• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn, Peace Walker is so fucking good. I hope we can get a lot of variation in how we build our base so we can see some crazy shit when we all invade each other.

i assume the forward operating base the only thing that can be invaded? i wonder how robust the physical building of mother base and the FOB will be. they mentioned placing cameras or turrets. it would be amazing if you could actually build the entire thing including structures and struts and all that, as opposed to having pre-fab stuff we choose from. it could end up being really basic, or it could be some sim city type shit.

Rajang

Yess, this! Base management and especially Opter ops are so tedious on PS3 I put in as little effort as I could. Having that conveniently on a tablet though...

Why do you think it's tedious? What was wrong with base management? And you don't have to put that much effort into Outer Ops at all. You just select the units for an attack and click one button and you will see the result after you're done with a mission. And Outer Ops is not that essential to PW anyway.

God damn, Peace Walker is so fucking good. I hope we can get a lot of variation in how we build our base so we can see some crazy shit when we all invade each other.

Yeah, I agree.

Pinewood

Why do you think it's tedious? What was wrong with base management? And you don't have to put that much effort into Outer Ops at all. You just select the units for an attack and click one button and you will see the result after you're done with a mission. And Outer Ops is not that essential to PW anyway.

The base management itself is quite ok (apart from having to discharge people 1 by one)

But the results video in outer ops is so boring and long. I just want to know the damages, not a recreation.

HE WILL RETURN.

TRON+MySpace+Party+Comic+Con+2010+Tuhb4XAttc5l.jpg

SHIT. YES!!!! I don't have a girlfriend right now, but if I did, I would - not only be OK with, but - encourage her to get it on with Dante. He's one cool cat!

tumblr_lqdff5VGHF1qhv5ilo1_500.gif

First post hi!

Welcome, BROTHER!!!!

Rajang

The base management itself is quite ok (apart from having to discharge people 1 by one)

You don't have to do that, you can select multiple recruits by pressing square and then fire them all at once.

But the results video in outer ops is so boring and long. I just want to know the damages, not a recreation.

Fair enough. But you can still speed it up a little bit using "button fast forward". But yeah it's not quick enough.

i assume the forward operating base the only thing that can be invaded? i wonder how robust the physical building of mother base and the FOB will be. they mentioned placing cameras or turrets. it would be amazing if you could actually build the entire thing including structures and struts and all that, as opposed to having pre-fab stuff we choose from. it could end up being really basic, or it could be some sim city type shit.
I feel we know very little about the invasion stuff so it's anybody's guess. They've shown a decent amount of customization for the base and if they're letting us walk around it, I would hope they would give us a lot of freedom on how it's designed. Obviously, some of it has to be a certain way for story stuff and cutscenes but I hope there's more you can build around that.

Rajang

First post hi! Hope to get to know you all as I'll be spending a lot of time in MGS threads. Been lurking Neogaf for about 2 years but only just got an email that I could register with. I've always enjoyed reading through the MGS threads.

Anyway, i'm horribly excited for TPP. MGS is without a doubt my favourite game series of all time and i'm confident that TPP will be incredible. I'm just excited that the game really seems to be pushing gameplay as well as story as opposed to just story. I want more content like Peace Walker as opposed to barely any like in MGS4.

Also, putting it forward. MGS2 is my favourite in the series bar none.

Welcome home, brother.

jakomocha

As a follow-up to my previous posts, I've been playing a lot of MGS on my Vita and it is great. Already one of my favorite games ever, and I haven't even finished it. The game is actually nowhere near as janky as I thought it would be, with my only big issue really being the controls sometimes feeling... less than fluid.

But now I'm at the
Ocelot torture scene
and I'm completely stuck. Mashing O is a pain on the Vita, and I've done everything from attempting to remap the controls to using a pen and I still cannot make it out of that scene alive. I'm not sure what to do, because I
don't want to submit and let Meryl die :/.

JayEH

As a follow-up to my previous posts, I've been playing a lot of MGS on my Vita and it is great. Already one of my favorite games ever, and I haven't even finished it. The game is actually nowhere near as janky as I thought it would be, with my only big issue really being the controls sometimes feeling... less than fluid.

But now I'm at the
Ocelot torture scene
and I'm completely stuck. Mashing O is a pain on the Vita, and I've done everything from attempting to remap the controls to using a pen and I still cannot make it out of that scene alive. I'm not sure what to do, because I
don't want to submit and let Meryl die :/.

Hmmm. No idea what to do about that. Never got that far in the Vita version. Have you tried maybe mapping multiple buttons to the same thing?

Shy

First post hi! Hope to get to know you all as I'll be spending a lot of time in MGS threads. Been lurking Neogaf for about 2 years but only just got an email that I could register with. I've always enjoyed reading through the MGS threads.

Anyway, i'm horribly excited for TPP. MGS is without a doubt my favourite game series of all time and i'm confident that TPP will be incredible. I'm just excited that the game really seems to be pushing gameplay as well as story as opposed to just story. I want more content like Peace Walker as opposed to barely any like in MGS4.

WELCOME BROTHERRRRR
s60kT0V.gif

Batzi

Banned

Welcome! Who is your favourite Metal Gear poster?

I am looking for a particular video that I found last year on YouTube. It was a Metal Gear Solid (1) Big Boss code name run. I have been trying to find it recently. I am hoping someone might know which video I am referring to or could find it for me.

I do not remember much about it but from what I remember it was not a speed run video. The player beat the game earning Big Boss code name without using special items which are bandana and stealth camo. I think he saved two times or less. The video description describes the code name requirements and maybe the stats results.

I did not watch the whole video but I watched a bit and I remember some gameplay from it. So if someone find it, I will be able to verify if it the video I am looking for. I appreciate if anyone could find it as it was a very good run.

A favorite poster means nothing on NeoGAF.

True. I am lurking in these threads, aswell as this one (where literally everything is overhyped, every tweet Kojima makes seems to be something important) around some years but I was never interested in posting so I had no reason for an account but I am bored right now and have nothing to play, so I am glad my account was validated pretty quick.

JayEH

Welcome! Who is your favourite Metal Gear poster?

It's obviously me.

True. I am lurking in these threads, aswell as this one (where literally everything is overhyped, every tweet Kojima makes seems to be something important) around some years but I was never interested in posting so I had no reason for an account but I am bored right now and have nothing to play, so I am glad my account was validated pretty quick.

I already told you we hype everything because we need something to do while we wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom