• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kojima just tweeted that he's going! HOLY. FUCK*NG. SHIT.

Get that information in me!!!

Ohyeah.gif

Åesop;149750168 said:
Some people here really expect something out of Tapai?? lol

Nope, that's why I haven't been active in this thread lately. Hoping for a release date just got too exhausting.

I'm hoping for V/V/201V atm just because it looks cool.

Batzi

Banned
Åesop;149750168 said:
Some people here really expect something out of Tapai?? lol

It's Taipei*. Yes, we expect new information but not necessarily a release date. We're expecting what we've been told and nothing more. We all learned our lessons.

Guys, you know what blows me away every time I see it? This screen:

pic_z_029_o3yst5.jpg

I've played a lot of open world games in my time. No game has ever made me say "Holy shit. This game is fucking GIGANTIC." like this one has. This is a screenshot of MOTHER BASE. While it is a customizable location, it's not even one of the game maps, and it is freaking huge!!!!!! Like, I feel (just by looking at that screen) that I could get lost at my own Mother Base -- even though it will be created by yours truly. I can only imagine what Afghanistan and Africa are actually like. Agh!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED NEW FOOTAGE NOW!!!!!

Batzi

Banned

pic_z_029_o3yst5.jpg

I've played a lot of open world games in my time. No game has ever made me say "Holy shit. This game is fucking GIGANTIC." like this one has. This is a screenshot of MOTHER BASE. While it is a customizable location, it's not even one of the game maps, and it is freaking huge!!!!!! Like, I feel (just by looking at that screen) that I could get lost at my own Mother Base -- even though it will be created by yours truly. I can only imagine what Afghanistan and Africa are actually like. Agh!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED NEW FOOTAGE NOW!!!!!

I'm actually more impressed by how polished and beautiful that screenshot looks and that's not even the final build.

pic_z_029_o3yst5.jpg

I wonder if you can operate that crane.

Dawg

pic_z_029_o3yst5.jpg

This looks like one of them chemical companies I used to work at :p

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2014-Screen-4.jpg

This one's good, too. The fact that this is all customizable blows my mind.

pic_z_029_o3yst5.jpg

Yeah it looks sweet. I wonder if we can access interiors on our base.

Opto

Banned

pic_z_029_o3yst5.jpg

I'm just impressed with the amount of detail that went into oil rig structure.

While we're waiting hopelessly for new information, does anyone have any interesting hypotheses concerning this (courtesy of Google stock photos)? I'm genuinely curious. And don't say "nanomachines."

0zp0QSm.jpg

Palpable

While we're waiting hopelessly for new information, does anyone have any interesting hypotheses concerning this (courtesy of Google stock photos)? I'm genuinely curious. And don't say "nanomachines."

0zp0QSm.jpg

He was burnt alive by Solid Snake in MG2. His entire body was rebuilt using both Liquid and Solidus's body parts. I think we can assume his face was rebuilt using Solidus's.

Skullface

0zp0QSm.jpg

Inb4 Nanomachines

No really, there's no explanation. Phantom Pain wasn't planned while they were working on/after they finished MGS4. We might get to see the horn removed at some point though.

Someone needs to explain this mystery to me:

pikachuthenandnow_zps2a065162.jpg

/sarcasm

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

0zp0QSm.jpg

he was completely burned by Snake, so they reconstructed his body with Liquid and Solidus parts. EVA explicitly says so.

Palpable

Inb4 Nanomachines

No really, there's no explanation. Phantom Pain wasn't planned while they were working on/after they finished MGS4. We might get to see the horn removed at some point though.

There's definitely an explanation. It was Solidus's and Liquid's body that were used to rebuilt Big Boss. Remember, he got fucked up royally by Solid Snake in MG2.

Like your avatar changing skills XD

Did you rike it?!
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Yea but Raiden? Wtf?

Dude, gotta give some love to the underdogs! Can't be riding Snake's dick 24/7, ya know? Gotta show some love to the man that the fans love to hate! (I'm actually a huge fan of Raiden. Found this piece of art in the official art book and decided to make an avatar out of it.) Yeah, Snake is - always has been and always will be - dat motherfucker. But hey, Raiden is pretty Solid in his own right!

Batzi

Banned
Dude, gotta give some love to the underdogs! Can't be riding Snake's dick 24/7, ya know? Gotta show some love to the man that the fans love to hate! (I'm actually a huge fan of Raiden. Found this piece of art in the official art book and decided to make an avatar out of it.) Yeah, Snake is - always has been and always will be - dat motherfucker. But hey, Raiden is pretty Solid in his own right!
Yea I know but it's still Raiden..come on! Snake is like The MOTHERFUCKER that fucks anyone anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom