• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was possible this should just be the title:
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Man, I so wish this was possible.

And I'm a lazy sack of shit, so do you really think I'd make something that big?

If you need graphics, text, or anything else, I would be more than happy to put something together!

The concept I have is a giant
leuhkikcskn4.gif
with the subtext "Didju rike it?" underneath it.

Nothing else.

After about 5 - 10 seconds, people will notice it was actually a gigantic transparent .gif and the true OT will be loaded.

This needs to happen!

NeoGiff

Ok, I've lurked around here long enough. I've been quietly following the hypeu all along but was a bit intimidated of all the superfans in here! Anyway, I had played GZ on PS3 back when it was released. But I finally got a PS4 over Christmas, and last night played it on PS4 for the first time. Oh man... it's absolutely beautiful. I thought my excitement for TPP couldn't increase any more, but it has.

This was my first run through the GZ mission. I took it pretty slowly because was just in awe of the visuals, and being familiar with the map actually helped in that regard since I knew what to look for. Looking forward to gong nuclear along with the rest of you over the next few months!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I've lurked around here long enough. I've been quietly following the hypeu all along but was a bit intimidated of all the superfans in here! Anyway, I had played GZ on PS3 back when it was released. But I finally got a PS4 over Christmas, and last night played it on PS4 for the first time. Oh man... it's absolutely beautiful. I thought my excitement for TPP couldn't increase any more, but it has.

This was my first run through the GZ mission. I took it pretty slowly because was just in awe of the visuals, and being familiar with the map actually helped in that regard since I knew what to look for. Looking forward to gong nuclear along with the rest of you over the next few months!

Welcome! Glad to have you.

Dawg

I'm not sure if it will happen though. As you can see, the final result has many artifacts around the images and text. It's lower quality too because it's a .gif

I think I can improve this by increasing the gif quality and stuff, but the size will become bigger too and I think the mods will kill me if I simply upload a 100MB .gif

Of course, I can fix this by using multiple .gifs. I just make all of them transparent and you won't see a difference. All of them then change into the OT at the exact same time.

It would be a pretty amazing troll because I can already see most people go "WTF? THIS IS THE OT?????"

That's damn good for your first run, a few extra rescued prisoners and you'd get an S
Edit: damn didn't see the bolded ;lol

JayEH

No need to be intimidated, we're not as smart as we seem :p
If you want to add us on PSN there's a link to a spreadsheet in the OP.

NeoGiff

Welcome! Glad to have you.

Thank you! I'm only realising now what I've stepped into, but it's too late - GAF, I'm already a demon.

That's damn good for your first run, a few extra rescued prisoners and you'd get an S
Edit: damn didn't see the bolded ;lol

Haha, well it has been like... 7 or 8 months since I played the PS3 version. I'll use that as my excuse.

No need to be intimidated, we're not as smart as we seem :p
If you want to add us on PSN there's a link to a spreadsheet in the OP.

Oh cool, I wasn't aware!

Dawg

I hope I didn't intimidate you. People usually think I'm an evil super villain dog, but the sad truth is that I'm actually the nicest guy around.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Wait a sec, i forgot how GZ handled the game difficulty. Extreme wasn't available from the start, right? So we will probably have to play the MGS V missions on normal first to unlock a higher difficulty?

That's crushing my plans ffs ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง was going for the extreme run + without reflex/ hand-holding so I can get a more intense experience and better recruits etc. right away.

Dawg

Åesop;148044179 said:
Wait a sec, i forgot how GZ handled the game difficulty. Extreme wasn't available from the start, right? So we will probably have to play the MGS V missions on normal first to unlock a higher difficulty?

That's crushing my plans ffs ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง was going for the extreme run + without reflex/ hand-holding so I can get a more intense experience and better recruits etc. right away.

There is no Extreme. Only Normal and Hard. And then you can adjust Reflex Mode and tagging for more diffculty.

Vally

I think the reason why GZ forced you to play on Normal first was just to extend play time as it is quite a short game; hopefully TPP won't be like that, I would also like to play on Hard from the start.

I'm also considering playing without markers or any other HUD elements, but that might be too much for a first playthrough

Rajang

Anyone who is on PS3 add me, I have added my PSN in the MGS GAF share file (or whatever it's called). My PSN name is too embarrassing to just post here. :>

Åesop;148049729 said:
this guy is fighting Sniper Wolf with Stinger and Nikita ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

One of the best scenes in the game. I remember crying the first time I saw the Sniper Wolf scene with the wolves howling in the background. :< I was like 11 or something.

And also, like Sniper Wolf I'm a Kurd. Very rare to have my people represented in a game.

I remember my dad being very surprised as well, he always thought of games as toys but that changed for him when he saw my playthrough of MGS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom