• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexyelder

Im being serious right now, what if Kojima pulls off some alternate reality bullshit and kills off Big Boss at the end, or anyone with significance to the series? Or maybe since The Phantom Pain does involve nukes perhaps your decision in the game could lead to nuclear war. Kojima does like to push boundaries..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Im being serious right now, what if Kojima pulls off some alternate reality bullshit and kills off Big Boss at the end, or anyone with significance to the series? Or maybe since The Phantom Pain does involve nukes perhaps your decision in the game could lead to nuclear war. Kojima does like to push boundaries..

One thing is for sure, there will be a huge twist in the game no one sees coming.

Troy Baker said something like "The game is good but man it's different and i'm really curious to see how fans react to this"

Skullface

you bet.

got a bet going with someone from HR saying Albany won't get hit.

But they already cancelled around 1500 flights in NYC.

Any GAF on the east tho.. stay warm and safe through it.

I'm just out of Boston. I'm technically in Middlesex County, but I could literally stand on my front porch, throw a rock, and it would land in Suffolk county. From what I've seen, looks like you guys aren't in for much more than a foot (unless you were in Manhattan). Either way, it's going to be a huge headache. We might get up to 3 feet before it's over. -_- Best of luck to you brau. Stay warm.

One game mechanic that I wish were in all MGS games -- and especially MGSV, since every one of the game mechanics have been improve by a landslide -- is that when you hold up a guard, there's an option to make him walk forward, or perhaps whatever direction Snake is walking.

It certainly won't ruin the experience for me, but it would have been so incredibly cool/useful to implement that mechanic.

Skullface

One game mechanic that I wish were in all MGS games -- and especially MGSV, since every one of the game mechanics have been improve by a landslide -- is that when you hold up a guard, there's an option to make him walk forward, or perhaps whatever direction Snake is walking.

It certainly won't ruin the experience for me, but it would have been so incredibly cool/useful to implement that mechanic.

That would be might handy eh? At least in V you can throw a guard over your shoulder and move quickly, as opposed to every other game where you have to drag them.

JayEH

I'm just out of Boston. I'm technically in Middlesex County, but I could literally stand on my front porch, throw a rock, and it would land in Suffolk county. From what I've seen, looks like you guys aren't in for much more than a foot (unless you were in Manhattan). Either way, it's going to be a huge headache. We might get up to 3 feet before it's over. -_- Best of luck to you brau. Stay warm.

Must suck to live up there this time of year. I'm expecting 1-2 inches tops in VA.

Must suck to live up there this time of year. I'm expecting 1-2 inches tops in VA.

I'll give you 1-2 inches tops in VA or anywhere else.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Imo this would make things too complicated and ruin the flow of the game a bit. You tell him to go forward then what? you need more options... turn left or right ... nah man too complicated and useless. You can drag guards after you "neutralisted" them wherever you want.

brau

Same man. take pictures :)

i am hoping for a lot of snow here. gotta get my sledding time in. so far i've been sledding once.

Skullface

I bet business and schools will close as a result :p I was in Hendersonville, TN a few winters ago and businesses literally closed hours early as a result of an inch, inch and a half. Knowing that there's no possible way we get under a foot, I'm still waiting for my school to announce class cancellation. Additionally, I work for a school bus company and I'm waiting for other towns to close to find out if I need to work tomorrow. I wish we closed shit up over a couple inches lol.

Same man. take pictures :)

i am hoping for a lot of snow here. gotta get my sledding time in. so far i've been sledding once.

You bet dude. We already have an inch or so on the ground as primer from Saturday's storm lol

JayEH

I wouldn't really see any big uses for this. The only place this would be useful is in MGS2 where you have to use the retinal scan.

sexyelder

Imo this would make things too complicated and ruin the flow of the game a bit. You tell him to go forward then what? you need more options... turn left or right ... nah man too complicated and useless. You can drag guards after you "neutralisted" them wherever you want.

I think he ment holding up a guard and wherever you walk he'll be in front of you. So you can use him to get around other guards.

JayEH

I'll give you 1-2 inches tops in VA or anywhere else.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I bet business and schools will close as a result :p I was in Hendersonville, TN a few winters ago and businesses literally closed hours early as a result of an inch, inch and a half. Knowing that there's no possible way we get under a foot, I'm still waiting for my school to announce class cancellation. Additionally, I work for a school bus company and I'm waiting for other towns to close to find out if I need to work tomorrow. I wish we closed shit up over a couple inches lol.

I doubt anything will close here. Maybe school will get a delay at most. It snows here quite often just not as much as in the NE.

brau

The Fury was a pretty cool boss fight. Seeing him fly around that large hall.

Intense as fuck.

It was my fav fight in that game.
After the last one with the Boss.

oh yea...
What happened to liking your previous avatar and not wanting to change it?

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Jindrax

guys guys xD had to post this.
Gf just asked me: "if you could choose between having that new Metal Gear game now, but you can't have sex for 6 months. Or sex 4 times a week for 6 months and wait for Metal Gear"

I changed the subject because answering that honestly would make me look like a weirdo... But seriously? Metal Gear RIGHT NOW

Dawg

It was my fav fight in that game.
After the last one with the Boss.

oh yea...
What happened to liking your previous avatar and not wanting to change it?

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I changed it because System Error actually managed to surprise me. I promised him I wouldn't keep it though.

Not sure what avatar I'll go for next. Probably returning to my previous one. None of the other avatars really fit my dog persona and someone else already took DD ;P

MrS

Banned
The Fury was a pretty cool boss fight. Seeing him fly around that large hall.

Intense as fuck.
Definitely one of the best boss fights of the series. The atmosphere and graphics (at the time) were incredible. Still one of my favourites.

JayEH

Gf just asked me: "if you could choose between having that new Metal Gear game now, but you can't have sex for 6 months. Or sex 4 times a week for 6 months and wait for Metal Gear"

I changed the subject because answering that honestly would make me look like a weirdo... But seriously? Metal Gear RIGHT NOW

Playing a new Metal Gear for the first time is the equivalent of climaxing.

brau

tumblr_n6w9n0fpDR1t4wuoro1_250.gif

LOL!

Thats thin ice territory rigth there.
you did the right thing tho :D

There is no better feeling than busting that
MGSV packaging open

Dawg

picture of your girlfriend please

need it to judge

Would you still be allowed to jack off?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

have sex with metal gear 6 months

Javier23

Banned
I certainly wouldn't mind if you could have the possibility to win a final boss fight against Solid Snake and the ending cutscene then involved a deranged Big Boss executing an agonizing Snake after he killed half of his staff, getting into Metal Gear while reciting the traditional MGS final monologue, and nuking the hell out of who knows where.
Yep, I have a lot of free time to dedicate to my imagination.

The thing is, the whole story arc of the series is already over and satisfingly so. Not only I wouldn't mind it, but I would love to have Kojima just go truly nuts with this one.

Dawg

Everyone expecting to play as Solid Snake at the end.

Kojima will pull a "didju rike it?" and give you playable Liquid Snake instead, after training him as Big Boss the entire game.

JayEH

Everyone expecting to play as Solid Snake at the end.

Kojima will pull a "didju rike it?" and give you playable Liquid Snake instead, after training him as Big Boss the entire game.

That would be cooler. Liquid is the superior twin after all.

Lernaean

Banned
Wait! So i missed the release for TPP by a year?

How was it?

Sex is overrated anyway.

Skullface

yeah, i'm on the med campus though (dental school) so it's quite rare that they actually cancel anything or close the clinics. it's probably the 2nd time it's happened in the last 2+ years

It's funny, I knew this because they're the only Boston college on the closure list. That is rare indeed.

Skullface

we're the only one? wow. the governor issued a state of emergency. you still have to go tomorrow?

They updated the list. Bunker Hill made the cut. Malden, which is where I work, canceled school for the rest of the week. Eek. That means no work for the rest of the week. Where are you Phantom Pain?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom