• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

i got bored and made smugboss. Took me a couple of minutes.

TOM1goy.png

Can you do a smugsnake?
:smugface:

DrKelpo

Banned
What about 4?

I am going through my ps3 backlog at the moment and started replaying mgs 4 yesterday. It's the only main metal gear solid, i have only finished once so far. And about a couple hours in, I find myself less and less motivated to continue. The game just doesn't click with me... The writing, the gameplay, and the levels(at least at the beginning) ... It all feels kinda off. Btw.. I love mgs lore but Jesus, how much bowel movement stuff can you put in one scene.
I just think it's not a very very good game and I'm happy to see, Kojima got back on track with mgs 5.

Rajang

I am going through my ps3 backlog at the moment and started replaying mgs 4 yesterday. It's the only main metal gear solid, i have only finished once so far. And about a couple hours in, I find myself less and less motivated to continue. The game just doesn't click with me... The writing, the gameplay, and the levels(at least at the beginning) ... It all feels kinda off. Btw.. I love mgs lore but Jesus, how much bowel movement stuff can you put in one scene.
I just think it's not a very very good game and I'm happy to see, Kojima got back on track with mgs pw.

Fixed.

What happens is a fiery whale eats the XOF chopper just before it collides with the MSF one.

There is a theory (and actually a pretty good one), that the events in Ground Zeroes might be a VR Mission. You know like Raiden, he basically did the whole Shadow Moses mission in VR. So my guess is, we will see all these (cut) cutscenes how it really happened. Because there might be changes in the outcome. The user who did this VR Mission failed to find
the vagina bomb inside of Paz.
They are doing new voice recording for Paz and I doubt those are Tapes. I seriously believe she is still alive and this really was a VR Mission.

If this turns out to be wrong, I will feel pretty stupid.

Pinewood

Rewatched the chopper "crash" at the ending. The scene looks like it could go both ways. There seems to be enough distance between the coppers for it to be a close call, so...

Pinewood

There is a theory (and actually a pretty good one), that the events in Ground Zeroes might be a VR Mission. You know like Raiden, he basically did the whole Shadow Moses mission in VR. So my guess is, we will see all these (cut) cutscenes how it really happened. Because there might be changes in the outcome. The user who did this VR Mission failed to find
They are doing new voice recording for Paz and I doubt those are Tapes. I seriously believe she is still alive and this really was a VR Mission.

But what if GZ is from someone else's perspective(Skullface?) and TPP will retell the story from Snakes perspective?

That still wouldn't explain that shot of Snake's bleeding face.

But what if GZ is from someone else's perspective(Skullface?) and TPP will retell the story from Snakes perspective?

That could be possible aswell.

I think only Big Boss sees those "Phantoms" and either if this was a simulation or a different perspective of the events, those probably can't see them.

Or, Kojima is a troll and those "Phantoms" actually never appear in the final game.

Skullface

I whole heartedly believe the events of Ground Zeroes are not VR. I will be disappointed if they are.

Auctopus

I always liked the 4chan theory that GZ is actually a propaganda film, hence the weird film markings that people frequently mention.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
What about 4?

Play mgs 4 and then play peace walker. That way by the time MGS V rolls around the story is still fresh in your mind.

I can't currently since they took it off of PS Now and I don't have a PS3 anymore. I never got around to it when I had one as I didn't care for MGS2 back in the day, but gave it another go on Vita and just played in easy since I don't really like stealth games. Loved it that way since I could just enjoy the story and kill the guards when I fucked up sneaking.

Hopefully 4 will come back on PS Now, or them taking it down is due to plans for a PS4 port.

Pinewood

I always liked the 4chan theory that GZ is actually a propaganda film, hence the weird film markings that people frequently mention.

Any good links to the theory?

If this is another BB is actually voiced by Hayter thing then I don't even. Keefer is a top notch BB.

JayEH

That bloody face just seems to fit in perfectly with the beginning of TPP. He'd be all fucked up after the bomb and his facial expression indicates that he just saw a lot of shit go
down.

Ground Zeroes was the dream Chico had while having his sex change operation.

That would explain everything.

I just think it's not a very very good game and I'm happy to see, Kojima got back on track with mgs 5.

4 is the only game I have trouble going back to. Past Act 2 it really goes downhill.

Akiller

Looks like David Hayter Placed A Metal Gear Solid Easter Egg in Wolves

Voice actor and director David Hayter has recently confirmed a hidden video game Easter egg that he placed in the 2014 horror film Wolves.

Hayter, best known for his role as Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid franchise, was sent an image from Twitter user Cody Paugh regarding a certain object he spotted in the director’s film.

The object featured in the image is a license plate that has the words “Vic Boss” engraved on it, with Hayter saying that Cody is “the first to catch this.”

B8A5sTkCMAAZyZl.jpg:large

The phrase “Vic Boss” was used in Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker—a title that Hayter starred in as the voice of protagonist Big Boss—as the Sandinista soldiers start chanting the motto after they save Big Boss from KGB soldiers.

Hayter’s final appearance as the voice of Big Boss was in 2010’s Peace Walker, with Hideo Kojima opting for 24 star Kiefer Sutherland as the new voice actor in 2014’s Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

Starring Lucas Till, Jason Momoa and Stephen McHattie, Wolves was released on August 28th, 2014.

Skullface

I am lost for words.

I'm sorry bruh, the last thing I want to do is insult your waifu... But it was part of her job. Volgin, Snake, perhaps Sokolov... And that's just who we know. Wrap it twice dude, I hear she has a case of the anal leakage due to proctitis. Plus she's got fake boobs.

NzJSBDk.jpg

I couldn't find a screen shot with the full medical history, but here's a sample. Man, Kojima is one silly chap. I can't believe he actually put that stuff in the game lol.

I'm sorry bruh, the last thing I want to do is insult your waifu... But it was part of the job. Volgin, Snake, perhaps Sokolov... And that's just who we know. Wrap it twice dude, I hear she has a case of the anal leakage due to proctitis. Plus she's got fake boobs.

NzJSBDk.jpg

I couldn't find a screen shot with the full medical history, but here's a sample. Man, Kojima is one silly chap. I can't believe he actually put that stuff in the game lol.

yeah. i can't remember the tape, but there was one tape of kaz's backstory in PW where he rather strongly implied that his mother died from syphillis, and was possibly a prostitute at one point, i think

JayEH

Also not a fan of Eva.

I'm sorry bruh, the last thing I want to do is insult your waifu... But it was part of the job. Volgin, Snake, perhaps Sokolov... And that's just who we know. Wrap it twice dude, I hear she has a case of the anal leakage due to proctitis. Plus she's got fake boobs.

NzJSBDk.jpg

Lol there's a possibility he didn't personally add that. I heard somewhere that Kojima forces everyone on the team to put it Easter eggs (and really obscure ones too). That's why there's so many in the games.

Skullface

yeah. i can't remember the tape, but there was one tape of kaz's backstory in PW where he rather strongly implied that his mother died from syphillis, and was possibly a prostitute at one point, i think

It's in the Metal Gear Wiki. Kaz was conceived as a result of her work. Syphilis can go the brain and make you loopy, ultimately killing you. Since Kaz's mom went crazy, was a prostitute, and died of an illness, I think it's safe to say that's how she went.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's in the Metal Gear Wiki. Kaz was conceived as a result of her work. Syphilis can go the brain and make you loopy, ultimately killing you.

Syphilis is pretty fascinating. Caught early enough, a simple injection of penicillin can cure it. If you leave, it becomes incurable, distorting your skeleton, rotting your flesh, driving you mad, and solidifying your spine.

There is a theory (and actually a pretty good one), that the events in Ground Zeroes might be a VR Mission.

I dunno, it'd be going over old ground for Kojima. VR was important thematically for MGS2 but I'm not seeing the fit here. What would be the point? Plus, VR has never popped up in BB era MGS. It seems a little too anachronistic even with the iDroid about.

I could be wrong, of course.

That's because she was a skank and we know what she looks like when she gets old.

That's a bit much.

Skullface

Sorry, it's a term that really grinds my (metal) gears. Fictional character though, so who cares?

It's all good. It is on the harsher side of terms you could use. Generally I'd usually use the term promiscuous to describe someone, regardless of the level of promiscuity, when discussing a real person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom