• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.EM1

B8BFxQsCcAAsmCE.jpg:large
Is Kojima going to fix that GZ skin/model or what? :p

That gun he has sure looks interesting..

Is Kojima going to fix that GZ skin/model or what? :p

That gun he has sure looks interesting..

Looks like a stinger or Rpg

He should leave that snake model alone since people might not like snake with the horn ( personally I don't mind ) or perhaps he wants to rip the GZ sneaking suit to add the red prosthetic arm for the sake of consistency.

J.EM1

Looks like a stinger or Rpg

He should leave that snake model alone since people might not like snake with the horn ( personally I don't mind ) or perhaps he wants to rip the GZ sneaking suit to add the red prosthetic arm for the sake of consistency.
Kind of looks like an AA-12 shotgun.

I hope he adds the arm, scars, horn tail. I'm a huge fan of consistency. :p

I hope he adds the arm, scars, horn tail. I'm a huge fan of consistency. :p

Customization options would be awesome! design your own big boss! Eye patch designs and whatnot. It's not going to happen but it would've been cool at least for MGO I expect something like that.

Skullface

I was supposed to do exam at 17... Still haven't done exam yet it's 18:41...
Totally tripping balls xD

bf3__u_wot_m8_by_plzexplode-d5ubr62.png

How did that line go unnoticed? Lol Does this mean anything other than what I've used that phrase for myself? Fucking hell man, there's no way I could take an exam tripping on anything. Good luck bro.

J.EM1

Customization options would be awesome! design your own big boss! Eye patch designs and whatnot. It's not going to happen but it would've been cool at least for MGO I expect something like that.
I would love add that scarf/shemagh to the MSF suit. lol

From yesterday's Koji Station, look like we can also customize the horse!

Shy

they still haven't fixed the controller deadzone yet. *sigh*

I just noticed that I wrote "Diamod Dogs" instead of "Diamond Dogs" on that one avatar.
Also there are the previous avatars included, but updated! I made "improvements" on the previous, whoever has them, decide for yourself if you like the update. Enjoy!

that's some beautiful avatar art, system. kudos brother

Tried to do a no weapons trial in Ground Zeroes but the avoidance stealth in this game is not at all interesting. Guards stand still in too many places and have too many intersecting sightlines so you end up lying prone for literally minutes at a time. It's the kind of bad trial and error "stealth" you would expect from the stealth sections in non-stealth games. Unless you just throw magazines everywhere, but I don't think that's allowed.

Tried to do a no weapons trial in Ground Zeroes but the avoidance stealth in this game is not at all interesting. Guards stand still in too many places and have too many intersecting sightlines so you end up lying prone for literally minutes at a time. It's the kind of bad trial and error "stealth" you would expect from the stealth sections in non-stealth games. Unless you just throw magazines everywhere, but I don't think that's allowed.
You're allowed to do hold ups on a No weapons trial.

Skullface

I love this theme. As great as it is though, it's no original MGS theme.

I know the PW theme plays in the helicopter and all, but I definitely think it's too "heroic" to feature in its current form in V as the main theme. OG MGS THEME CONFIRMED??

Is it strange that the original invoked a sense of national pride within me?

I just noticed that I wrote "Diamod Dogs" instead of "Diamond Dogs" on that one avatar.
Also there are the previous avatars included, but updated! I made "improvements" on the previous, whoever has them, decide for yourself if you like the update. Enjoy!

*snip*

These are excellent.

109344c.png

Mind if I use this one?

Maybe I'm alone in this - but I really don't think that the MGS theme sounds identical to Georgy Sviridov's "Pushkin's Garland". It's got a similarity to be sure, but it could be just a simple coincidence. Maybe TAPPY heard it a long time ago and his brain resonated with a memory of it during composition of the MGS main theme in 1997.

It's dissimilar enough to be used again in MGSV if Kojima wanted to utilize it for whatever reason.

Is it wrong to be irritated towards the two Russian gentlemen that approached Kojima with the situation in the first place and feel like they were just out to cause a problem?

NeoGiff

Maybe I'm alone in this - but I really don't think that the MGS theme sounds identical to Georgy Sviridov's "Pushkin's Garland". It's got a similarity to be sure, but it could be just a simple coincidence. Maybe TAPPY heard it a long time ago and his brain resonated with a memory of it during composition of the MGS main theme in 1997.

It's dissimilar enough to be used again in MGSV if Kojima wanted to utilize it for whatever reason.

Is it wrong to be irritated towards the two Russian gentlemen that approached Kojima with the situation in the first place and feel like they were just out to cause a problem?

I think this was discussed a dew pages back, but that was definitely a dick move on their part. They just sprung it on him. What other reason could they have had in raising it other than to stir some shit?

Skullface

I think this was discussed a dew pages back, but that was definitely a dick move on their part. They just sprung it on him. What other reason could they have had in raising it other than to stir some shit?

You could look at it that way. But how often do you have an opportunity to directly inform a developer of a potential mistake? Carpe Diem

It's close enough that Kojima probably just wants to move away from it. I mean, there probably wasn't much chance of there being any lawsuits but it still clearly bothered Kojima especially with how he was blindsided in that video. It was pretty shitty what they did, yea.

It was pretty shitty what they did, yea.

You can just feel the sick feeling coming over Kojima as the translator explains the situation - realizing that he is now in a very awkward moment.

On a side note, I am reading now that KojiPro are only going to announce the release window soon, not the release date - is this correct?

So like Q2/Q3 then? At the most, hopefully Q2?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
You can just feel the sick feeling coming over Kojima as the translator explains the situation - realizing that he is now in a very awkward moment.

On a side note, I am reading now that KojiPro are only going to announce the release window soon, not the release date - is this correct?

So like Q2/Q3 then? At the most, hopefully Q2?

I though we already knew that the release window was early 2015? Why announce that again? It's probably going to be the release date and it was a bad translation.

I though we already knew that the release window was early 2015? Why announce that again? It's probably going to be the release date and it was a bad translation.

I hope it was simply a bad translation; but release window sounds like Q1-4, since we already know the release year is 2015.

Vally

I don't think it's a mistranslation, both Gematsu and JunkerHQ have translated it as 'window' instead of date. They will probably confirm if it's Q2/Q3 or whatever

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They will announce the release window for the release date announcement
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

sexyelder

I don't think it's a mistranslation, both Gematsu and JunkerHQ have translated it as 'window' instead of date. They will probably confirm if it's Q2/Q3 or whatever

I can't seem them just announcing the window. They said that their in the phase just before checking for bugs, and that stuff can't take more than a few short months right? To be optimistic I see V coming in 4-5 months in my opinion.

I can't seem them just announcing the window. They said that their in the phase just before checking for bugs, and that stuff can't take more than a few short months right? To be optimistic I see V coming in 4-5 months in my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree - but I'll be nervous about the release date until I know when it is.

there are two things that i'm pretty sure about this topic:

(1) those guys are major douchebags for blindsiding kojima like that

(2) the theme was completely and utterly ripped-off. it's not similar, it's not coincidental, it's a rip-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom