• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

ab4d068c9f.jpg
LIQUIIIIID!!

DD!

Hope we see him in action soon.

B8gS_8hCUAAxEgR.jpg:large

Looking good, DD
awg.

we already knew we weren't going to get a release date this week. ken already said it wouldn't be a regionalized, one-language event

No he said 'I would utilize multi language media when I make a big announcement.' It wasn't a denial or admission of when anything would happen, just that when it happens, world wide media would be alerted and provided with all the materials and information.
It's nonsense to imply they can't announce anything in the same week that TPP appears at a game show somewhere in the world.

No he said 'I would utilize multi language media when I make a big announcement.' It wasn't a denial or admission of when anything would happen, just that when it happens, world wide media would be alerted and provided with all the materials and information.
It's nonsense to imply they can't announce anything in the same week that TPP appears at a game show somewhere in the world.

You think Taipei is still possible for a release date?

You could apply the same logic to any kojima station too though. it's not nonsense, ken said it himself. An event in china that's not even being officially streamed by konami is absolutely not "multi-language media" big announcement

You think Taipei is still possible for a release date?

Today or tomorrow is still possible for a release announcement for all we know. I'm saying the fact Taipei is happening doesn't mean an announcement cannot be made.

You could apply the same logic to any kojima station too though. it's not nonsense, ken said it himself. An event in china that's not even being officially streamed by konami is absolutely not "multi-language media" big announcement

So can you explain in what form you see that happening? I haven't said anything about it being announced on stage.

Today or tomorrow is still possible for a release announcement for all we know. I'm saying the fact Taipei is happening doesn't mean an announcement cannot be made.

So can you explain in what form you see that happening? I haven't said anything about it being announced on stage.

What are you even arguing here? I said it more than likely wouldn't be at Taipei. Seems like you agree with that. Of course they could announce it through a press release or a trailer online at anytime.

Dawg

I'm thinking it will happen at the PlayStation event in february. Metal Gear Solid 4 was announced at Destination PlayStation late february and it ended up releasing in june.

Now, I know Metal Gear Solid V isn't exclusive anymore, but that doesn't mean they can't announce it at a playstation event... knowing where most of the fanbase is anyway.

I'm thinking it will happen at the PlayStation event in february. Metal Gear Solid 4 was announced at Destination PlayStation late february and it ended up releasing in june.

Now, I know Metal Gear Solid V isn't exclusive anymore, but that doesn't mean they can't announce it at a playstation event... knowing where most of the fanbase is anyway.

True, I think they have announced multiplatform things there before, might not be made public right there as it's where they show retailers everything, but could be announced soon after and a PS bundle could be announced if such a thing exists.

That would make the most sense.

Kojima really loves that robot hand

rX7bHZN.png

Totally. I still think we could have a window by the end of the event Saturday. The fact that Hai Lady mentioned the release window on Koji Sta and the Kojima Pro Twitter accounts tweeted that the release date is coming soon - without being held at gunpoint - gives me hope that we will have that info shortly!

Dawg

I don't really need the presentation itself. If Kojima is showing any trailer, the Konami youtube accounts will upload it once the presentation is over anyway. And if it is anything like TGS, we'll even get an English version.

brau

I don't really need the presentation itself. If Kojima is showing any trailer, the Konami youtube accounts will upload it once the presentation is over anyway. And if it is anything like TGS, we'll even get an English version.

and high quality.

Indeed.
And I'm hoping they won't just be showing old trailers handing out autographs for an hour.

sexyelder

I actually find it interesting to watch a Metal Gear trailer in Japanese first. Its kinda fun to guess what their saying, like the Quiet trailer.

That's one calm coutious Dawg right there.
tail_wag_by_mintypepper-d6dyhex.gif

Are you a graphic designer by trade? You just keep pumping out this stuff like it's nothing.

It actually is nothing special.
Resized picture.
Copied LQ-84i layer.
Recolored 2nd LQ-84i layer with brighter red on his face.
Make timeline.
Set first layer on frames 1,3,5,7,etc...
Set second layer on frames 2,4,6,8,etc...
Then add text on every second frame.
And then configure the time the layers should show up.
That's it.
It's really easier than you'd think.

Skullface

It actually is nothing special.
Resized picture.
Copied LQ-84i layer.
Recolored 2nd LQ-84i layer with brighter red on his face.
Make timeline.
Set first layer on frames 1,3,5,7,etc...
Set second layer on frames 2,4,6,8,etc...
Then add text on every second frame.
And then configure the time the layers should show up.
That's it.
It's really easier than you'd think.

You might as well be explaining that to a potato lol

Jindrax

Hype deflated :(
Playing blues on my guitar.

Kojima promised me a release date.
But then he took it away.
Now I'm just left here,
with the rest of Outer Gaf.
Forever waiting.

Status