• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Metal Gear Community, here is an avatar present for you. I was browsing a little bit and photoshopping a little bit. Half of those are Big Boss in all his glory. Take what you like. All pixel art. Because everyone loves pixel art. Right? Right!?

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

Also, if anyone on the Hype Rex changes her/his avatar with either on of these or whatever one. I still can easily replace the avatar on the Hype Rex. No worries.

Thanks! Can you replace my avatar on Rex?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Really loving them avatars, especially the Rising bunch.

Ocelot's massive forehead cracks me up.

NeoGiff

Metal Gear Community, here is an avatar present for you. I was browsing a little bit and photoshopping a little bit. Half of those are Big Boss in all his glory. Take what you like. All pixel art. Because everyone loves pixel art. Right? Right!?

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

Also, if anyone on the Hype Rex changes her/his avatar with either on of these or whatever one. I still can easily replace the avatar on the Hype Rex. No worries.

I'm grabbing the MGS4 Big Boss one! Thanks so much for these, man.

Edit: Now I feel like I belong. Hypeu for Big Bossu. Also, can you put this one on the Hype Rex?

The fourth one ^^ Or maybe one with a bigger head, PEOPLE MUST SEE THE BLONDNESS

98d2w6ly.png
tivh28m4.png

Did you rike it?

The best Junior to have entered this thread.

(。◕‿‿◕。)

Also, can you put this one on the Hype Rex?

Sure.

Can I get on the hype RAY?

First candidate for the Hype Ray! Sure, the Hype Rex gets messy anyway. Will upload both Rex and Ray in one picture.

Palpable

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

These are brilliant. Need more.

I actually didn't made them by myself. I just edited most of them. But I made sprites before. So if this, is a serious request:

I can do that.

ahh. well either way, they are cool. don't go too crazy making that though, unless someone else wants an avatar. i'm keeping my current avatar as long as possible since it's hanging up at kojipro!

This thread got quiet now.

I am going offline now to make some serious Photoshop. Rex & Ray Hype is currently on ice for that time. I actually might have to place all avatars on a different place because some of them changed and there will probably more to be changed once I post the new avatar list. Don't worry I know who is on the Hype Rex & Ray, so no one will be removed, just moved to a different position.

So, next time when I am going to post here. Prepare for a huge amount of Avatars (100-200, or even more, I hope). All pixel art of course, like before.

Why that much avatars you ask?

Glad you ask. Answer:
Just because. ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

So there will be an avatar for everyone. Yes, even for you Dawg.
Bladewolf or DD for example.

See you later!

I am going offline now to make some serious Photoshop. Rex & Ray Hype is currently on ice for that time. I actually might have to place all avatars on a different place because some of them changed and there will probably more to be changed once I post the new avatar list. Don't worry I know who is on the Hype Rex & Ray, so no one will be removed, just moved to a different position.

So, next time when I am going to post here. Prepare for a huge amount of Avatars (100-200, or even more, I hope). All pixel art of course, like before.

Glad you ask. Answer:
Just because. ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

See you later!

DUDE, CANNOT WAIT!

NeoGiff

Glad you ask. Answer:
Just because. ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

See you later!

Quiet but not silent.

Seriously, what you're doing is incredible. 100 avatars?! That's crazy, I can't wait to see them whenever they're ready :)

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

Awesome work! I'll claim this one if no one has yet

jplfniya.png

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

These are fuckin cool

wilsonda

those avatars are super slick man...

on a different note, I was watching this Metal Gear Saga 1 & 2 documentary here...

And at the 4 minute mark, Kojima states that the Boss was originally supposed to have one breast exposed even in battle. This was to really demonstrate the maternal theme of the Boss (aka... breastfeeding a child). There is even mention of a snake tattoo on her chest, so that when she fired a weapon, her breast would shake and the snake would appear to be laughing... Kojima mentions that there was even going to be a legend of the "Laughing Snake". The legend is that when you see the laughing snake, your life would soon be over.

I thought I knew a lot about the Metal Gear universe, but this one fact really below my mind. I trust Kojima
as all of MGS GAF does
, but damn I really have no idea what to think of the original design idea.

Please discuss...

Palpable

on a different note, I was watching this Metal Gear Saga 1 & 2 documentary here...

And at the 4 minute mark, Kojima states that the Boss was originally supposed to have one breast exposed even in battle. This was to really demonstrate the maternal theme of the Boss (aka... breastfeeding a child). There is even mention of a snake tattoo on her chest, so that when she fired a weapon, her breast would shake and the snake would appear to be laughing... Kojima mentions that there was even going to be a legend of the "Laughing Snake". The legend is that when you see the laughing snake, your life would soon be over.

I thought I knew a lot about the Metal Gear universe, but this one fact really below my mind. I trust Kojima
as all of MGS GAF does

Please discuss...

Let's just say there's a very good reason that didn't make it in the game...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

as all of MGS GAF does

Please discuss...

well...i'm glad he realized it had no business being in the game...
but he left the scar turning into a real snake into the game...

BrrnugT

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

if no one has this, i'll grab it
uom6qffs.png

Translation (Bing) of @kojima_pro's latest tweet:
You guys have been waiting for 'TPP', thank you. Last night sneak and relay works on #コジステ but, introduced today, Kojima productions, many staff 'TPP' production is in full swing. Everyone eagerly awaited release date announcement until little time to ask, thank you.

It seems i went for my beauty sleep and you got the opportunity to collectively change avatars...
Anyways, awesome pick LD :p

Haha! Thanks!! Great work by Psyc-- I mean, System Error!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Wish me luck on my exam today Outer GAF.
Employment law fucking sucks!

Good luck, BROTHER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom