• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

wpid-nlwkfs.gif

As Dawg defected now to Persona, I am going to use my avatar now.
Though, I am not sure if I should wear a chicken hat. What do you guys say?
e7f8bbfy.png

Batzi

Banned
Maybe. On the other hand "soon" could mean anything in keeping-fans-hyped-talk. I'm trying not get hyped again here dude >.>.

But...it's rising again.
Well, we've been let down so many times now. Another one won't make much of a difference. However, I welcome any new information that comes out of TGS.

JayEH

Love, can you imagine a new story trailer being revealed at the Taipei Game Show featuring a new song and ending with "Coming V/V/2015"? The trailer also hints at Solid Snake. All this goodness in one trailer. What do you think?

You only get to keep one of those things. Choose wisely.

Love, can you imagine a new story trailer being revealed at the Taipei Game Show featuring a new song and ending with "Coming V/V/2015"? The trailer also hints at Solid Snake. All this goodness in one trailer. What do you think?

I would get :smugface: all over my keyboard. Oh, my God; please make it happen, Kojima-san!!!!!! And the song has to be the Deus Ex-like theme we heard in the TPP teaser after GZ's credits roll!

Hell no, if Solid is in the game I sure don't want to find out in a fucking trailer.

Jindrax

Internet would die

I would love a new song.

Or a Heavens Divide MGSV mix.

Didn't Ken say they would announce a release date at a worldwide event which makes me doubt if they will do it at Taipei which isn't even being streamed. But fuck logic. Release date incoming, fuck yeeesss!

Didn't Ken say they would announce a release date at a worldwide event which makes me doubt if they will do it at Taipei which isn't even being streamed. But fuck logic. Release date incoming, fuck yeeesss!

There's no such thing as a worldwide event. He said he'd utilise worldwide media or something like that. i.e. don't watch stupid shit in a language you don't understand, they'll make sure everyone knows.

a release window is coming soon not a release date, read the translated tweet by junkerhq https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet/status/558505615153451008

when konami announces a release date for games they do it 3 months before the game releases, whereas a release window can be "coming fall 2015", a release window =/= a release date, stop skyrocketing people's expectations because a website doesn't know or doesn't care about the difference between a release window and a release date, we do know the difference

As the game being actually finished aside from some fixes here and there, I don't see that they will do such a thing and merely drop a release window instead of a release date.

Batzi

Banned

Square Enix is teasing a PS4 exclusive to be shown at Taipei Game Show. SFV producer is teasing new footage and Kojima is teasing something too. It seems like a big show to me.

Batzi

Banned
That article is based on a tweet sent 6 days ago. Looks like only the autograph part is new.
https://twitter.com/kojima_pro/status/558492784420999168

So they said it 6 days ago, how does that change anything? If they said they will be announcing a release date soon it means they will announce it soon. What is soon to them? I don't know. As far as I'm concerned, soon is before mid-February. Destination Playstation is late Feb. while GDC is in March.

Batzi

Banned
a release window is coming soon not a release date, read the translated tweet by junkerhq https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet/status/558505615153451008

when konami announces a release date for games they do it 3 months before the game releases, whereas a release window can be "coming fall 2015", a release window =/= a release date, stop skyrocketing people's expectations because a website doesn't know or doesn't care about the difference between a release window and a release date, we do know the difference

They announced a release window already, why do it again? That's stupid and it's going to backfire on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom