• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

Did you guys not play Ground Zeroes and see the XOF patches? Or am I missing the point of the conversation?

You're missing the point. It's most likely nothing, but here's the deal:

This is a shot of the soldier throwing the patches in Ground Zeroes
maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a prerelease shot of the same scene:
metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_la_01.jpg

Notice a difference?

DOWN

Banned
Yeah, gotcha. I got confused as to what the question was when there was discussion of what patches look like on the back that seemed to ignore the deliberate XOF notation

But yeah, I'd guess it was a potential design for either a special patch for skull face or it's just an old version of the front of the patch

brau

Isn't the red and black FOX logo the LA studio one?

Might have something to do with that. In the dejavu mission the logos appear for both JP and LA studio. Each with its different color palette. LA is red and black.

Skullface

Yeah, gotcha. I got confused as to what the question was when there was discussion of what patches look like on the back that seemed to ignore the deliberate XOF notation

But yeah, I'd guess it was a potential design for either a special patch for skull face or it's just an old version of the front of the patch

Yeah, I definitely see the potential for confusion given the nature of it. I thought that it was just the back of the patch, but then there was a better shot of the patch from the same prerelease set and the "F" is facing the correct direction. If it really was the back, the "F" would be mirrored. It was probably on purpose. Maybe they originally planed on having one "FOX" patch out of the 9 patches for you to find.

Isn't the red and black FOX logo the LA studio one?

Might have something to do with that. In the dejavu mission the logos appear for both JP and LA studio. Each with its different color palette. LA is red and black.

Good catch. Might have a been a nod to their LA team.

sexyelder

maxresdefault.jpg

Notice a difference?

Its just the colors are identical to a FOX patch. Maybe its a hint at something I don't know.

Pinewood

I'm thinking your right. You're pretty good
MGSV-E3-Trailer-Revolver-Ocelot.jpg

I think Brau has a good theory on it. It was either a nod to or hint at Kojipro LA. Or ultimately, MGO3.

Man MGO needs this salute. With sound.

*spawns on server*
*2 other players also from Outer Gaf, all have
leuhkikcskn4.gif
patches*
*Get loadouts ready*
*start match*
*others start booking it towards the objective*
*Outer Gaf stands in a circle, spams "You're pretty good"*
*opponents win*
*teammates rage*
*someone says "They're pretty good" in the team chat*
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Jindrax

Man MGO needs this salute. With sound.

*spawns on server*
*2 other players also from Outer Gaf, all have
leuhkikcskn4.gif
patches*
*Get loadouts ready*
*start match*
*others start booking it towards the objective*
*Outer Gaf stands in a circle, spams "You're pretty good"*
*opponents win*
*teammates rage*
*someone says "They're pretty good" in the team chat*
leuhkikcskn4.gif

That was... pretty good.

sexyelder

I downloaded GZ Big Boss onto Garry's Mod... and i looked under the eye patch... Two eyes. Ill upload a pic of it later. The model was ripped straight from GZ, its definitely just a thing that has to do with making models, i just thought it was funny.

maxresdefault.jpg

Notice a difference?

That was from a special mission designed for the press covering GZ before its TGS gameplay presentations. Snake's mission was to recover the red Koji Pro patch.

brau

I downloaded GZ Big Boss onto Garry's Mod... and i looked under the eye patch... Two eyes. Ill upload a pic of it later. The model was ripped straight from GZ, its definitely just a thing that has to do with making models, i just thought it was funny.

are you trying to say the eye patch is only for show?
JK

Lernaean

Banned
Just saw the new The Witcher 3 gameplay, the game looks very good but the best running animation is still this:
22qsp4qouvy.gif

Well, i watched it too and i can say MGSV looks better regardless. The characters first and foremost look much more lifelike and yes indeed the animations are not even comparable.

sexyelder

NEW: Big Boss = Chico Theory... Big Boss + G = Bigg Boss = Indian Reality TV Show..
Chico is Costa Rican... Costa Rico = India because the Indians migrated from India to North America during the ice age and then later to central America. ALSO in Peace Walker Chico wanted Snake's cigar. And were is Chico in TPP??? He is Big Boss

brau

NEW: Big Boss = Chico Theory... Big Boss + G = Bigg Boss = Indian Reality TV Show..
Chico is Costa Rican... Costa Rico = India because the Indians migrated from India to North America during the ice age and then later to central America. ALSO in Peace Walker Chico wanted Snake's cigar. And were is Chico in TPP??? He is Big Boss

giphy.gif

sexyelder

I used to think that TPP was like a pie Kojima was baking in the oven, but now I realize that we are the ones in the oven, Kojima is making us tender and ready for TPP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I know you haven't slept much Sn4ku, but you should know what's coming on saturday :p

Where is the source that says we get new info on saturday? I know that the Tapei Game Show is on January 31 but it's confirmed there won't be any live stream.

Batzi

Banned
Where is the source that says we get new info on saturday? I know that the Tapei Game Show is on January 31 but it's confirmed there won't be any live stream.
Dude if the show is on Saturday then new info will be coming out of the show on that day. Whether we get it the moment it comes out or later it doesn't matter. Someone will leak it.

Skullface

There's supposed to be new info revealed regardless. We'll probably get some pr from Konami following the event.

ayyyy

Akiller

That's true, but there could be a little new gameplay therere anyway.If it'll be something important i guess we'll know about that soon, otherwise we'll have to wait for February Kojima Station.

Sn4ke_911

But we still get the info, ya ding-dong!

Dude if the show is on Saturday then new info will be coming out of the show on that day. Whether we get it the moment it comes out or later it doesn't matter. Someone will leak it.

There's supposed to be new info revealed regardless. We'll probably get some pr from Konami following the event.

That's true, but there could be a little new gameplay therere anyway.If it'll be something important i guess we'll know about that soon, otherwise we'll have to wait for February Kojima Station.

What if that new info is only shared via BEHIND CLOSED DOORS same as E3? and is for press only and that new information is behind a fat embargo??

YA DINGI DONGA DANGAS!

Don't blame Sn4ku guys... he's in... zombie modus today
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Yeah, staying up this late was probably not the best idea haha. I almost fell asleep today at work lol.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

This is an old image from before Ground Zeroes' s release. I was just wondering if anyone has explained it yet. It doesn't look Photoshoped because you can see the light and shadows on the patch.

It was an old demo where the objective was to get a Kojima Studious LA patch, nothing more.

Chico is Nicaraguan :/

Skullface

What if that new info is only shared via BEHIND CLOSED DOORS same as E3? and is for press only and that new information is behind a fat embargo??

YA DINGI DONGA DANGAS!

Yeah, staying up this late was probably not the best idea haha. I almost fell asleep today at work lol.

B-believe? ;_;

YA DINGI DONGA DANGAS!

You really wanna go down this road, Sn4ke_911?!
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

It's a live stage event - press (and public?) will be attending! We will get the INFO, no question! The footage, we probably won't see until Kojima Station 33... But we will get the info on Saturday!

Sn4ke_911

You really wanna go down this road, Sn4ke_911?!
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

It's a live stage event - press (and public?) will be attending! We will get the INFO, no question! The footage, we probably won't see until Kojima Station 33... But we will get the info on Saturday!

We'll get something somehow. That's how it is and you know that.

FITE ME IRL

Sure, I hope you guys know that if Kojima didn't want to show us the E3 behind closed doors demo just a few weeks after the event we still wouldn't have seen it right? because shit like that doesn't just "leak" Kojima and Konami are way too professional now.

All we need is one guy to capture MGS footage, bro. I'm sure someone will do it.

There was not one leaked phone camera video from the E3 behind closed doors presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom