• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
would you drink your own pee if it was labeled Big Boss?

6031597949mbuu.gif

"14%" isn't referring to the amount of alcohol. It's referring to the progress made in the game's development!
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Aaaah ok
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Sn4ke_911

Where did that DD tweet come from then? is he testing in Taipei? or wait a fucking minute, are we looking at a sneak peek of what's to come at the show? :O

That DD tweet came straight from Kojima. Maybe he doesn't live too far away from Tapei? idk ... it could be that he tries to tease us with something related to the chopper. He teased so many similar pics now from the heli's interior. (Chopper customization?)

DD gameplay would be fantastic.

Chinner

Banned
bad news guys, ive heard sony is no longer releasing mgsv on ps3 & 4 as kazuo hirai has had a disagreement with kojima over how much bottom groping in mgsv

WAIT A MINUTE! I just realized on that pic from Ken that there seems to be an interface (to the right of the key art) that looks an awful lot like the Mother Base soldier management interface seen in past demos? Maybe we get an in-depth look at that?

Edit: Never mind, they look like toys. I'm tripping. :lol

Let's be optimistic here: it means there's 14% remaining to finish the game.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

6031597949mbuu.gif

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

JayEH

bad news guys, ive heard sony is no longer releasing mgsv on ps3 & 4 as kazuo hirai has had a disagreement with kojima over how much bottom groping in mgsv

Damn...who was getting groped though?

That DD tweet came straight from Kojima. Maybe he doesn't live too far away from Tapei? idk ... it could be that he tries to tease us with something related to the chopper. He teased so many similar pics now from the heli's interior. (Chopper customization?)

It's a 5 hour flight.

Dawg

Taipei isn't that close to Japan :p

Sn4ke_911

WAIT A MINUTE! I just realized on that pic from Ken that there seems to be an interface (to the right of the key art) that looks an awful lot like the Mother Base soldier management interface seen in past demos? Maybe we get an in-depth look at that?

I'm pretty sure those are just the figures :p

Taipei isn't that close to Japan :p

It's a 5 hour flight.

Well then why does he not need to pack?

Like I said, Liquide Boobs!

Edit: Never mind, they look like toys. I'm tripping. :lol

Yeah I found a video of the display earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6zWdorR-9Y

Starts at 2:40, just old figures I think.

Batzi

Banned

He's far from living close. He must be leaving tomorrow. That DD tweet definitely came from his testing booth.

TOK_TAI.png

wilsonda

What alcohol do you think Big Boss would drink?
Since Saturday is my last exam I'm planning on getting drunk whilst playing guitar with my bro's.
But I must stay in MGS theme!
And yes I will be playing "Way to fall".

Definitely whiskey,perhaps even whiskey sours which are my favorite adult beverage

Sn4ke_911

Can you guess what Kaz is saying to Big Boss here?

MGSV-TPP-E3-2014-Screen-2_zpsaeb87fdf.jpg

I think this is soon after Big Boss rescued Kaz from Afghanistan. He will say those lines to him "We pull in money, recruits, just to combat Cipher. Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefied dirt... All for revenge."

Just my two cents.

Batzi

Banned
I think this is soon after Big Boss rescued Kaz from Afghanistan. He will say those lines to him "We pull in money, recruits, just to combat Cipher. Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefied dirt... All for revenge."

Just my two cents.

Yup, but I think in that specific scene where gets close to him he says "I'm gonna make him give back our past!". It's definitely a part from that monologue we heard in the red band trailer.

Sn4ke_911

Yup, but I think in that specific scene where gets close to him he says "I'm gonna make him give back our past!". It's definitely a part from that monologue we heard in the red band trailer.

Yeah, I think so too.

Just my two cents.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did some fakery with the beginning of the red band trailer (2013). The lipsync matches but they could have moved it from a different scene, and Snake has an odd reaction to the word 'recruits'.

In mgs pw, when they kept referencing "V" do you think it was referencing MGS V? And did anyone suspect it was connected to MGS V?

I think it was a reference to MGS V. Cause they already had in mind MGSV, but Fox Engine was still in a development and they needed a game to connect MGS3 and V. And that game couldn't be full console game, but something easier to create so they could develop both connection and engine for MGS V.

sexyelder

I think it was a reference to MGS V. Cause they already had in mind MGSV, but Fox Engine was still in a development and they needed a game to connect MGS3 and V. And that game couldn't be full console game, but something easier to create so they could develop both connection and engine for MGS V.

Thats probably why it was a psp game. To serve as a test for features in MGS V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom