• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

Using the phantom cigar a lot should come at a cost imo

You have a limited amount of cigars

ibL8IbpSxRXSU.JPG

You have a limited amount of cigars

Did not know that's?! plus the soldiers adapt to your gameplay like for instance headshots results in soldiers wearing a steel cap but Ive been wondering if your gaming habits tend to effect the patrol patterns? for example sneaking all the time during the night instead of daylight would it cause some type of behavior change?

Vally

Did not know that's?! plus the soldiers adapt to your gameplay like for instance headshots results in soldiers wearing a steel cap but Ive been wondering if your gaming habits tend to effect the patrol patterns? for example sneaking all the time during the night instead of daylight would it cause some type of behavior change?

Yeah, it would be cool if the game took note of the player always infilitrating at night and had the enemies wear night vision goggles to increase visibility, for example

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Heres a serious topic. Did you guys think Ground Zeroes was worth the money?

Personally yes because ive put like 30 hours into that shit.

Yes, I've played and enjoyed Ground Zeroes more than I've enjoyed full $60 "long" games like Bioshock Infinite or Grand Theft Auto V

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if you can roll around in horse shit?

if you can then maybe flies will follow you and soldiers can smell you then you get dysentery and you spend the rest of the game shitting yourself to death and then omg you are johnny's real dad and diarrhoea is now hereditary thanks obama

Skullface

Daigo Vs Gamerbee should be interesting! hopefully it's not some combofeind/mike ross situation that gameplay was just bad at capcom cup smh.. I just want some new mechanics on display and maybe more charlie but let's see!

Nah snow was relatively non-existent in Manhattan lol how did you get the horn? Plane crash?

Close... Helicopter crash
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe us going insane is all part of Kojima's meta game. He wants us to feel the 9-year coma.

Using the phantom cigar a lot should come at a cost imo

I'm curious if it can affect mission outcomes. Ocelot claims that Kaz has about 3 days tops at the beginning of the E3 demo mission. I wonder if using the Cigar can affect something that big.

While I doubt it, since the Africa missions shows him using it for about 3 days (meaning Quiet lay in position for 3 days straight), then complete the mission, it may still be able to affect some things similar to The End's old age in MGS 3 or similar.

Slowdive

Banned
The recent financial results threads just reminded me, if there isn't any announcement at Taipei, there should be a release window for TPP in Konami's results soon. We should have something more concrete compared to last year's one.

The recent financial results threads just reminded me, if there isn't any announcement at Taipei, there should be a release window for TPP in Konami's results soon. We should have something more concrete compared to last year's one.

I think TGPS could give us the window. Not holding out hope, but it's certainly possible. No matter what, we'll have something new on Saturday!

brau

I'm curious if it can affect mission outcomes. Ocelot claims that Kaz has about 3 days tops at the beginning of the E3 demo mission. I wonder if using the Cigar can affect something that big.

While I doubt it, since the Africa missions shows him using it for about 3 days (meaning Quiet lay in position for 3 days straight), then complete the mission, it may still be able to affect some things similar to The End's old age in MGS 3 or similar.

I believe they talk about this in one of the dev commentary playthroughs. They say it does affect it. As far as i can remember.

Batzi

Banned
Virtual lung cancer. BB is part robot now.

Using the phantom cigar numerous times would result in mission failure. For instance, BB has 3 days to rescue Kaz. Using the cigar in this case might trigger Kaz' death eventually which is a Time Paradox.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah seems to me that overuse of the Phantom Cigar will give a game over in the kaz intel mission and such, so that you can't just get into a position and then cycle to a time of day that doesn't have guards patrolling the area and repeat. It also locks certain missions to a fixed time, I'm guessing the Kaz rescue mission in the E3 trailer has a time limit of 1 day so you can't use the cigar.

Harpuia

Is it me or does the soldier AI in MGS4 feel dumber? Been playing through the entire series over the last few weeks, and I feel like I've been getting away with staring at soldiers 5 feet away way more than I did playing 3 or even 2. They don't seem to be searching the area as extensively as in MGS3.

Using the phantom cigar numerous times would result in mission failure. For instance, BB has 3 days to rescue Kaz. Using the cigar in this case might trigger Kaz' death eventually which is a Time Paradox.

yeah, i'm pretty sure kojima stated as such at some point

Batzi

Banned
On a separate note, if you'd like to pass time till TPP comes out I'd highly recommend playing "Puyo Puyo Tetris". I recorded a gameplay last night, you could see it here: You will have so much fun! Trust me!

I need people to join me in this game and I can not imagine anyone other than my fellow MGS-GAF friends!

Rajang

Interesting.

tumblr_mdqtugEhgt1qlskbko1_500.png

Hahahahaha, what a legend.

Is it me or does the soldier AI in MGS4 feel dumber? Been playing through the entire series over the last few weeks, and I feel like I've been getting away with staring at soldiers 5 feet away way more than I did playing 3 or even 2. They don't seem to be searching the area as extensively as in MGS3.

Eh, no. MGS3 has one of the worst AI of the console MGS games. They toned down the difficulty and the AI significantly from MGS2 to MGS3. Peace Walker has the worst AI but doesn't really count because it was designed for PSP hardware.

Opto

Banned

well we now know what one achievement will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom