• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krejlooc

Banned
FUCK YOU GOOGLE TRANSLATE AND BING HAHA :lol

2015-01-2918_28_57-junul37.png

Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

brau

小島 神なんです?? Kojima is God?!

Yeah I am slightly worried by this. I wonder if they regret putting on old gen systems at this rate. They may be able to press down some visuals for other mechanics though? Not sure how it all works.

What does that mean? or say? when i looked at his tweeter feed, all i saw was "good morning" lol

As far as the mechanics go. I am sure there are more things they can do if its only next gen. Specially since they don't have to spend resources on handling other skus. Even when the fox engine is good at doing that.

The most noticeable improvement would be in higher polygon assets, and maybe some more fancy shaders. I think the PC version does a good job on this, except for adding more geometry, afaik.

Opto

Banned
I was recently playing GTA V and it's kind of funny that the company that broke in the open-world sandbox game is failing to compare to those that take advantage of it.

Make no mistake this is a last gen game being ported up to current gen. All decisions were made with last gen in mind.

this remains to be seen. if it comes out and runs like pure ass on the old systems, then we'll know that's not exactly the case and they favored current gen systems as development went on. (ex. mordor). i'll take GZ level visuals with better draw distance, and it seems like that's what we're getting.

JayEH

this remains to be seen. if it comes out and runs like pure ass on the old systems, then we'll know that's not exactly the case and they favored current gen systems as development went on. (ex. mordor). i'll take GZ level visuals with better draw distance, and it seems like that's what we're getting.

Would Kojima have any game of his run like ass on any system? GZ is still decent on 360 and PS3 even with its frame rate drops and pop in. They also know the PS3 version will be the best selling version in Japan.

Would Kojima have any game of his run like ass on any system? GZ is still decent on 360 and PS3 even with its frame rate drops and pop in. They also know the PS3 version will be the best selling version in Japan.

yeah, we shall see. i just find it hard to believe that PS360 versions will be able to handle what this game is doing (which is far beyond GZ is size and scope) without making even more concessions. we'll see. kojima doesn't seem like the type to hold back his game for a less powerful system when in the past he's actually had to cut and hold-back his vision of the game because of the system itself

Vally

I trust Kojima Productions to do a good job with the last gen versions, though I'm a bit worried about the framerate, especially in the jungle sections. Hopefully it runs as well as Ground Zeroes.

I can actually imagine Kojima doing something like that though, and I don't say that about a lot of the dreck ideas that get thrown around... this... place...

...no offence, guys.

...guys?

If we're being serious, it wouldn't make any sense. I mean, I admit given the outdated graphics and Cam Clarke's striking performance in the game I've never found Liquid's appearance to really resemble Snake or Big Boss much either unless I'm really focusing on him. He's technically a clone/twin but I wouldn't say he really "evokes" that to me the way in which I can clearly see Solidus shares looks with Big Boss and how younger redesigned Big Boss shares looks with Solid Snake. Liquid's very much the odd clone out, so I do get that.

But at the same time, it's pretty clear that in-universe he's supposed to be a clone of Big Boss and Solid Snake's twin, with a striking resemblance to the latter. Meryl even mistakes Snake for Liquid in one scene and they show Snake a photo of Liquid in the interrogation scene because according to Campbell "his skin tone is different but otherwise you two are exact duplicates". In Twin Snakes, you can really see Solid Snake and Liquid have the same face model and everything and the main difference is the hair and costume.

On the other hand Liquid really evokes Miller, but to be fair Miller's appearance was revised in MGS1 (and subsequently Peace Walker/MGSV) to add more credibility to Liquid's impersonation of him. In MG2's original release he looked asian, although this was changed in Subsistence to the appearance we recognize. When you think about it, it was technically only over codec so having Miller look like how he did in MGS1 wasn't really necessary in PW (the disguise was a fourth-wall breaking moment) and makes things confusing because no one in Peace Walker mentions Big Boss or Miller sharing similar looks the way that he and Big Boss's cloned son clearly do.

Like Alienous, I'm curious how they're going to set up the assassination if that's what they're going for with Eli. Maybe unlike MGS1 (though this would retcon some dialogue), they'll make a point that you could mistake him for someone else and not a clone with how he clearly doesn't style himself like Snake or Big Boss. But I wouldn't seriously expect them to go as far as actually making Liquid a clone of Miller instead of Big Boss, because that just wouldn't work and would render MGS1 and other games as not making sense.

JayEH

yeah, we shall see. i just find it hard to believe that PS360 versions will be able to handle what this game is doing (which is far beyond GZ is size and scope) without making even more concessions. we'll see. kojima doesn't seem like the type to hold back his game for a less powerful system when in the past he's actually had to cut and hold-back his vision of the game because of the system itself

It'll definitely be interesting to see how toned down everything is. I'll probably be picking up a last gen version after I beat the game just to compare.

Skullface

There are other games that are cross gen that cut content on last gen platforms. Shadow of Mordor for instance, which is much smaller in scope from what I understand.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget co op and MGO trophies...

I hope there won't be any online trophies! If a game has them it's cemented that I won't get the platinum.
so, f*ck Rockstar Games for putting a "reach level 50/100" into RDR, Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

what happened to playing games for fun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Dont make it your second job

Åesop;149740088 said:
what happened to playing games for fun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Dont make it your second job

That's why I hate grinding in games. Sadly, Peace Walker had plenty of that. I wonder how vehicle battles will be in Phantom Pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom