• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the creation of the MGSV:TPP OT will drive Dawg to borderline insane

Dawg Kojima sent us to hell but we must go even deeper...Noctis I'm already cookoo for koji puffs

brau

The thirst for TPP is real.

I have 120k on PS3 alone

ipr0wwo.png

here we go again. lol

ziYiaBR.png

I hear this is a pretty hard pill to swallow, but after reading how absurd it is, I’m actually half eager to pick up the book.

•-•-•-•-•-•
“Merry Christmas,” Snake said as he delivered two powerhouse punches, left and then right, into the guards’ faces. The soldiers plopped to the floor. “I forgot to tell you — Christmas is early this year.” (p. 34)

The man snored loudly and woke himself up. His head rose to the level where Snake wanted it.
“Sounds like you’ve got sleep apnea,” Snake said. “Better get that checked out.” (p. 40)

“I suspect that [the Genome soldiers] are equipped with the same antifreezing peptide I gave you.”
“That won’t stop me from putting them on ice.” (p. 33)

Snake grinned and contacted Natasha.
“Hey, I got me a Stinger. I just wanted to brag.” (p. 205)

“Did you know that it was the French who first thought of using electrical shocks as a means of torture?”
“That figures. They also like Jerry Lewis.” (p. 176)

“Well, I’m not like you,” Liquid said. “Unlike you, I’m proud of the destiny that is encoded in my genes.”
“Encode this, you bastard!” (pp. 279-280)

Pinewood

He means Destination PS which is a retailer event.

Oh. I thought it was something akin to the event they had when they announced the PS4 and the one at the end of 2014. My mistake.

But when is the next big event that is livestreamed? The no livestreaming in Taipei is what makes me worried about no release announcment.

BTW
My two favorite characters in Gaming/Anime/Manga are Big Boss and Guts from Berserk. And they both have some things in common:

1) Eyepatch
2) Prostetic arm
3)
Both killed their mentors
4)
Both lost their unit (MSF and Band of the Hawk)
4.1)
Lost their unit cause of one of the best comrades (Grffith and Zero)
5)
Both seek revenge on their comrades (Griffith and Zero)
6)
Those comrades become world rule/god (Patriots and God Hand + Reborn Griffith as new king)

SO if now in Berserk there are dragons, kraken and stuff (Fantasia Arc)...it means we will see something like that in Phantom Pain! OMG! THATS IT! KRAKEN
FOR PHANTOM PAIN CONFIRMED!!!
(he will swallow mother base)

Nice! :)

Perhaps Big Boss will sacrifice his Diamond Dogs to become a demon?

Jindrax

Is it actually worth owning for entertainment alone?

I read it 4 years ago when I stumbled upon it in Waterstones.
It's good fun. Definitely worth the price. Also, you read it in all the right voices xD.

Bonus: my final presentation for my English class is secondary school was on this book xD.
Teacher said I was very passionate about it... Little did she realize it's the story of the greatest game of all time!!!! :O

JayEH

Damn Kojima is very thorough when playing through the game. He seems like the type of boss that would be super annoying though the end product shows his games are the best. "Why can't I go in the porty potty?" "Why isn't water leaking?" I imagine he's constantly asking why he can't do things he would expect to do. I can't think of any other developer who would do that.

brau

Damn Kojima is very thorough when playing through the game. He seems like the type of boss that would be super annoying though the end product shows his games are the best. "Why can't I go in the porty potty?" "Why isn't water leaking?" I imagine he's constantly asking why he can't do things he would expect to do. I can't think of any other developer who would do that.

I can totally see that. i wonder how much input from the team is focused to that kind of attention. Tho i am pretty sure that by now they go, i am pretty sure "The Boss" will want this working, and being able to interact with this.... and they just do it anyways.

ziYiaBR.png

I hear this is a pretty hard pill to swallow, but after reading how absurd it is, I’m actually half eager to pick up the book.

This book is hilarious. I recommend it. I was disappointed when the MGS2 one was just a straight forward novelisation rather than Snake breaking everyone's neck while spouting one liners and clotheslining people.

SJRB

Gold Member

Making of MGS4 documentary is exactly this. Kojima endlessly playtesting the game at the end of development cycle, constantly coming up with adjustments, new ideas and suggestions that technically shouldn't be added anymore since the game is alreay in debug mode.

He scribbles this unreadable shit on all kinds of random papers and delivers them to his staff who first have to decrypt whatever he's trying to say before they can start working on it. Kojima's endless strive for perfection and finetuning constantly clashes with the tech guys who need the time for polishing and optimization.

It's a fascinating video, definately worth a watch.

This one. That look on people's faces when Kojima comes out of his office and tells he wants to do a new voice acting session to redo some lines is incredible.

Jindrax

Making of MGS4 documentary is exactly this. Kojima endlessly playtesting the game at the end of development cycle, constantly coming up with adjustments, new ideas and suggestions that technically shouldn't be added anymore since the game is alreay in debug mode.

He scribbles this unreadable shit on all kinds of random papers and delivers them to his staff who first have to decrypt whatever he's trying to say before they can start working on it. Kojima's endless strive for perfection and finetuning constantly clashes with the tech guys who need the time for polishing and optimization.

This one.

I love Kojima but being a programmer or whatever on his team must fucking suck.
Yeah guys, totally finished that one area! Kojima walk in with notes that says to changed 50 things...

This one. That look on people's faces when Kojima comes out of his office and tells he wants to do a new voice acting session to redo some lines is incredible.

That's why I love my MGS4 making of disk that came with the limited edition. Every few months I have to rewatch it, fascinating and entertaining all the way through.

JayEH

Thanks I'll give it a watch later today.

brau

Yeah guys, totally finished that one area! Kojima walk in with notes that says to changed 50 things...

"Game needs to be shipped in a few months. So we are 50% done. So we gotta finish it."

It is nuts. Love his games, but i would not like to be working under him.

Rajang

LOL... not very happy with this. I'll revisit him and make him look better. Specially when you only have 5 mins. :p

Brother, that looks fine to me. What's wrong with it?

Hahaha so true. The lead programmer must be losing his mind. And the worst thing is they had to do that all on the ridiculously complex Cell processor.

Shy

YES!!!!!

#TeamMarch17!!!!!!
*nods approvingly* my man.

TEAM MARCH ASSEMBLE!!!

OMFG

SOMEONE HOLD ME.
*holds rajang*
MG Gaf needs an inside man in Taipei.
we need to Manchurian candidate torshiro. that would do the trick. :p
Hello BRROOTHEERRRS!

I've been watching this thread for a quite some time. Then decided to sign up, but I did not know that I need to wait for account validation. And after validation I decided to say hello to MGS-GAF (best gaming community I've ever seen!).

I am MGS fan since the Shadow Moses incident. I play all canon Metal Gear games every year. And now I am so hyped for V and I am prety sure that it will be the best in the series!

Btw, yesterday bought PS4 and the only game there is right now is GZ :3 (played it already on PS3 and PC)
WELCOME BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Hihihi I love how this is catching on :D OUTER GAF
for all that is just and true in the universe please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
make this the MGO clan name.

and sorry to sound like a broken record. but i would like to be in the clan when it's formed. please brothers.

Thanks for the link.

This
Kojima belongs to the oldschool. There was a story that surfaced after MGS2, that he made callouses from using a highlighter to mark bugs on the code during the last days before release. Dude knows his coding.
irked me earlier but the video gives a much better explanation, he's not a coder highlighting lines of code.

Jindrax

for all that is just and true in the universe please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
make this the MGO clan name.

and sorry to sound like a broken record. but i would like to be in the clan when it's formed. please brothers.

Dude that's an epic idea!!!!!
Also we must have MGS trivia questions ready to allow members to join.
Only true soldier of Kojima may join Outer Gaf :O

Timeaisis

I think we should start doing MGS trivia on here. Like lore, characters, dialogue, gameplay elements, glitches, easter eggs, and whatever else you can think of. Like, really, really tough stuff that only really MGS-GAF would know.

Jindrax

I think we should start doing MGS trivia on here. Like lore, characters, dialogue, gameplay elements, glitches, easter eggs, and whatever else you can think of. Like, really, really tough stuff that only really MGS-GAF would know.

Oh you want some questions mister!?

Well riddle me this: Ocelet's arm in MGS2, is it really Liquids? Or is it fake?

Dude that's an epic idea!!!!!
Also we must have MGS trivia questions ready to allow members to join.
Only true soldier of Kojima may join Outer Gaf :O

I mean, it doesn't matter the question if the answer is always nanomachines!

I mean, it could always be something like "Where was Solid Snake between MG2 and MGS" or something. Not a question non fans would know, but not too difficult that only the MGS historians could join.

Real in 2, fake in 4.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

If GAF allowed signatures I would make a giant image that said "Liquid was real in MGS2, as confirmed by the MGS4 Database" so no one could keep saying bs about it.

If GAF allowed signatures I would make a giant image that said "Liquid was real in MGS2, as confirmed by the MGS4 Database" so no one could keep saying bs about it.

Yeah, the influence was overwhelming him because of his spiritual sensitivity so he removed it and hypnotized himself to trick the Patriots into sending Snake who was the only one who could actually bring down The Patriots because of their algorithms?

Watered down version.

Opto

Banned

This video makes me appreciate how they want to wait to give a release date. Locking that in on a game so huge and full of even more potential bugs, I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom