• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
MGSV THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Nathan Drake is a mass murderer, but Big Boss is a mercenary commander.

or replace Big Boss is.... with something different.

mg1.gif

I think I see Snake's fist going through the back of the guy's head.

MGSV:TPP |OT| OP knows more about Peace Walker than people who have actually played it.
MGSV:TPP |OT| Snake Plissken and his cosplay buddies' Bizarre Adventure
MGSV:TPP |OT| Now available for Wii U!
MGSV:TPP |OT| Merry Christmas

GrayChild

Guys, I have a confession to make. I haven't completed a single MGS game outside Ground Zeroes (played a bit of MGS1 and MGS2 but never finished them), so I'm starting playing the complete series while waiting for TPP.

Wish me luck.

Dawg

Guys, I have a confession to make. I haven't completed a single MGS game outside Ground Zeroes (played a bit of MGS1 and MGS2 but never finished them), so I'm starting playing the complete series until waiting for TPP.

Wish me luck.

Good luck, buddy.

And enjoy.

Pinewood

I just now remembered about a game idea I had that was similar to TPP in Afganistan, albeit in first person and taking place in a different time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Sheep in my Base

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| The Fulton Pain

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Fall of a Hero

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| The Snake Shall Shed His Skin

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| A Twisted Legacy

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Farewell Sausage

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Sheep in my Base

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| The Fulton Pain

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Fall of a Hero

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| The Snake Shall Shed His Skin

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| A Twisted Legacy

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN |OT| Farewell Sausage

Simple, yet amazing.

Dawg

The motherbase stuff sounds so cool

142160051842117j98.jpg

• The development of Mother Base depends on what you construct, and what you want to focus on
  • You can walk around Mother Base
  • Training CQC with your soldiers on the base increases your skill, as well as theirs.
  • You can develop different prosthesis through R&D for Snake's arm.
  • You can develop different 'suits' at your base.
  • Your FOB's (Forward Operating Bases) can be attacked by other players, and you can choose where to place defensive cameras/soldiers in order to stop them
  • Depending on your choices during the story, and other variables on which factions and people you 'piss off' you can be attacked by them from time to time (NPC factions).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The motherbase stuff sounds so cool

142160051842117j98.jpg
It basically sounds like PW's Motherbase, but a hundred times better in every way. All the micromanagement will have a visual and tangible payoff outside of a little menu, which is awesome.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I like that the iDroid menu is 3-Dimensional and you can move it around by moving the controller. So cool.

Sn4ke_911

Customizing your own mother base, walking around in it, CQC'ing your soldiers...

;_;

Training your skills and theirs... maybe even learn new moves?

=OSadjk0iajs90dj0923ufv4239iv2093io4vg2093i5920ib5092o09i5290

SJRB

Gold Member
I just hope they add a "salute" option for Big Boss, I want to salute back when my soldiers all come running.

Sn4ke_911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom