• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexyelder

Kojima just uploaded a new pic of Helicopter Ride Simulator 201V, apparently you can sync the in game clock to match real world time, I think?

Batzi

Banned
Kojima just uploaded a new pic of Helicopter Ride Simulator 201V, apparently you can sync the in game clock to match real world time, I think?

No. It's not possible. 24 hours in MGSV are equivalent to 6 hours in real life. So syncing is not possible in this case. His tweet is only showing the resemblance between the two shots and nothing more.

FOX ... DIEEEEE!!!!!

Think again. Gosh, I'm so glad to be back in time ride the release date hype train with all of MGS GAF. Not too long now.

FOXALIVE. A great time for you to be back again.

They announced a release window already, why do it again? That's stupid and it's going to backfire on them.

They never announced a release window. The release window for GZ was Spring 2014.

Hey Dawg.
xfhsjbyq.png

Skullface

redbubble.com has some pretty boss Metal gear (see what I did there?) I got my daughter a onesie that said "Metal Gear Rex For President" to wear during the 2012 election year. Of course, it also had a picture of Rex on it. I got this pretty cool hoodie with the codec screen that had Snake and Otacon. They also have every logo, from the MSX Outer Heaven logo (which I wanted badly, but it has a manji symbol on it) to the Diamond Dog logo. You can get them in several shirt and hoody styles and colors.

For those who wonder what the manji symbol is and why I wouldn't wear a shirt with one on it, it's way too similar to a swastika.

Outer_Heaven_Logo_by_BigBoss1983.jpg

It's so cool, but I worry people would think I'm advertising a white power chapter :/

Dawg

A speed painting i did of DD.

Didn't end up doing a Pixel art oriented Avatar. But i like how this one was shaping up. I might retouch it later. If you want to use that as an avatar go for it.

I like this whole mgs painting.

wow

A speed painting i did of DD.

Didn't end up doing a Pixel art oriented Avatar. But i like how this one was shaping up. I might retouch it later. If you want to use that as an avatar go for it.

I like this whole mgs painting.

Isn't that just the oil painting option in photoshop?

brau

Isn't that just the oil painting option in photoshop?

I painted that one based on the img. i got another tweet from someone saying its a filter. (._. )

I think if you align them up you'll see things don't match... also the colors are different, and strokes are placed here and there.

But maybe that filter does a better job.

Some more paintings and stuff. for reference.
City Street
beach
Empty Corridor
Warehourses
Ghost dog lol

Godan

So is it best to do a mgs marathon by chronological order or by order of release?

I have only ever done it by order of release and thinking of doing a run in chronological order soon.

Skullface

So is it best to do a mgs marathon by chronological order or by order of release?

I have only ever done it by order of release and thinking of doing a run in chronological order soon.

I did a chronorun recently. It's rewarding, but jarring to go from GZ to MG. The good news is that when you go from MG2 to MGS, MGS feels less archaic. Then the following entities feel even more amazing. Full disclosure: I still haven't finished this run. I got interrupted by the HD REmake. Once I finish it, I only need to complete MGS4 and I'm done.

If you are willing for forgive some moderately tragic sound mixing this fan trailer is awesome.

Leading up to the release date it gets me so hyped. Metal Gear Solid V is going to be something else.

Wow, Zeppelin and MGS. That was fucking cool! I loved the pulsing schizophrenic nature of video, it worked really well with the music. Is that Immigrant Song remix from the intro to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

If you are willing for forgive some moderately tragic sound mixing this fan trailer is awesome.

Leading up to the release date it gets me so hyped. Metal Gear Solid V is going to be something else.

That was fantastic, the sound mixing was pretty shoddy but I was able to forgive it for that great fast cut editing.

Great song choice too, the Trent Reznor produced version of Immigrant song oozes personality,

I definitely started getting chills at the "NOT FOR LOVE, NOT FOR PEACE, NOT FOR JUSTICE" edits, even though the text looks whipped up in MS Paint it was really effective.

Skullface

That was fantastic, the sound mixing was pretty shoddy but I was able to forgive it for that great fast cut editing.

Great song choice too, the Trent Reznor produced version of Immigrant song oozes personality,

I definitely started getting chills at the "NOT FOR LOVE, NOT FOR PEACE, NOT FOR JUSTICE" edits, even though the text looks whipped up in MS Paint it was really effective.

Nice, I thought that's what that was.

Jindrax

I never noticed this before but rewatching the first TPP trailer.
This shit is super disturbing xD. I didn't notice it back then because I was looking for every hint that this was MGSV. But wow there's some weird shit going on in that trailer, never mind all the execution and stuff.
Also, looking at this now you can totally recognize the FOX engine :D

Godan

I did a chronorun recently. It's rewarding, but jarring to go from GZ to MG. The good news is that when you go from MG2 to MGS, MGS feels less archaic. Then the following entities feel even more amazing. Full disclosure: I still haven't finished this run. I got interrupted by the HD REmake. Once I finish it, I only need to complete MGS4 and I'm done.

Yeah think I may give it a bash then. Trying to hold out in doing a run just now though till we get a release date for MGS:V which seems like it could be soon.

Then again you can never play too much Metal Gear so might get this started this weekend.

This shit is super disturbing xD. I didn't notice it back then because I was looking for every hint that this was MGSV. But wow there's some weird shit going on in that trailer, never mind all the execution and stuff.

Really is a great trailer, even when I had no idea it was Metal Gear it looked super interesting. Looking back now It's hard to imagine I watched it and had NO idea it was Big Boss.

JayEH

That's the best trailer IMO.

Alienous

So I found this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/926596-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/41636817

It's a thread, dated 2/26/08, rejoicing the announcement of MGS4's release date, 6/12/08. If we get a release date on 1/31, could V/V/201V be feasible??

I figure if there's even a possibility that The Phantom Pain will be completed within a month of V/V/201V Kojima won't miss that golden chance for a global release date. Even if the game was projected for June, like MGS4, or if MGO3's release is delayed until after it, Kojima would surely just crack the whip.

brau

I figure if there's even a possibility that The Phantom Pain will be completed within a month of V/V/201V Kojima won't miss that golden chance for a global release date. Even if the game was projected for June, like MGS4, or if MGO3's release is delayed until after it, Kojima would surely just crack the whip.

V/V/201V would be amazing.

Skullface

Why do you guys want wait until may?

I've got some personal reasons to really really hope that this game comes out late next month. But realistically, I'm kind of expecting a summer release. Either way, I'm pretty confident we'll get a release date in no later than 30 days.

JayEH

I've got some personal reasons to really really hope that this game comes out late next month. But realistically, I'm kind of expecting a summer release. Either way, I'm pretty confident we'll get a release date in no later than 30 days.

Did you ever make that fan trailer you were working on?

So I found this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/926596-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/41636817

It's a thread, dated 2/26/08, rejoicing the announcement of MGS4's release date, 6/12/08. If we get a release date on 1/31, could V/V/201V be feasible??
The quality of GameFAQs posts really hasn't changed much in 7 years. Not that that one small thread is much to go by :p

Good theory though. I'm hopeful you're right because my guess on the release date gets later and later every day there's no announcement of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom