• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see DD in action so bad :/

Imagine him helping you take down a heavy trooper like this:

scr_090127-A-9999F-001.JPG

518.png

Batzi

Banned
damnit batzi we all know konami monitors this thread, don't up the price you fool
Dude I love you guys and all but I want to secure this CE if it's limited to a number of people. At this stage, it's every man for himself.

Dude this is the smoothest most beautiful gif I have seen from any game. This game looks so beautiful! 60fps GIF?

And I'm sorry Sn4ke but you missed the best piece of music that was played during TGS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hes8wPvGh44&t=32m33s

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just give me MGS1 with Twin Snakes visuals in HD. That'd be cool.

I have decided to replay/play all the main titles in the series since I'm really excited for MGS5

I finished Metal Gear 1 MSX in about 45 minutes the other day using a guide. It was pretty good for what an early game it is.

Just finished Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake tonight. It feels like they were really trying for something bigger and unique but some of the sillier elements felt more out of place than even is normal for the series.

Stuff like the poisonous hamsters, hatching a random egg found in a random building into an owl so that you can trick the guards into thinking it's late and open a laser fence, the random pigeon on the roof that has a message, and the secret data hidden on an msx cart.

I guess though otacon did reference that they were playing on Playstation 4 and blu ray so that probably is just as bad as anything from Metal Gear 2.

The backtracking and key card system also was pretty annoying but the overall gameplay was really impressive for the time - the way that the soldiers can react to so many things and the variety of weapons and items you have.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened if konami had decided to re-make the game for Genesis or SNES with slightly upgraded visuals. It would probably have been a pretty well regarded classic in the US.

I wonder how much of the elements of Metal Gear 1 will be pointed towards in the phantom pain? In metal gear 2 it references Big Boss being a part of this cybernetics program and being part cyborg, which is what happens in TPP as well.

But then again MGS 1 pretty much threw the ending of MG2 out the window with the big boss as father thing anyway.

On to MGS1 again. Looking forward to it.

JayEH

Could one of you guys quickly fill me in about the #teams?

All you need to know about is #TeamGosling

I have decided to replay/play all the main titles in the series since I'm really excited for MGS5

I finished Metal Gear 1 MSX in about 45 minutes the other day using a guide. It was pretty good for what an early game it is.

Just finished Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake tonight. It feels like they were really trying for something bigger and unique but some of the sillier elements felt more out of place than even is normal for the series.

Stuff like the poisonous hamsters, hatching a random egg found in a random building into an owl so that you can trick the guards into thinking it's late and open a laser fence, the random pigeon on the roof that has a message, and the secret data hidden on an msx cart.

I guess though otacon did reference that they were playing on Playstation 4 and blu ray so that probably is just as bad as anything from Metal Gear 2.

The backtracking and key card system also was pretty annoying but the overall gameplay was really impressive for the time - the way that the soldiers can react to so many things and the variety of weapons and items you have.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened if konami had decided to re-make the game for Genesis or SNES with slightly upgraded visuals. It would probably have been a pretty well regarded classic in the US.

I wonder how much of the elements of Metal Gear 1 will be pointed towards in the phantom pain? In metal gear 2 it references Big Boss being a part of this cybernetics program and being part cyborg, which is what happens in TPP as well.

But then again MGS 1 pretty much threw the ending of MG2 out the window with the big boss as father thing anyway.

On to MGS1 again. Looking forward to it.

I really should play the first two games but I just want remakes on the Fox Engine. I imagine it'll be interesting for you to go to MGS1 after beating MG2 since I hear that MGS1 is basically a remake of MG2.

Shy

I can't wait to Fulton stuff from other people's bases. That's a really neat twist.
yep yep. can't wait to jack all y'alls shit. :D

EDIT: ohh. i know it's very early but, when the gaf MGO clan get founded i want in on the ground floor. please.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't wait to Fulton stuff from other people's bases. That's a really neat twist.

I'm still very confused about this whole concept. It sounds interesting but for now i can't help but see it as a huge clusterfuck because we don't know enough of this whole thing yet.

There are still so many questions left to answer, like can more people at the same time invade your base? can people steal your shit while you're out doing missions? and so on...

I mean think about it, every single player has his own base. That's fucking insane and i mean this in the most positive way. Kojima is a freakin genius if that really works smoothly, with no lags, with no major problems like stuff you fulton just vanishes from the players base etc. sure they probably tried it with a few people from the office but what happens when thousands of players join.... there is just so much that could go wrong. I have faith in Kojima Productions but i'm also very worried about the multiplayer part of TPP.

Holiday

Banned
I'm still very confused about this whole concept. It sounds interesting but for now i can't help but see it as a huge clusterfuck because we don't know enough of this whole thing yet.

There are still so many questions left to answer, like can more people at the same time invade your base? can people steal your shit while you're out doing missions? and so on...

I mean think about it, every single player has his own base. That's fucking insane and i mean this in the most positive way. Kojima is a freakin genius if that really works smoothly, with no lags, with no major problems like stuff you fulton just vanishes from the players base etc. sure they probably tried it with a few people from the office but what happens when thousands of players join.... there is just so much that could go wrong. I have faith in Kojima Productions but i'm also very worried about the multiplayer part of TPP.
I'm hoping that it follows Dark Souls at least loosely, where if you "invade" another player's base they are there to defend it. It would be strange if you only fought AI.

What I really want to know is if you can take other players' personnel.

JayEH

200 PAGES!!!!

Half way to OT2.

So what's up with the KonamiStyle site? https://www.konami.com/shop/

Seems to have been somewhat reworked, but most of the previous merch is gone. Incoming Metal Gear Collection?

I can dream, can't I?

They've had a disturbingly low amount of merchandise (especially Metal Gear related) over the past couple of years. I would really like to buy some official shirts so I hope they update it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom