• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jindrax

On-stage MGSV TPP SCE booth Let's meet tomorrow 13:00,.

B8ml1qUCEAEwoH4.jpg:large

GMT+1

Ah cool same here, Belgium

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Aaah man, no live stream is such a kick in the nuts.

When it's 6AM i will lay in bed, eyes wide open thinking i could be watching brand new footage of MGSV now. O__O

Sn4ke_911

Dawg, Snaku, System error, what time zone are you guys?

I'm from Austria you know the country where Arnold Schwarzenegger comes from and no, we have mountains, not fucking kangoroos :lol

Dawg

How did you get into journalism dawg?

Kind of a coincidence. I was a very active poster at a big Belgian forum and a lot of editors left at one point because they had issues with management. One of the senior editors who left made his own website and asked me to join. I did and he tought me everything I know.

It was a long and hard road. Way back in 2010 when the site was created, it barely had any visitors and review copies and stuff were hard to get. But we had a great team and we worked hard to get where we are now.

To give you a good example of that... we held a gaming con in our country a few months ago and a lot of people came. We even had demo booths of Bloodborne and The Order 1886!

IMG_4388-e1412618936680.jpg

img_0633.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

sexyelder

Kind of a coincidence. I was a very active poster at a big Belgian forum and a lot of editors left at one point because they had issues with management. One of the senior editors who left made his own website and asked me to join. I did and he tought me everything I know.

It was a long and hard road. Way back in 2010 when the site was created, it barely had any visitors and review copies and stuff were hard to get. But we had a great team and we worked hard to get where we are now.

To give you a good example of that... we held a gaming con in our country a few months ago and a lot of people came. We even had demo booths of Bloodborne and The Order 1886!

img_0633.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

"You're pretty good"

Looks like all the hard work paid off quite well :D

img_0633.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

That is amazing.

Aaah man, no live stream is such a kick in the nuts.

When it's 6AM i will lay in bed, eyes wide open thinking i could be watching brand new footage of MGSV now. O__O

It's 5:37PM right now where I'm at. Also, good on you DAWG!

EDIT: At this point Kojima could post a picture of his ass on twitter and we'll dissect it for new info or a release date.

Dawg

Thanks everyone. Joining the site was one of the best choices I ever made :D

At Jimmyfenix: Bloodborne? Maybe. MGS V though... Konami works via an external PR company here... I got Metal Gear Rising one week after release >.>

And Akiller: Lol, I don't mind. People make "corrupt jurnalizm" jokes on twitter all the time :D Hell, I usually make some of them myself too :>

Akiller

And Akiller: Lol, I don't mind. People make "corrupt jurnalizm" jokes on twitter all the time :D Hell, I usually make some of them myself too :>
Nah i was just kidding:)
You made Your Gaming hobby a job , when something you really like doing becomes Your job Too i think that's one of the most beautiful things that can happen in life.
Respect *salutes*

JayEH

I've devised a plan to get TPP 12 hours early. Fuck it I'm playing through the Japanese version. I need the game ASAP

Rajang

I'm GMT+1 too, I'm from Belgium.

You know... that small country in Europe with ze fries, ze beer, ze chocolate and ze waffles.

Lol, we're neighbours. Im from The Netherlands.

People from everywhere in this Community Thread. We should start our own Metal Gear NATO. Build our Outer Heaven.

Sn4ke_911

The original thing he says in this video for this is the saddest thing I've heard from Kojima.

Yeah that was one of the low points in his career so far. Just because his team fucked up, they had to outsource MGR to Platinum.

I said it multiple times but it looks like MGSV will be Kojima's last Metal Gear game for now.... so i'm very worried about the future of MGS.

They are very talented but can't do shit without their leader Kojima.

Alienous

Yeah that was one of the low points in his career so far. Just because his team fucked up, they had to outsource MGR to Platinum.

I said it multiple times but it looks like MGSV will be Kojima's last Metal Gear game for now.... so i'm very worried about the future of MGS.

They are very talented but can't do shit without their leader Kojima.

He put them in a fucked up situation. I liken it to Neil Druckmann telling a Naughty Dog team to get to work on a The Last of Us sequel, but make it a kart racer. He left his team with little to no experience in hack-and-slash action games to make one. Alternatively you can look at Portable Ops, which Kojima similarly did not preside over (only as a producer), and that game came to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom