• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

That Simpsons-art MGS image is neat.

tumblr_nhbfavpkSe1rji3x6o1_1280.jpg

Juicy Bob

So having only just finally gotten Ground Zeroes this week, I've only just listened to all of the cassette tapes.

...fucking hell, man...

usp84

It can't be a coincidence.All these new pics and the video should mean that the Release Date is coming in a few weeks.Kojima is preparing us for the big news!

Just giving a short update. I made 72 avatars so far. Yes, I know, I'm a bit slow. But that's basically because I had to draw 2 sprites completely from scratch all by myself, because resizing them made them look ugly. Though I had sprites to orientate. Those were Blade Wolf and D. D., Blade Wolf looks already like a true "Big Boss", haha. I just looked over and it will definitely more than 150 avatar, not sure if it will be over 200. But I might say, there's really for everyone something. Well, going back to Photoshop. See you later!

Looks like they fixed the reload animations and shell ejection on the steam version of GZ, pretty impressive how long shells on the ground stick around, are they permanent?

I imagine LMG rampages are gonna make quite a pile in the full game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Cool, thanks for the patchnotes!

Metal Gear Community, here is an avatar present for you. I was browsing a little bit and photoshopping a little bit. Half of those are Big Boss in all his glory. Take what you like. All pixel art. Because everyone loves pixel art. Right? Right!?

jplfniya.png
c9it4wza.png
uom6qffs.png
s8hv44op.png
nhbh4yf4.png
u5mrhjdx.png

vpohj4zd.png
i39uf2dn.png
iq9rwcpp.png
zww7hjnv.png
rlya3nog.png
glqjk4p5.png

Also, if anyone on the Hype Rex changes her/his avatar with either on of these or whatever one. I still can easily replace the avatar on the Hype Rex. No worries.

I may have snagged Jetstream Sam, Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken I'VE EVEN FORGOTTEN MY NAAAAAME!

Thanks brotha.

SJRB

Gold Member
This whole "release announcement very soon" hype is killing me.

I guess I'll go watch the TGS gameplay walkthrough again, it's been like 12 hours since I last watched it.

Javier23

Banned
I've been thinking for a long while now that a V/V/201V release date would make a lot of sense, and it being announced by the end of the month would fit perfectly with the three months windows it's been said they'd need to market it. However, I find strange that if the game is being released that relatively soon they would still be adding and fixing new mechanics, such as the toilet one we were shown yesterday.

GrayChild

I've been thinking for a long while now that a V/V/201V release date would make a lot of sense, and it being announced by the end of the month would fit perfectly with the three months windows it's been said they'd need to market it. However, I find strange that if the game is being released that relatively soon they would still be adding and fixing new mechanics, such as the toilet one we were shown yesterday.

Even with this release date, they would have more than 3 months (considering the game goes gold mid-April). Not an impossible scenario.

Just in time for yours truly Junior MGSGaffer to fill in the gaps.

NeoGiff

Something I haven't heard about in a while: instant-alerts are still a thing, aren't they?

Pretty much. Although there is a tiny window in which you can take out enemies before all hell breaks loose. I was playing GZ the other day and was spotted... I swung around to face the guy, and he shouted "Contact!" before I tranqed him. Pretty sure that's as loose as you can be though - the window lasts as long as the alert sound effect and whatever the AI's call for help is. This is all without reflex mode on, obviously.

Dawg

While I appreciate the gesture, Error, I doubt I will use one of your avatars.

I just made this one myself and I like it very much.

Just saying this because I don't want you to go through all this trouble to make an avatar I probably will not use. That said, I'm kinda curious what kind of Bladewolf and DD avatars you'd make.

strafer

Just saying this because I don't want you to go through all this trouble to make an avatar I probably will not use. That said, I'm kinda curious what kind of Bladewolf and DD avatars you'd make.

look out, we got a badass over here! :;P

O shit merkd dat camping pussy

Guys, quick question. I made 124 avatars so far. I can either upload those now (on imagehoster first, of course) and then post here. Or I keep doing avatars with this style:
vpohj4zd.png

I give you 10 minutes, to decide that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom