• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

What if Ishmael is also a psychic, Mantis' opponent?

or

Ishmael is an illusion made by Mantis, because reasons?

Who cares? Ishmael dies here.

leuhkikcskn4.gif

Can someone tell me if Otsuka's Big Boss sounds different in MGS3/PW than his Solid Snake in the other games?

The problem with comparisons is that... MGS2 has been quite a while back lol.

If you ask me, MGS2 and MGS3/PW Solid/Naked voice has a difference in the gravelness. Solid Snake has a smoother tone, whereas BB has a more gravelled voice. However, their inflection is very similar, and sometimes it feels like the same character depending on the tone of what's being said.

Akio's MGS4 is closer to his MGS3 portrayal, with a graveled tone, but he goes even more coarse with it, reflecting Snake's terrible state.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol drk is such a pathetic loser. He just perm banned half of the chat for disagreeing with him. Haha unbelievable.

Sn4ke_911

disagreeing over what though?

He hates the gameplay in MGSV so of course everyone disagreed with him because MGSV has the best gameplay this series ever had. It's fun, it's intuitive, smooth and just plays so much better than previous MGS games.

but hey this kid can't argue with someone all he does is just perm ban everyone and call it a day.

People who are subscribed to this channel are the reason why they act like that. I'm so done with this channel. Dogg is a great guy but the rest can go to hell.

brau

lol drk is such a pathetic loser. He just perm banned half of the chat for disagreeing with him. Haha unbelievable.

disagreeing over what though?

he claims Kojima failed after making more MGS after 2.

Its pretty bad in there. Got banned for just adding to the conversation about creating MGS something different. So banned for no reason.

Drk29: kojima was still himself during 4. not anymore after that

He hates the gameplay in MGSV so of course everyone disagreed with him because MGSV has the best gameplay this series ever had. It's fun, it's intuitive, smooth and just plays so much better than previous MGS games.

Oh my, sounds pretty toxic. I was going to watch the stream too (if work internet wasn't being so rubbish).

he claims Kojima failed after making more MGS after 2.

But MGS2 is the worst one :/

brau

Oh my, sounds pretty toxic. I was going to watch the stream too (if work internet wasn't being so rubbish).

But MGS2 is the worst one :/

3dogg has really good insight on the game. He plays a lot and shows easter eggs and stuff. He knows a lot about the story and the characters and little details. I enjoy his streams. But yea... the whole chat is going downhill today haha.

I agree... i dislike MGS2 for the most part. Its a great game... but i don't care for Raiden, nor the story. But i played the tanker bit for tons of hrs. Just like GZ.

Sn4ke_911

Bastard banned me after I said two things.

dude forget this kid.

"drk29: fox engine? you mean help-i couldnt-figure-out-mgs2 controls mode?"

Why the fuck don't they take away drk's mod? it would be SO MUCH LESS TOXIC in the chat

Oh please.

"Hey I'm Ocelot that means i have to use the exact same weapons all the time."

Give me a break man.

The SAAs are his signature. He's used them in all of his appearances apart from 4 where Liquid took over. It'd be like having Solid Snake without the bandana (Pliskin doesn't count). Just ain't right.

Sn4ke_911

Why so cranky Sn4ke?

I'm not, i just don't understand why people think he has to use his single action army revolvers.

The SAAs are his signature. He's used them in all of his appearances apart from 4 where Liquid took over. It'd be like having Solid Snake without the bandana (Pliskin doesn't count). Just ain't right.

Maybe he will go back to them later in the game? maybe you can customize his weapons in MGO3?

I'm not, i just don't understand why people think he has to use his single action army revolvers.

Maybe he will go back to them later in the game? maybe you can customize his weapons in MGO3?

Certainly a possibility, but the fact that this is the first game with non-licensed weapons makes me a bit pessimistic that we'll be seeing the old SAAs.

Sn4ke_911

Certainly a possibility, but the fact that this is the first game with non-licensed weapons makes me a bit pessimistic that we'll be seeing the old SAAs.

Well they could show up in the game, just not named "SAA's"

But Mantis seems to be stopping the soldiers getting to Snake, what was in the elevator is ambiguous but it was rising to their floor for some reason, the other two times are when they are turning Snake over and sending a helicopter towards him.
Could Mantis be helping snake escape? Doesn't the whale attack a helicopter? Maybe the illusions got out of hand and that's why the player has to shoot at them.

Dawg

That Ocelot picture is from MGO, maybe he wears the OG guns in the story?

Unless this is one of the examples from fake guns?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I really like 3dogg and Knight. Meanwhile, drk once banned me for giving him help.

JayEH

Hopefully TPP will tell the story of how Ocelit's voice changes from smooth Troy Baker to kinda creepy guy Pat Zimmerman.

There's been four pages since I was on here last night. Was so sure something happened but guess not :p Oh well, glad the community thread is active at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom