• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guess what Kaz is saying to Big Boss here?

tumblr_n6tkj7wOmW1s4rr21o3_1280.jpg

It almost looks like they want to kiss each other.

Dawg

FYI: Kojima has never shown a cinematic MGS V trailer at a Japanese/Chinese/Eastern event.

The first one was shown at VGA 2012.

Second one (reveal) was GDC 2013.

Then E3 2013 at Xbox.

Then E3 2014 at Sony.

Notice how every trailer was shown at a relatively big Western event? Yeah... I'm calling it. TpGS will have gameplay and the PlayStation New York event in february will have a trailer and release date.

FYI: Kojima has never shown a cinematic MGS V trailer at a Japanese/Chinese/Eastern event.

Then E3 2013 at Xbox.

Then E3 2014 at Sony.

Notice how every trailer was shown at a relatively big Western event? Yeah... I'm calling it. TpGS will have gameplay and the PlayStation New York event in february will have a trailer and release date.

For the sake of us all, I sincerely hope you are wrong.

JayEH

Then E3 2013 at Xbox.

Then E3 2014 at Sony.

Gameplay will at least hold us over for a bit.

Batzi

Banned
I'm not exactly sure but I thought it was a bit strange that Kaz doesn't get a stretcher brought to the helicopter, it shows one in the 2014 trailer.

Well they probably didn't know that Kaz was coming back with a missing leg and arm that's why. So they brought in a stretcher eventually. I don't think it's a scene Kojima wants to skip or remove. It's a powerful one.

Dawg

There is a third possibilty.

The PlayStation event will NOT have a trailer but only a release date announcement.

And then GDC 2015 will have the next trailer.

This way, they could spread the hype instead of throwing a new trailer AND release date at the PlayStation event.

Alienous

Yup, but I think in that specific scene where gets close to him he says "I'm gonna make him give back our past!". It's definitely a part from that monologue we heard in the red band trailer.

Je-sus ... I'm so fucking hyped.

Hopefully it's the "Cipher sent us to hell..." line. It's the fucking best. I'm sure I'm going to smile ear to ear when I hear that in the game. Shit is going to go down, and I have no idea how it's going to end.

I need the date, man.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm not exactly sure but I thought it was a bit strange that Kaz doesn't get a stretcher brought to the helicopter, it shows one in the 2014 trailer.

Big Boss probably drags Kaz for a while until the comrades with the stretcher come and put him on it.

Fixed it for you guys.

Sorry i am too late. Meeting distracted me from the priorities of helping out on the MGS thread.

Haha nice man.

Dawg

I'm so hyped for just the intro. I want to see Big Boss falling into his coma. How he loses everything. How Kaz gets tortured. Waking up. Being attacked. Psycho Mantis. Escaping. Saving Kaz. Rebuilding your army. New mother base.

And that's what, less than 5% of the full game? Shit.

Alienous

Big Boss probably carries him out of the helicopter. Diamond Dogs medics rush out to get him on a stretcher. Kaz says some final words, then gets whisked away, and the cutscene ends to allow you to do whatever you want (leave, continue the main missions by seeing Kaz, I'd assume).

JayEH

Then I suspect -> "We're going to pull in recruits, just to combat Cipher. Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt ... all for revenge".

Well that scene is when he's off the chopper.

I think he says that when gets off the chopper and then he gets taken to surgery.

What I'm trying to figure is when the epic monologue happens. When he says "Every night I can feel my leg..." it sound like it's been a while so that scene must be some time after being rescued. He sounds like he's shivering so maybe he's in bed
with Snake of course
or coming out of surgery.

AHHHH too many things I'm excited about.

Jindrax

I'm so hyped for just the intro. I want to see Big Boss falling into his coma. How he loses everything. How Kaz gets tortured. Waking up. Being attacked. Psycho Mantis. Escaping. Saving Kaz. Rebuilding your army. New mother base.

I want to play through the disturbing Phantom Pain trailer.
Preferably with my dad xD.
He watched me play GZ and was freaking out when they opened up Paz haha.

I posted this ages ago:

Just finished GZ again...
I was showing it to my dad (he's 62). So I didn't skip any cut scenes, played as stealthy as possible.
My dad was really shocked at the whole Paz scene. He was so surprised they'd put that in a game. Never mind his reaction to the snuke :p.

He was amazed by all the transitions from cut scene to game without any hitch.
He enjoyed the sound coming from the PS4 controller.
Then the credits rolled an he was like wow that was good ^^
Afterwards when they show that trailer for the phantom he pain he litterly exclaimed
"Man! This game!!

It's cool to think how non gamers can appreciate a good Kojima game :D
On a side note, when "here's to you" started playing he was like. Hey do you know this song? I used to listen to this back in the day!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So looks like even the monologue in the E3 2013 is from very early in the game.

We basically know NOTHING about this game's story :lol

This makes me so damn excited.

Same, this could be one of the best videogame intros ever. The game already starts so bombastic, man we're in for an epic ride.

JayEH

I'm actually upset about how GZ is a separate product since I think that would have been a really epic beginning to the game. It really is watching the first 15 minutes of a film and waiting a year to watch the rest. I'm definitely playing GZ literally right before I start TPP.

The hospital scene at least looks to be awesome as well so I can't be too upset I guess.

I'm actually upset about how GZ is a separate product since I think that would have been a really epic beginning to the game. It really is watching the first 15 minutes of a film and waiting a year to watch the rest. I'm definitely playing GZ literally right before I start TPP.

The hospital scene at least looks to be awesome as well so I can't be too upset I guess.

It would be pretty awesome if GZ could get intergarated into TPP somehow. But i suppose that's not possible with discs

brau

I dunno about you guys, but GZ was spoiled the whole way for the most part. Sure its a tiny bit. But they showed way too much, specially for it to come out the way it did as a stand alone.

Having no idea about TPP story makes me really excited. Prbly why i don't want to know more about the game. Just want a release date

JayEH

I dunno about you guys, but GZ was spoiled the whole way for the most part. Sure its a tiny bit. But they showed way too much, specially for it to come out the way it did as a stand alone.

Having no idea about TPP story makes me really excited. Prbly why i don't want to know more about the game. Just want a release date

Yeah I think every cutscenes was shown in trailers before it came out lol. I didn't realize in the heat of the moment but it was a couple days after that I was like "Wait, I had seen all this already." I think that's why I wasn't too grossed out by the Paz scene.

Alienous

It would be pretty awesome if GZ could get intergarated into TPP somehow. But i suppose that's not possible with discs

Nah.

If The Phantom Pain launches into the hospital scene right after the opening credits (which could be contextualized as Big Boss' comatose dreams) it has the potential to be the best tutorial ever put in a game, with the perfect explanation as to why your character would have to go through the process of learning movement and shooting.

I couldn't be happier that GZ was split off, because the potential is so great.

brau

Yeah I think every cutscenes was shown in trailers before it came out lol. I didn't realize at the heat of the moment but it was a couple days after that I was like "Wait, I had seen all this already." I think that's why I wasn't too grossed out by the Paz scene.

Exactly. If it all came out as a surprise then i think it would've been quite a shocker. I am glad they are restraining themselves with TPP.

The trailers are well edited too. Nothing hints at major plots. Just little bits, its really great.

But yea... i am so excited for the hospital opening. It should be pretty mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom