• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BvAqtYkCYAA2AS2.jpg

J.EM1

bigger

B7yPBQICMAIJEiN.jpg:large

The heck is going on? that's clearly GZ Snake. Kojima says on twitter it's just a bug. Haha sure... the scars, the prosthetic arm and horn are gone ....what a troll.
I really love the MSF suit. But yeah, looks like a few things aren't up to date in that pic.

Has it been confirmed that the suit will be an available item for those who purchased GZ?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just reading the posts above about returning characters. How did Solid Snake not ever think "damn, the President George Sears sure looks like Big Boss''.

Isn't Solidus supposed to be closest in appearance to him?

He probably did notice, but (1) it's not like he could've done anything about it since he was the president and also went underground with Ocelot's help and (2) he might've just shrugged it off as a coincidence. Also (3) by the time Shadow Moses happened, Solidus may still not have looked like the old Big Boss Snake knew from the 90s. He was very young when elected (technically innelligible I think even) and his aging is very weird so who knows.

I think he's trolling about it being a bug or the horn/robot arm disappearing, he probably knows by now how we all overanalyze things and is having fun lol.

I think it's that unlockable GZ sneaking suit they said you get for TPP if you owned GZ. But, instead of it being a literal "costume" that Snake can wear in his TPP condition, it's actually more of a non-canon "skin" replacement, removing the ponytail, robot arm and horn in favour of his actual GZ look.

That could be cool or disappointing depending on how you look at it... I know on the PC (version I'm playing) this would have been easily accomplished by just model swapping. I might have preferred an actual costume to see how TPP Snake would look in that sneaking suit. Ah well.

I think he's trolling about it being a bug or the horn/robot arm disappearing, he probably knows by now how we all overanalyze things and is having fun lol.

I think it's that unlockable GZ sneaking suit they said you get for TPP if you owned GZ. But, instead of it being a literal "costume" that Snake can wear in his TPP condition, it's actually more of a non-canon "skin" replacement, removing the ponytail, robot arm and horn in favour of his actual GZ look.

That could be cool or disappointing depending on how you look at it... I know on the PC (version I'm playing) this would have been easily accomplished by just model swapping. I might have preferred an actual costume to see how TPP Snake would look in that sneaking suit. Ah well.

Don't forget the "Pseudo-Historical Recreation(s)"! I'm sure there will be flashback missions, even more so after this latest tease.

JayEH

Please no more Solid Snake inspired side ops. The Deja Vu mission was cool but it was a blasphemous to be playing as Big Boss.

Please no more Solid Snake inspired side ops. The Deja Vu mission was cool but it was a blasphemous to be playing as Big Boss.

I want Deja Vu - Part II (Mother Base as Big Shell), Part III (Africa Jungle as Tselinoyarsk) and Part IV (Afghanistan Desert as Middle East)!

Only if I get a Raiden and Old Snake skin with original voice samples from MGS2 ,3, and 4.

You won't. You'll get stuff like Naked Big Boss running around Mother Base with Crazy A.I Kaz saying weird stuff over codec and Grey-Haired Big Boss being told to change his camo several times to emulate OctoCamo as Kiefer says "This brings back some memories!"

Sn4ke_911

Might really be a bug since he posted the same picture before that but with the prosthetic. Anyhow, it seems that TPP will have GZ sneaking suit as a choice but then again, the suit shouldn't alter his physical appearances such as his horn and prosthetic.

Nope.

B7yCAhFCQAAERGo.jpg

Batzi

Banned
oh and I don't know if you noticed but Kojima came up with a story while working out at the gym. Last time he came up with something were ideas for making the E3 2014 trailer.

oh and I don't know if you noticed but Kojima came up with a story while working out at the gym. Last time he came up with something were ideas for making the E3 2014 trailer.

I remember that. Are you saying he said he got an idea for the new trailer again while at the gym on twitter?

He won't deny it! 2 hour PythonSelkan video incoming!

:smugface:

He said he came up with a story. Story for what, I don't know.

I see. Could be anything, I guess. Maybe he's only just cracked the story for Silent Hills? Or MGS6? Lol. I think he already has been in the process of editing his trailer so not sure if he means like a narrative for how he edits the upcoming trailer like last time, but it's a possibility.

Sn4ke_911

LE WUT?

How is it possible that Ken doesn't know about the Tapei game show next week? o_O

2015-01-2018_48_32-ke61uhy.png

LE WUT?

How is it possible that Ken doesn't know about the Tapei game show next week? o_O

2015-01-2018_48_32-ke61uhy.png

It's been confirmed from a reliable source that Kojima is coming in person, right? Strange. I think I remember one time Ken was being coy about whether he was attending one of these events (think it might have Gamescom) because the announcement of Kojima coming wasn't official yet. Maybe he doesn't realize the info is out there and he doesn't want to slip up and reveal Kojima is going too soon.

Or it could just mean nothing is happening, as usual lol

Sn4ke_911

It's been confirmed from a reliable source that Kojima is coming in person, right? Strange. I think I remember one time Ken was being coy about whether he was attending one of these events (think it might have Gamescom) because the announcement of Kojima coming wasn't official yet. Maybe he doesn't realize the info is out there and he doesn't want to slip up and reveal Kojima is going too soon.

Or it could just mean nothing is happening, as usual lol

You're right. People asked him about Gamescom before the official announcement. He started talking about GC only after Kojima tweeted about it.

I believe there wasn't a single tweet from Kojima yet that he will attend the show.

Dawg

I hope Konami will release a Big Boss Trilogy (MGS3 - PW - MGSV) and a Solid Snake Trilogy (MGS1 - MGS2 - MGS4)

And an ultimate collection with both.

Would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom