• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

I also want it around that time, also this:

Metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes-610x1082.jpg

May is like the middle of the year, I wouldn't call that early 2015

Well that was an estimate last year that's probably shifted around. No way marketing is going to be ok with a month of marketing, regardless of how much exposure the game has had.

Skullface

Well that was an estimate last year that's probably shifted around. No way marketing is going to be ok with a month of marketing, regardless of how much exposure the game has had.

I agree with you, but I don't get it. This game literally doesn't need marketing at this point.

JayEH

Rough week, eh?

Where is Tora when are this thirsty for news? last time he debunked the whole release date soon on TaipeiGS.But now we think they will maybe release date soon there.

He said something about about some things are home runs and others are bunts. He wouldn't say which one Taipei was.

redbubble.com has some pretty boss Metal gear (see what I did there?) I got my daughter a onesie that said "Metal Gear Rex For President" to wear during the 2012 election year. Of course, it also had a picture of Rex on it. I got this pretty cool hoodie with the codec screen that had Snake and Otacon. They also have every logo, from the MSX Outer Heaven logo (which I wanted badly, but it has a manji symbol on it) to the Diamond Dog logo. You can get them in several shirt and hoody styles and colors.

For those who wonder what the manji symbol is and why I wouldn't wear a shirt with one on it, it's way too similar to a swastika.

It's so cool, but I worry people would think I'm advertising a white power chapter :/
That is Exactly what i was looking for.
Ordered the DD shirt. I think that is a swastika.

brau

I really really hope that they wouldn't delay PP is MGO falls behind. Just release PP, give everyone a beta (even people that didn't purchase PP as a means to reel them in) and release it at a later date.

I am ok with this. TPP comes first, and then later we get MGO.

Dawg

Guys, I'm making a slightly adjusted Nuclear trailer with different music.

I'll post it soon if anyone wants to see my crappy windows movie maker skillz :c

brau

I feel that if they are serious about MGO this time around that they need to have online up and going day 1 to establish a player base.
GTAV did this pretty well. Release the game. Online came later. Too bad that the game missed the heists for over a year now. But i still played both a lot, and the game had a good player base.

Dunno why day 1 would make for a better player base.

Skullface

That is Exactly what i was looking for.
Ordered the DD shirt. I think that is a swastika.

It's very similar to a swastika, but has a different orientation. The basic design of a swastika has been a religious symbol, from Buddhism to Christianity. Japan continues to use the symbol. From Metal Gear, to the Legend of Zelda, they even printed it on a Pokemon card. It has a different meaning there.

This is a photo from 1909 of a Navajo basketball team. For them, the symbol has something to do with a several day long spiritual ritual.

3458954346_19f4c064e0_o.jpg

Alienous

I feel that if they are serious about MGO this time around that they need to have online up and going day 1 to establish a player base.

GTA V didn't have release date parity with its online component, and I'm sure that would influence Kojima's decision making. And particularly with a different studio developing it I could see a separation in release dates, and perhaps even in how they are sold down the line (like with MGO in Japan).

Choomp

Banned
So, who here thinks Big Boss will straight up murder children in this one without mercy? Especially after what happened with Paz/Chico fiasco.

Man, thinking about this game's opening is really going to be something with all his hallucinations. I can't wait.

Yeah, I have a similar feeling. I'm excited to see what they do with the hallucinating and some of the other themes that're going to be in the game.

sexyelder

Im actually working on a documentary on Hideo Kojima, its about 10 minutes long right now :) im gunna upload in a few weeks or when TPP comes out.

Dawg

Remember when Sn4ke asked people if they have ever killed someone? Looks to me like he had experience. He played it off as a joke but I ain't taking any chances!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when Sn4ke asked people if they have ever killed someone? Looks to me like he had experience. He played it off as a joke but I ain't taking any chances!

i dont count spiders as people, sorry sn4ke

I really really hope that they wouldn't delay PP is MGO falls behind. Just release PP, give everyone a beta (even people that didn't purchase PP as a means to reel them in) and release it at a later date.

Agreed, between just the Mother Base multiplayer and the base game I think I'm set for at least 200 hours of gameplay (especially seeing that I've squeezed 40 out of GZ!) adding MGO ontop of that is just...overwhelming to think about right now.

Javier23

Banned
Just saying, I already quoted a while back the Community Manager of the Steam MGS sub-forums saying that Steam users could expect something new soon, unrelated to the recent patch. Perhaps there could really be a GZ early 2015 DLC?

Alienous

I am well aware of that. I was asking him how active... and to other peeps as well... they will be with the online features of Motherbase.

If you're asking if you'll be able to invade my Mother Base I will make sure I tick every checkbox to allow that. That's an open invitation to all of Outer GAF.

I dare anyone to try to steal from me. I'll seek retribution, just for revenge.

brau

If you're asking if you'll be able to invade my Mother Base I will make sure I tick every checkbox to allow that. That's an open invitation to all of Outer GAF.

I dare anyone to try to steal from me. I'll seek retribution, just for revenge.

I am very curious to see how things play out with this online feature and MB. I am also excited to play with you guys. I think it'll be alot of fun, and it will make the MGS thread a lot more fun with tales of invasions, deceit, and betrayal, and sheep.

Mother Base is my most anticipated feature of TPP. I am looking forward to what it has to offer than anything else. Making a base and either defending it from enemies or running around it with friends. Man, it's going to be awesome. Just to mess around on base, run around and CQC soldiers, train them, and so on.

7ZcXLIM.png

Jindrax

Just saying, I already quoted a while back the Community Manager of the Steam MGS sub-forums saying that Steam users could expect something new soon, unrelated to the recent patch. Perhaps there could really be a GZ early 2015 DLC?

If it's DLC I'm buying a ticket to Tokyo to slap someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom