harry Gregson-Williams.

And i hope the new trailer features a track from the OST, enough with other song bullshit.

JayEH

I just want a cool artbook with the CE. I don't really care about statues all it does is raise up the price for something that is going to break or collect dust for me. Ideal situation is they have two CEs so I can just get the artbook.

SJRB

Gold Member
Let's just hope Konami doesn't bitch out again and only releases special and collectors editions in Japan like they did with Ground Zeroes.

Dawg

Let's just hope Konami doesn't bitch out again and only releases special and collectors editions in Japan like they did with Ground Zeroes.

I doubt it. We got all the CEs before. What IS possible is that Japan will get a superior CE. Wasn't their MGS4 CE superior too?

Pinewood

I just want a cool artbook with the CE. I don't really care about statues all it does is raise up the price for something that is going to break or collect dust for me. Ideal situation is they have two CEs so I can just get the artbook.

so 60€ base game

100€ steelbook+arbook+soundtrack+some trinket(DD shoulderpatch/eyepatch)

150€ all from before + statue

Something like this? The middle one would be the one for me.

Unless I can somehow score a MGS V PS4 bunduru for a good price.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

I'm sure they will release CE's for "the real MGSV" here too. MGS4 got collector's edition too in EU and NA.

JayEH

I doubt it. We got all the CEs before. What IS possible is that Japan will get a superior CE. Wasn't their MGS4 CE superior too?

Every single one of their CEs are superior to everything in the west. Actually they don't get CEs they get "Premium Editions".

so 60€ base game

100€ steelbook+arbook+soundtrack+some trinket(DD shoulderpatch/eyepatch)

150€ all from before + statue

Something like this? The middle one would be the one for me.

Unless I can somehow score a MGS V PS4 bunduru for a good price.

That sounds good.

Not your kind of people - Garbage, from GZ

Don't know what song you mean from TGS.

Garbage isn't from GZ. I'm talking about the TPP teaser that plays after GZ's credits - the remixed hospital stuff.

The music from that teaser also played during the beginning of a few TGS presentations.

JayEH

I'm going to spend too much money on this game. I think I'm getting the digital, CE, and Japanese PS4 versions and then I'll probably get it again on PS3 when I want to replay it :S

Pinewood

I'm going to spend too much money on this game. I think I'm getting the digital, CE, and Japanese PS4 versions and then I'll probably get it again on PS3 when I want to replay it :S

I am considering importing the JP CE and buying a regular version here.

Depends on the CEs.

I am willing to help a BROTHERR out and take those unnecessary discs of your hands
leuhkikcskn4.gif

We've heard the Taipei game show is pretty small but Kojima will hold a 1 hour presentation there.

So what will he show?

My guess is motherbase building. How will it work, what can you build, what colors and logos can you choose etc.

What say you MGS-GAF?

Either Mother Base customization, chopper customization - or both, more gameplay and a glimpse at the Chicken cap or conformation of co-op!

Hahaha! Dude, you've gotta play it. It's over-the-top, but still an awesome take on MGS! I love the game and never really bought into all the hate it got. Totally recommend it.
I sorta agree with that, besides some very specific parts of the game, like the Ocelot fight that gets absurdly easy because of the first person view, although some could argue that the original fight wasn't fun. The game looks awesome and some VA changes were for the better.

So what will he show?

What say you MGS-GAF?

Arctic mission with DD.

Believe.

JayEH

Hahaha! Dude, you've gotta play it. It's over-the-top, but still an awesome take on MGS! I love the game and never really bought into all the hate it got. Totally recommend it.

I've seen a lot of the cutscenes alresdy but I really want to play it but I don't feel like looking for my GameCube and I sold my wii. I'm really hoping Konami ports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom