• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of arguments I've had with people on twitter saying this about the chicken hat, I've given up now haha.

Yeah, dude, I know! Like, it's OPTIONAL, too!! XD

Ludonarrarive dissonance.

:lol :lol :lol

People don't even know what that means, and throw it around all the time with Metal Gear -- METAL GEAR, of all games, which actually makes you feel like garbage for killing unlike any other game out there.

Also (from a year-and-a-half ago):
@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:
I want to do 3D capture Ryan Gosling and Norman Reedus and make game with them.

I've found that even if something is completely optional in a game, people will still complain about it. It's pretty stupid but there you go.

Yeah, exactly... Like, what the hell? If you don't like something, then avoid it! It seems that people will have quite a bit of freedom to avoid things in the game that they don't like, yet they still get their bitch on to no end. There was a thread around TGS based on Kojima's statement that players could avoid characters like Quiet and Code Talker depending on how they played, and there were people who were talking about how much they wanted nothing to do with Quiet, and it was so dumb. Why would you play a game and not maximize what you get out of that game? Especially when the reasons for not looking to learn her story boil down to "how she's dressed," even though Kojima stated she's the antithesis to under-dressed characters from games like DOA.

Ryan_MSF

Yeah, exactly... Like, what the hell? If you don't like something, then avoid it! It seems that people will have quite a bit of freedom to avoid things in the game that they don't like, yet they still get their bitch on to no end. There was a thread around TGS based on Kojima's statement that players could avoid characters like Quiet and Code Talker depending on how they played, and there were people who were talking about how much they wanted nothing to do with Quiet, and it was so dumb. Why would you play a game and not maximize what you get out of that game? Especially when the reasons for not looking to learn her story boil down to "how she's dressed," even though Kojima stated she's the antithesis to under-dressed characters from games like DOA.

I genuinely believe half the people coming out with shit like this aren't even fans of the game to begin with, which makes the stupid statements even more pointless to begin with.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima loves Drive.

Avo34.jpg

I feel the same way about some of the complaints about The Twin Snakes. People always moan that you can go into first person mode and clear out a room easily. Well, yea, you can but why? That's boring. Try not using it. The people who complain about it always say the game wasn't designed with the first person mode in mind which is true so you literally never have to use it. I can admit it was shortsighted of the devs to make it so easy like that but you still never have to do it. I know there's many more problems that people have with TTS and that's fine, people don't like the cutscenes and so on. But the incredibly optional never forced to use FPS mode complaints always bothered me at least when you hear old fans using it. People who never played MGS1 don't know any better but old fan using it is weird. I'm not sure how this conversation turned into a pro-TTS argument but whatever :p

Ein Bear

Just sat down and fired Twin Snakes up.

I can never stop laughing when Baker talks about 'Materials Unaccounted For'. Snake's incredulous "MUF!?!" is hilarious.

Yes I'm a child.

Opto

Banned
I'm sorry bruh, the last thing I want to do is insult your waifu... But it was part of her job. Volgin, Snake, perhaps Sokolov... And that's just who we know. Wrap it twice dude, I hear she has a case of the anal leakage due to proctitis. Plus she's got fake boobs.

NzJSBDk.jpg

I couldn't find a screen shot with the full medical history, but here's a sample. Man, Kojima is one silly chap. I can't believe he actually put that stuff in the game lol.

She was a spy. That included seduction and unprotected sex to get information. I doubt you've ever called James Bond a skank

Dawg

I want to interview Kojima some day.

Half of my questions would involve "So, you tweeted this one thing 1,5 year ago..."

So this is why everyone is talking about Ryan Gosling in MGS

kojima has talked about gosling on twitter on more than one occasion. and kojima is pretty close with nicholas winding refn who directed drive and only god forgives with gosling.

it's not a name we just grabbed out of thin air :p

Skullface

So I've been engaged/lurking on the REmake thread, and I've noticed two things: a.Quite a few people from OuterGAF, b.Quite a few people with Metal Gear avatars that I can't ever recall seeing in OuterGAF.

Skullface

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Brother, we've got to rub our noses in bloody battlefield dirt. Just to convince Kojima we want this game!

I really hope we get some news this week. I'm going to be stuck indoors for the better part of this week because of a blizzard.

JayEH

I don't think Big Boss will experience any physical phantom pain in the game because of the robot arm. Just a random thought I'm having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom