• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Notice how Liquid and Quiet have similar faces...!

Lemme look... both got two eyes... a nose... a... a m-m-mouth...

MotherOfGod.gif

MOTHER OF GOD

NeoGiff

Since we're sharing our videos, here are my two.

The first was made before we knew anything about Kiefer voicing Bossu, but I made it as a promo for MGSV nonetheless!

Metal Gear Solid: Outer Heaven [MGSV Promo]

The second doesn't use any MGSV footage, but is just generally about the struggle between Liquid, Solid, Solidus and Big Boss. Oh, and I used the amazing Victory Song from MGO2, which Outer GAF needs to resurrect once MGO3 comes around!

Metal Gear Solid: Victory [Fan-Made]

Hope you rike it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out about the AC easter egg in PW. What's up with Kojima and AC? First 4 and then PW. Weird.

at the time assassin's creed was actually a semi-respectable IP with the II and Brotherhood both recent in everyone's minds. Plus the designs are pretty cool.

how do you guys think checkpoints will work in TPP. will they be in pre-set positions like in GZ? will they be more of a save state to avoid giving the player the ability to reach a checkpoint and reload to get away from an enemy alert? i felt like you could manipulate the checkpoints in GZ a bit, so maybe they'll be a little bit different.

there are lots of little particulars like this that i'm very curious about. maybe we'll get some of those developer diary-style vids as we get closer to release explaining stuff like this and base-building mechanics, etc

JayEH

how do you guys think checkpoints will work in TPP. will they be in pre-set positions like in GZ? will they be more of a save state to avoid giving the player the ability to reach a checkpoint and reload to get away from an enemy alert? i felt like you could manipulate the checkpoints in GZ a bit, so maybe they'll be a little bit different.

there are lots of little particulars like this that i'm very curious about. maybe we'll get some of those developer diary-style vids as we get closer to release explaining stuff like this and base-building mechanics, etc

I'm actually really disappointed that there is only auto saves in TPP. I don't want DD to die and not be able to do anything about it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually really disappointed that there is only auto saves in TPP. I don't want DD to die and not be able to do anything about it.

Just make some backups..
if you're on PC
#Masterrace

Skullface

Just make some backups..
if you're on PC
#Masterrace

Filthy mustard race. Why Kojima hates you for tampering with his vision!

lol I can't wait to browse GameFAQs forums after I beat the game. Guarantee you there will be some heated fanboyism and genuine PC hate

Rajang

It would be nice if it was an option and a thing you can disable.

I don't see why they would not add that. Specially since the main audience of the game play the SP for the story and experience, and not the online features that are introduced for the first time.

Exactly.

I didn't even know that you could do that. Might have enjoyed my time with Watch Dogs a bit more if I realized that.

I'll probably put it on every once in a while just to try it out. Nobody better kill Quiet or DD.

OMG, I've never even thought of that. I seriously won't use the online mode if Quiet and DD can be killed.

Imagine if Kojima gives Ubisoft the next MGS game

smug.gif

:<

JayEH

Saw a guy wearing a foxhound shirt on the bus.
Feel like I should have said something

A man once saw me wearing a New Orleans Saints jersey on the bus. He proceeded to tell me his life story and how his mom died. Very awkward few minutes.

Moral of the story: Don't talk to people on public buses.

Skullface

Saw a guy wearing a foxhound shirt on the bus.
Feel like I should have said something

Meh. I was listening to Rush on my iPod while riding the subway a week before they came to Boston. This guy happened to hear it through my ear buds and decided to share his hype with me about the concert. I felt like it was a rather boorish move, especially considering I had earbuds in my head.

Another time, dude man at Starbucks noticed my Foxhound shirt and commented on how awesome Metal Gear was. When I agreed and asked him if he was excited for MGSV, he seemed confused and told me he didn't even know there was a 4th entry. Awkward... Just go get me my macchiato...

JayEH

Meh. I was listening to Rush on my iPod while riding the subway a week before they came to Boston. This guy happened to hear it through my ear buds and decided to share his hype with me about the concert. I felt like it was a rather boorish move, especially considering I had earbuds in my head.

Another time, dude man at Starbucks noticed my Foxhound shirt and commented on how awesome Metal Gear was. When I agreed and asked him if he was excited for MGSV, he seemed confused and told me he didn't even know there was a 4th entry. Awkward... Just go get me my macchiato...

He's a Metal Gear purist and believes only in the original planned trilogy. Good for him.

JayEH

Yea but it's not clear if it's through a press conference or just that announcement. If it's a press conference then expect several announcements.

Doesn't mean Kojima is showing up. I'll keep my eye on it though. Hopefully he won't need to show up with TGS coming up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom