• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, gotta give some love to the underdogs! Can't be riding Snake's dick 24/7, ya know? Gotta show some love to the man that the fans love to hate! (I'm actually a huge fan of Raiden. Found this piece of art in the official art book and decided to make an avatar out of it.) Yeah, Snake is - always has been and always will be - dat motherfucker. But hey, Raiden is pretty Solid in his own right!

I mean the guy did brought down a serious amount of RAY's no one can hate Raiden on that. I actually like Raiden a lot ( not mgsR Raiden )

Skullface

There's definitely an explanation. It was Solidus's and Liquid's body that were used to rebuilt Big Boss. Remember, he got fucked up royally by Solid Snake in MG2.

No, you're right, there is an explanation. But I mean, they didn't plan on grafting Solidus's skin and body parts in MGS4 explicitly to account for the shrapnel in his skull and his missing arm in MGSV. What I meant by that there was no explanation is that it's likely a design, and in the case of his arm, a plot decision.

We can look at the events of MGS4 and say that this explains the discrepancy, but will Phantom Pain or any future game acknowledge this to be the case? Probably not, though I could definitely be wrong. Even so, what about my clear skinned, non horned, 8 bit Big Boss portrait from Metal Gear 2?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Guys isn't it suspicious that they "confirm" the Chico is Quiet theory is wrong
(which I don't believe)
though they refuse to say something about Gray Fox being Snake in MGSV

You know what that means, rightu?
tumblr_n0sww8ophe1tswp2go1_500.gif

Guys isn't it suspicious that they "confirm" the Chico is Quiet theory is wrong
(which I don't believe)
though they refuse to say something about Gray Fox being Snake in MGSV

Amanda would probably kill chico beforehand. I do think the following will happen:
A) chico dies in the helicopter crash.
B) chico survives and is the person kaz refers to in the emergency room scene in TPP trailer " what about him?"
C) either big boss,kaz or ocelot kills chico for being a traitor.

JayEH

Amanda would probably kill chico beforehand. I do think the following will happen:
B) chico survives and is the person kaz refers to in the emergency room scene in TPP trailer " what about him?"

This chico hate will not be tolerated!

#TeamChico

And I still believe Kojima when he says he's "him".

Looks like grilled cheese
queijo_coalho.jpg

Oh lord lol.

What has that answer to do with my post? ⊙﹏⊙

Alienous

I sort of feel like if Chico was intended to die in the helicopter we would have seen him jump after Paz and be shown to die in the explosion. I doubt that "Well, Chico died in GZ" could just be a footnote on TPP.

Plus the 9 year coma is an opportunity to age him into an adult, and explore the effects of Paz's death and his treachery on his mind.

That said perhaps Kojima wants a clean break from the Peace Walker cast. We know Miller and Huey return but characters like Amanda, Strangelove and Chico might just exit stage left to make room for Ocelot and Co.

It's exciting. I have no idea what'll happen with Chico.

Batzi

Banned
FISH... WHALE... MOBY DICK STUDIOS... VGA 2012 TRAILER! OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR EYES ALREADY.
I know what you're feeling brother! Trust me I do.
I swear that whole hospital sequence better play out like it did in the trailer. That shit was trippy.
I think it will! Kojima knows how awesome that part was so he will make sure it retains or surpasses the quality we saw at the 2012 VGAs.

Alienous

I can't wait to see the in depth explanation as to Huey's traitorous behavior.

Huey's the prime suspect. I don't see how the MSF betrayal subplot would get any steam if the culprit is the first person you cast suspicion on. He might play a part in the treachery, but I'm sure it's far more complicated than that.

JayEH

I can't wait until all the character model swapping will happen with TPP on PC. I want to see Kaz doing some walking cane CQC.

Opto

Banned
Thing I'm curious about is where Big Boss and Miller end up after the crash/post-crash. They get to a hospital with a british flag... British Virgin Isles ?

Shy

I can't wait to see the in depth explanation as to Huey's traitorous behavior.
all of you are going to be waiting a long time for that, because he wasn't the one who did it.
just because kaz and big boss think that he did ( and torture him ) doesn't mean he was the one.

that's not the only reason why i believe he didn't, but i'm not very good at articulating why, so i probably won't be able to say. sorry.

all of you are going to be waiting a long time for that, because he wasn't the one who did it.
just because kaz and big boss think that he did ( and torture him ) doesn't mean he was the one.

that's not the only reason why i believe he didn't, but i'm not very good at articulating why, so i probably won't be able to say. sorry.

Huey didn't betray big boss and the whole torture is uncalled for, although I can't blame Kaz for being paranoid.

I think with the intel that Chico and Paz gave to skullface it probably gave him an idea on how to infiltrate the private army given that they were due an inspection. (That's my theory)

JayEH

all the signs are there. He insisted on the inspection and strangelove went missing which would give him a reason to betray.

all the signs are there. He insisted on the inspection and strangelove went missing which would give him a reason to betray.
Not to mention Skullface said that 'the scientist' was their way in to Mother Base. I suppose this could be referring to Strangelove as well, but everything points to Huey.

Banzai

Always when I see this thread with a gray icon, something dies inside of me. There needs to be posts every minute.

I feel ya. It's kinda like browsing the rest of Gaf is just to kill the time until the next post in MGS Gaf.
And it will only end when I finally have the game in my console.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Garbage posted a kiss smiley to Kojima and he retweeted it. Does that mean the new trailer will feature another track from them?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima tweet

Dammit, it really sucks that there is no live stream :/

And it's not like they want to hide something, the stuff they show is not behind closed doors because Ken asked if there is a live stream and they said no. Fucking hell step your game up Tapei.

Pinewood

Garbage posted a kiss smiley to Kojima and he retweeted it. Does that mean the new trailer will feature another track from them?

Ok by me. Have been listening to Not Your Kind of People (album) and there are quite a few great tracks.

Come oon snow level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom