• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Yeah that was one of the low points in his career so far. Just because his team fucked up, they had to outsource MGR to Platinum.

I said it multiple times but it looks like MGSV will be Kojima's last Metal Gear game for now.... so i'm very worried about the future of MGS.

They are very talented but can't do shit without their leader Kojima.

I am actually very excited to see what him and his team do with Silent Hills.

brau

Nah it won't be first person. You don't get Reedus for first person.

agreed. and i am excited to be the scariest game ever. it'll be awesome to go through it.

but yea.. if MGS is over after this, or Kojima steps down, i think it would be for the best. Maybe he'll finally get a break and do something else he wants to do.

Jindrax

agreed. and i am excited to be the scariest game ever. it'll be awesome to go through it.

but yea.. if MGS is over after this, or Kojima steps down, i think it would be for the best. Maybe he'll finally get a break and do something else he wants to do.

Give me Zone of the Enders Kojima!

JayEH

I think after Silent Hills he needs to step down as a director and become a producer. He needs to foster young talent at Konami because there isn't any besides him.

brau

I think after Silent Hills he needs to step down as a director and become a producer. He needs to foster young talent at Konami because there isn't any besides him.

I think he just needs to do more creative games, and focus on smaller scope that he can enjoy. It would be cool what other ideas he has in his mind.

I thought he slapped his name over on Lord of Shadow, but actually did nothing for the project. From what i read he just showed up like twice. So i rather he doesn't just do that.

JayEH

I think he just needs to do more creative games, and focus on smaller scope that he can enjoy. It would be cool what other ideas he has in his mind.

I thought he slapped his name over on Lord of Shadow, but actually did nothing for the project. From what i read he just showed up like twice. So i rather he doesn't just do that.

Well the Lords of Shadow case was just because Konami wanted his name attached. He needs to be in a Miyamoto role and executive produce everything. That way he gets creative control if he wants be lets younger directors get their chance to shine.

Skullface

It's unlikely but I hope the series ends with V

Certain franchises simply don't die. Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metal Gear, Castlevania, Metroid, heck, even Pacman. Metal Gear will probably be around 20+ years from now, but it probably won't the same old Snake/Raiden/Big Boss formula.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I feel like this is the only Metal Gear Solid since the first one that he hasn't talked about being his last. So it probably will be.

No Keighley asked him in an interview and he said well he wants it to be his last but he says this all the time so we'll see.

Akiller

Yeah that was one of the low points in his career so far. Just because his team fucked up, they had to outsource MGR to Platinum.

I said it multiple times but it looks like MGSV will be Kojima's last Metal Gear game for now.... so i'm very worried about the future of MGS.

They are very talented but can't do shit without their leader Kojima.

Yeah but that's mainly because MGS IS Kojima, it's a brand heavily linked to him,to His ideas/vision. While we have cases of Brands not handled by their original creators(RE and DMC are the biggiest examples), there is no way a MGS could work without Kojima,and he knows it.

Give me Zone of the Enders Kojima!
ZOE is different, the Second one for example was directed by Shuyo Murata and Kojima was the producer iirc so KojiPro can definetely show their talent in a new IP or in ZOE 3.
But i wouldn't mind if they outsourced it to P*. I mean, High Speed Mechs+P*... :)

crab-battle-o.gif

C....CRAB....BROKE MA KNIFE....CRAB

JayEH

The first mainline Metal Gear without Kojima will certainly be interesting. They would have to reboot at that point I think.

Dawg

Maybe not the last, but that doesn't mean the next can't be without him.

He even said he'd like someone other than himself do a remake of the first MGS.

JayEH

Maybe not the last, but that doesn't mean the next can't be without him.

He even said he'd like someone other than himself do a remake of the first MGS.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need a MG2 remake first since the MG1 remake is done already.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He put them in a fucked up situation. I liken it to Neil Druckmann telling a Naughty Dog team to get to work on a The Last of Us sequel, but make it a kart racer. He left his team with little to no experience in hack-and-slash action games to make one. Alternatively you can look at Portable Ops, which Kojima similarly did not preside over (only as a producer), and that game came to fruition.

Well he didn't wanted to make MGS4 and instead let his team make the game. I wonder what happened why in the end it turned into a Kojima game.

noplaceforhideo.jpg

To me it looks like they can't do anything without Hideo.

The first mainline Metal Gear without Kojima will certainly be interesting. They would have to reboot at that point I think.

I want a The Boss game so bad but i want it to be a Hideo Kojima game :3

JayEH

Well he didn't wanted to make MGS4 and instead let his team make the game. I wonder what happened why in the end it turned into a Kojima game.

To me it looks like they can't do anything without Hideo.

I think he said he was getting too many death threats so he joined the team for 4. I know for 3 he left it to another director but that turned out bad so he took over.

I'd be fine with some "fill in the gaps" MGS stories while Kojima fulfills himself with other works. Let the man spread his wings and make some MGS level franchises, then return to his kingdom for the next chapter!

Les Enfants Terribles all get Les Enfants Terrible'd. Army of Snake clones. Army of Hayters.

^That sounds fucking terrible and I still bet Kojima could make a masterpiece out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom