• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

2vrdg5c4.png
ok9xctnw.png

Not, my best work though, I might actually update it, once I get some sleep, because it ain't really a cocktease right?
Right?
jmecztao.gif

5e6.gif

Theory: What if Metal Gear Solid V picks up where Metal Gear Solid 2 ended? There are many theories about Ground Zeroes being a VR simulation but what people fail to realize is Skullface. During Metal Gear Solid 2 the Patriot AI that was mimicking Cambell began to take the shape of a Skull, which could be described as a "Skullface". Could MGS V really be a true sequel that takes place after MGS 4 or atleast 2? This is supposedly Kojima's last Metal Gear game, and Kojima has basically wrapped everything up except the Patriot's AI.

this has been a theory for every MGS game since 2, not.gonna.happen.

Stahp. VR theory ok, but after MGS2 nonsense stahp.

I think the development of VR will at least be mentioned in Phantom Pain, but as an important plot point? I don't think so. People tend to hate that "it was all a dream" nonsense.

Skullface

But doesnt Kojima love to tick us off? :3

Right you are. But if this turns out to be the case, I think it's the first time I'd feel some animosity towards his trickery.
I'll play the hell out of it regardless ;_;

Tinfoil hate time: What if the Paz in Ground Zeroes was a phony? Decoy Octopussy?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

(James Bond reference to those who think I'm being overly vulgar :p)

JayEH

My list for game of the generation so far is:

1. MGS3
2. MGS2

I may add others but I didn't play many games during the PS2 era. (Though I guess I didn't play MGS until '09).

JayEH

Shit, I can't believe I didn't mention DMC1. That game was INCREDIBLE at the time. I haven't played it for years. I wonder if still holds up.

It does. Played it 2 weeks ago. Some things are dated though like the weapon switching and checkpoint system.

JayEH

Truth be told, I never played DMC3. Should I pick up the HD Collection?

Edit:

I'm going on a shopping spree when I get my tax return. I guess you've convinced me to add that to my list.

HD collection is pretty good but it has some flaws like all the menus still being a a 4:3 aspect ratio.

DMC3 is absolutely incredible. It's worth picking it up just for that.

brau

Truth be told, I never played DMC3. Should I pick up the HD Collection?

Edit:

I'm going on a shopping spree when I get my tax return. I guess you've convinced me to add that to my list.

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!?

go get it man. DMC3 is the best entry in the series. Hands down. Anyone who disagrees, i can fight.

Kinda jealous tho. You get to play through 3.

I dunno if the HD version is any good. I bought it on steam and i dunn think it plays well. So i just keep my ps2 version handy.

Skullface

Have you a PS2? If yes, then not.

HD collection is pretty good but it has some flaws like all the menus still being a a 4:3 aspect ratio.

DMC3 is absolutely incredible. It's worth picking it up just for that.

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!?

go get it man. DMC3 is the best entry in the series. Hands down. Anyone who disagrees, i can fight.

Kinda jealous tho. You get to play through 3.

I dunno if the HD version is any good. I bought it on steam and i dunn think it plays well. So i just keep my ps2 version handy.

I don't have a ps2 so I'm going to just bite the bullet. God, remember when ps2 graphics were absolutely awe inspiring?

brau

I don't have a ps2 so I'm going to just bite the bullet. God, remember when ps2 graphics were absolutely awe inspiring?

:(

PS2 is the way to go. Maybe emulate it? As long as you can play it with a controller. Steam version looks great. But i didn't look too much into controller support.

JayEH

:(

PS2 is the way to go. Maybe emulate it? As long as you can play it with a controller. Steam version looks great. But i didn't look too much into controller support.

HD collection is fine and for the price of DMC3 for PS2 he can get all three two games in the series.

Was the Chico is Quiet theory a serious theory? Like did someone actually believe that and say "Yes this sounds like it is possible"? I thought it was a troll but I saw it a couple of other places and now I'm not so sure.

brau

Was the Chico is Quiet theory a serious theory? Like did someone actually believe that and say "Yes this sounds like it is possible"? I thought it was a troll but I saw it a couple of other places and now I'm not so sure.

Some of the arguments sound very compelling. But no way he can be Quiet.

Or is it?

I have way too much time to think about it with no other announcements or release date.

Vally

I think it started as a troll theory on 4chan, but then it spread to other sites and people began to take it seriously. Personally I don't think it was that far-fetched and it sounded like something Kojima would do, but anyway they have already confirmed Chico isn't Quiet.

brau

I think it started as a troll theory on 4chan, but then it spread to other sites and people began to take it seriously. Personally I don't think it was that far-fetched and it sounded like something Kojima would do, but anyway they have already confirmed Chico isn't Quiet.

It was debunked? i missed this. Source?

brau

Never saw that interview. But thats good. I didn't think the whole thing would pan out. But like others had said. It was well argumented, and i think we can expect Kojima to do something like that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You seem personally offended lol. At least this theory had some weight to it.

I seem personally offended because I used the word "fucking"? are we back in kindergarten or what?

some weight lol give me a break. As much weight as the Gray Fox theory brosef, not more.

Skullface

Never saw that interview. But thats good. I didn't think the whole thing would pan out. But like others had said. It was well argumented, and i think we can expect Kojima to do something like that.

I have to say, when I first read up on the theory a long time ago, my stomach sank. It sank because I thought, "Shit... There might be something to this... Koooojiiimmmaaaa!!"

I seem personally offended because I used the word "fucking"? are we back in kindergarten or what?

some weight lol give me a break. As much weight as the Gray Fox theory brosef, not more.

I get what he's saying Sn4ke. There's been a lot of edge in this thread, or there was a bit last Saturday. In your defense, I didn't think you meant anything by it. Tone is always difficult to read in text based communication.

Also, both theories are bunk lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom