• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

I am so dumb.

rn78je8j.png

Haha.

But forget about your stupidity, Gray Fox all but confirmed!

He'll be much welcomed in MGO. I'm ready for some blade CQC!

wilsonda

I dunno about you guys, but GZ was spoiled the whole way for the most part. Sure its a tiny bit. But they showed way too much, specially for it to come out the way it did as a stand alone.

Having no idea about TPP story makes me really excited. Prbly why i don't want to know more about the game. Just want a release date

Couldn't agree more... ground zeroes would have definitely been more awesome as intro rather than a side product

I am eager for the day when KP announces the file size for TPP... hoping for at least 50 gb

brau

Couldn't agree more... ground zeroes would have definitely been more awesome as intro rather than a side product

I am eager for the day when KP announces the file size for TPP... hoping for at least 50 gb

I would think so. Maybe uncompressed it'll be more??

It has to be 50. The whole thing. But then.. it does have to run on ps3 and 360. Bummer. I wish sometimes this game was next gen only. Then we would not see straight jaggies everywhere.

Ein Bear

Been messing around in Ground Zeroes and wound up running through the Deja Vu mission again.

Robin Atkin Downes really is hilarious throughout the whole thing, his impersonations are so great. Very talented guy.

JayEH

Been messing around in Ground Zeroes and wound up running through the Deja Vu mission again.

Robin Atkin Downes really is hilarious throughout the whole thing, his impersonations are so great. Very talented guy.

Yeah he is. Apparently his impressions were too good and they had to ask him to tone it down.

Hmm, I don't agree with the "you can take 6 buddies with you?", I just think everyone will have a specific place. This could mean the game has a total of 6 buddies, but it could be more. Not too sure about the second animal either

I agree.

What if DD just does random things while in the chopper? Maybe DD just decided to randomly lay down right where the picture depicts him.

If you have ever traveled with an animal in an RV or a car - you know what I mean. Dogs do circles repeatedly and then sit - only to repeat this procedure a few more times before deciding the place they desired to lay on was fine in the first place.

Cats sometimes do this also.

Ein Bear

Yeah he is. Apparently his impressions were too good and they had to ask him to tone it down.

Haha seriously? That's amazing! There's a moment where he does a Hayter impression, and it's just eerily dead-on. I had to double check it wasn't a re-used soundclip or something.

His Ocelot was awesome too. "Don't even think about looking up the answers on the Internet, or I'll know!"

Guys, I need help!

I am experiencing a system error on my notebook (no pun intended)

I don't know if GAF has a special thread for this, if anyone knows one or knows the solution itself. I'd be very grateful!

As I restarted my notebook a couple of minutes ago, my screen turned black with a mouse cursor. I quickly looked on someone else's notebook what I can do and found out that I could open "explorer.exe" via task manager for now. I then restarted again. But I had to do this again, is there any way out, out of this shit?!

I know this is the wrong thread for this, sorry.

Shy

Guys, I need help!

I don't know if GAF has a special thread for this, if anyone knows one or knows the solution itself. I'd be very grateful!

As I restarted my notebook a couple of minutes ago, my screen turned black with a mouse cursor. I quickly looked on someone else's notebook what I can do and found out that I could open "explorer.exe" via task manager for now. I then restarted again. But I had to do this again, is there any way out, out of this shit?!

here you go brother.

brau

Guys, I need help!

From what i saw, some people suggest getting a repair disc or usb to boot your computer from. Seems something messed up and your assets don't finish loading up.

yea.. you can also use that thread. they are pretty prompt.

Dawg

I agree.

What if DD just does random things while in the chopper? Maybe DD just decided to randomly lay down right where the picture depicts him.

If you have ever traveled with an animal in an RV or a car - you know what I mean. Dogs do circles repeatedly and then sit - only to repeat this procedure a few more times before deciding the place they desired to lay on was fine in the first place.

Cats sometimes do this also.

It's just Yong speculation as always. When he doesn't use theories from others, he just makes up stuff that anyone could make up from footage :>

wilsonda

It has to be 50. The whole thing. But then.. it does have to run on ps3 and 360. Bummer. I wish sometimes this game was next gen only. Then we would not see straight jaggies everywhere.

yea I trust KP to not let old gen hardware being down the game
hopefully

JayEH

Nah it's been confirmed to be 800 gb since he said TPP is 200 times bigger than GZ.

brau

hopefully

I don't mean the quality. Just nicer smoother surfaces. There are a lot of straight lines, specially in the jungle. Where the rocks are. Low poly work. I don't really mind, but this is one of those things that they have to do when working on previous gen. :(

Nah it's been confirmed to be 800 gb since he said TPP is 200 times bigger than GZ.

phew. I hope this is episodic then.

LOL! Kojima says good morning, and the thread explodes. He has this power over us.

200_s.gif

LOL! Kojima says good morning, and the thread explodes. He has this power over us.

200_s.gif

小島 神なんです?? Kojima is God?!

hopefully

Yeah I am slightly worried by this. I wonder if they regret putting on old gen systems at this rate. They may be able to press down some visuals for other mechanics though? Not sure how it all works.

JayEH

Make no mistake this is a last gen game being ported up to current gen. All decisions were made with last gen in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom