• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guys chill, a 1 hour Kojima presentation with new TPP info is CONFIRMED for next week.

Probably the Wii U version of MGSV, showcasing the true capabilities of the FOX Engine. Also, MGS Amiibo Collection 2015. Venom Snake in DLC for Super Smash Bros.

JayEH

HE WILL RETURN.

TRON+MySpace+Party+Comic+Con+2010+Tuhb4XAttc5l.jpg

I am a Metal Gear fan ever since I played the first Metal Gear Solid when I was a kid. This community thread though is often painful to read as you guys interpret metaphorical almost anything into being something big and when the time comes you get a
crzf7fqt.png

but in reality you get a cock-head.

Pinewood

I hope Konami will release a Big Boss Trilogy (MGS3 - PW - MGSV) and a Solid Snake Trilogy (MGS1 - MGS2 - MGS4)

And an ultimate collection with both.

Would be great.

You forgot the other games trilogy, including Portable Ops and AC!D.

Then you can have the Ultimate MGS Trilogy Trilogy Edition
leuhkikcskn4.gif

JayEH

I am a Metal Gear fan ever since I played the first Metal Gear Solid when I was a kid. This community thread though is often painful to read as you guys interpret metaphorical almost anything into being something big and when the time comes you get a
crzf7fqt.png

but in reality you get a cock-head.

We're just having fun bruh.

All of the concept art for Big Boss has him with that breed of dog. Not he has a wolf. I want a dog too...

Hmm interesting now that I think about it.. So kaz and big boss build the diamond dogs private army and we get a wolf representing the logo instead? Unless big boss gets an actual dog at some point.

First post hi! Hope to get to know you all as I'll be spending a lot of time in MGS threads. Been lurking Neogaf for about 2 years but only just got an email that I could register with. I've always enjoyed reading through the MGS threads.

Anyway, i'm horribly excited for TPP. MGS is without a doubt my favourite game series of all time and i'm confident that TPP will be incredible. I'm just excited that the game really seems to be pushing gameplay as well as story as opposed to just story. I want more content like Peace Walker as opposed to barely any like in MGS4.

Also, putting it forward. MGS2 is my favourite in the series bar none.

JayEH

Does anyone have that Shinkawa picture of BB side-on with horn aiming a handgun? (I think?) Not seen it for a while and can't find it anywhere.

I think you're talking about this.

MGSV-GI-March-Cover.jpg

First post hi! Hope to get to know you all as I'll be spending a lot of time in MGS threads. Been lurking Neogaf for about 2 years but only just got an email that I could register with. I've always enjoyed reading through the MGS threads.

Anyway, i'm horribly excited for TPP. MGS is without a doubt my favourite game series of all time and i'm confident that TPP will be incredible. I'm just excited that the game really seems to be pushing gameplay as well as story as opposed to just story. I want more content like Peace Walker as opposed to barely any like in MGS4.

Also, putting it forward. MGS2 is my favourite in the series bar none.

Welcome! Peace Walker's greatest strength is that it has SO MUCH content it's crazy. TPP seems to be Peace Walker on steroids so I can't even think about how much stuff there will be to do in the game.

MGS2 isn't my favorite but it's definitely growing on me the more I analyze and play it.

Do you guys get the feeling that the buddy system could lead to multiple endings or rather different scenarios? Sort of like mgs1 opting out of the torture which eventually led to different endings. Since kojima said you might not even encounter quiet during your playthrough or am I wrong fellas?

JayEH

Oh and swearing-circle, if you want you can add your name to our gaming ids contact list and add us on PSN/Steam/Xbox.

Follow the post below and then quote it to get the link to the spreadsheet.

So if this is working correctly...There should be a google docs link that you can use to add your PSN/XBL/Steam name.

(Quote to reveal)

JayEH

Do you guys get the feeling that the buddy system could lead to multiple endings or rather different scenarios? Sort of like mgs1 opting out of the torture which eventually led to different endings. Since kojima said you might not even encounter quiet during your playthrough or am I wrong fellas?

My guess is that Quiet (and other characters) lead to side stories that have nothing major to do with the main plot. But canonically Big Boss stills meets those characters.

-Deimos

Hopefully not. I don't like multiple endings in story heavy games.

Kojima was asked this in a twitch interview early last year. He basically responded with something like that he isn't really interested in doing multiple endings again, but would rather have a game where everyone goes through it in a different way and gets their own experience but ultimately reaches the same place. Kind of like how there was the freedom to rescue Paz first and then Chico in GZ, but it ultimately culminates in the same ending.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=13215

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxT2sAOJQw

Kojima was asked this in a twitch interview early last year. He basically responded with something like that he isn't really interested in doing multiple endings again, but would rather have a game where everyone goes through it in a different way and gets their own experience but ultimately reaches the same place. Kind of like how there was the freedom to rescue Paz first and then Chico in GZ, but it ultimately culminates in the same ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxT2sAOJQw

Just went through the video. Question starts at 25:15.

Frankiebass

Neo Member
I usually go to bed around 10:30-11:00pm. I went to bed last night at about 2:30am due to falling down the Metal Gear Solid Wiki rabbit hole.

Really need a release date announced so I can plot out my replay of the series and hopefully finish around the release of V. Thinking of going either in chronological or reverse chronological order for it.

Rajang

Peace Walker, second save update.

S ranked every Main Ops and now 50% done with all Extra Ops (all s rank). Yep I have no life. :>

JayEH

I usually go to bed around 10:30-11:00pm. I went to bed last night at about 2:30am due to falling down the Metal Gear Solid Wiki rabbit hole.

Really need a release date announced so I can plot out my replay of the series and hopefully finish around the release of V. Thinking of going either in chronological or reverse chronological order for it.

Chronologically could be tough. Can't manage going from GZ to the MSX.

Peace Walker, second save update.

S ranked every Main Ops and now 50% done with all Extra Ops (all s rank). Yep I have no life. :>

Do you already have the platinum?

Rajang

Do you already have the platinum?

Yeah, I do. It was my favorite MGS Platinum to get. I just love playing Peace Walker. One of the reasons I'm so incredibly hyped about TPP is that 90% of what made PW so fun is also going to be implemented in TPP. The base management. Using the fulton system to recruit soldiers, researching weapons and items. Capturing "mechs" like armored vehicles/tanks/attack choppers and then sending them out in Outer Ops. I also hope that TTP have an advanced version of Outer Ops. I loved that mini game, but I wish it was more expansive. I hope we can see those battles being played out and rendered in Fox Engine in TPP. Hopefully we will have AI battles as well, destroying their parts so you can use them to create your own Metal Gear. That would be awesome.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

reverse chronological sounds like a really bad idea. can't see it having any benefits at all.

Frankiebass

Neo Member
reverse chronological sounds like a really bad idea. can't see it having any benefits at all.

I get what you're saying, I do like the idea of saving the start of it all for last to hammer home Big Boss' relationship with The Boss. It's also my favorite of the series, so a nice cherry on top :)

Yeah, I do. It was my favorite MGS Platinum to get. I just love playing Peace Walker. One of the reasons I'm so incredibly hyped about TPP is that 90% of what made PW so fun is also going to be implemented in TPP. The base management. Using the fulton system to recruit soldiers, researching weapons and items. Capturing "mechs" like armored vehicles/tanks/attack choppers and then sending them out in Outer Ops. I also hope that TTP have an advanced version of Outer Ops. I loved that mini game, but I wish it was more expansive. I hope we can see those battles being played out and rendered in Fox Engine in TPP. Hopefully we will have AI battles as well, destroying their parts so you can use them to create your own Metal Gear. That would be awesome.

i could see outer ops being essentially the same in TPP as in PW, but also being able to do some of the base management and outer-ops stuff through a syncing mobile app like the GZ app (which basically has a mini version of base-building and outer ops already)

Pinewood

i could see outer ops being essentially the same in TPP as in PW, but also being able to do some of the base management and outer-ops stuff through a syncing mobile app like the GZ app (which basically has a mini version of base-building and outer ops already)

Yess, this! Base management and especially Opter ops are so tedious on PS3 I put in as little effort as I could. Having that conveniently on a tablet though...

God damn, Peace Walker is so fucking good. I hope we can get a lot of variation in how we build our base so we can see some crazy shit when we all invade each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom