• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

FFFUUUUU

But that presents even more questions.

How did Ishmael, as an imaginary person, do this to the woman? Not to mention Why?

Did he just say this to BB to keep him focused on escaping?

If Ishmael is BB, how the hell was Ishmael aware of this while BB was not? Split personality?

We don't know 100% that Ishmael is imaginary.

He actually says:

"I... we gave her a light - she took the short way down."

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

#TeamHallucination

If that's the case, then maybe BB lit her on fire. Plenty of split personality patients don't know what the hell the other is doing.

1. I hope this split personality/imaginary person deal is legit. It's 100x more interesting than just some random dude helping out BB.

2. If so, I really hope it is a recurring issue with BB throughout the game. A struggle with his inner demons possibly.

JayEH

Real or fake, there are so many questions! Love how Kojima has kept the mystery about the TPP opening (unlike GZ). It makes me even more excited just to launch the game for the first time and play the first level.

Let's just hope he doesn't blow his load with the next trailer.

I really hope this Ishmael thing is a recurring issue with BB throughout the game.

That'd be...pretty good.

I really hope this Ishmael thing is a recurring issue with BB throughout the game.
Big Boss with the bloody face and the fire behind him looks pretty trippy to be a "real" part of the game (even though there is a scene in Africa where he's drenched in blood). I hope it indicates more demons and craziness like the hospital at later points.

Palpable

Watched that hospital scene again. I forgot how fucking cool it was when flaming Volgin appeared. The sound effects and the fire blazing as he walks towards BB and towers over him, only to be owned by water (which is probably his weakness for the possible boss fight).

I watched the gdc gameplay again and hadn't noticed how he breaks(?) his right elbow after he falls the final time and starts crawling with one arm, it looks so painful.

-Deimos

Speaking of which, in that trailer, has it been speculated who this woman is?

J5jc1GG.png

In the Hospital gameplay demo, Ishamael is coming from the window and Big Boss says,

Big Boss: "What happened to the woman?"

Ishamael: "I gave her a light - she took the short way down."

In the trailer, the woman is clearly on fire and stumbling towards that very window. Doesn't look like any character I've seen before though.

What's the time stamp of this scene?

Never mind, I was looking at the wrong trailer.

I thought it was already widely established in the Metal Gear community that Ishmael is Big Boss' hallucination.
All signs point to it being a hallucination, but we don't know for sure.

Edit: Oh and I forgot:
3. I hope the hallucination is brought on by BB's mental state, and not something inflicted by Psycho Mantis.

Batzi

Banned
We don't know 100% that Ishmael is imaginary.

I'm 100% he's not real :p The mercenaries who storm the hospital do not see him when he's right there in the same room as them. How can you explain that? Did they deliberately ignore him? If so, why? Otherwise, I see no reason for anyone not to see 2 men walking pass them.

All signs point to it being a hallucination, but we don't know for sure.

I for one don't actually subscribe to that theory just yet. If we're sticking to the Moby Dick motif that was prevalent in the fledgling stages of MGSV, Ishmael is actually a real, pivotal character -- possibly the only sane one -- who is present in the plot to bare witness to Big Boss' gradual descent into madness, much like Ishmael's juxtaposition to Captain Ahab in Melville's novel.

What's the time stamp of this scene?

Never mind, I was looking at the wrong trailer.

http://youtu.be/ZJ8U45OuXs0?t=2m26s if anyone else was curious.

He actually says:

"I... we gave her a light - she took the short way down."

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

#TeamHallucination

Ah yes, my bad! This actually makes me lean towards this hallucination thing a little more now, or they could have done something together, though BB didn't realize that's what they did.

Though what Batzi said about the mercenaries, plus him sharing a voice with BB... it wouldn't surprise me that he's all in the Boss's head.

However, isn't there a scene where he's driving a vehicle that crashes with BB?

http://youtu.be/ZJ8U45OuXs0?t=2m26s if anyone else was curious.

Ah yes, my bad! This actually makes me lean towards this hallucination thing a little more now, or they could have done something together, though BB didn't realize that's what they did.

Though what Batzi said about the mercenaries, plus him sharing a voice with BB... it wouldn't surprise me that he's all in the Boss's head.

However, isn't there a scene where he's driving a vehicle that crashes with BB?
You never see who, if anybody was in the dirver's seat. When it crashes, you see BB in the passenger seat with his right hand on the wheel. How he would be managing the pedals from there, I have no idea.

Skullface

My God... I can't stop looking at redbubble. I'm going to wind up spending my entire tax return on some bad ass Metal Gear shit XD

I mean, how could I not get this:
figtn,220x294,white,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

or this:
fig,brown,mens,ffffff.jpg

or this:
fig,black,mhoodie,ffffff.3.jpg

hnggggg:
fig,black,pullover,ffffff.u1.jpg

This might be my favorite:
fig,black,mhoodie,ffffff.3.jpg

Skullface's collection of hideous t-shirts reminded me, is the Metal Gear Collection even available in Japan yet? I needs me some Diamondo Dawgzu swag....

Skullface

That one is good. I've been wanting to get it but I keep waiting for an announcement of official merch. I've never ordered from redbubble so I don't trust them.

I can vouch for them. It just takes a long time because everything's made to order.

Hehe, I only kid. But out of all the shirts you've shown, that one's by far the best IMO. <3

I might really really need like, 10 of these in assorted colors and styles
fig,black,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

I can vouch for them. It just takes a long time because everything's made to order.

I might really really need like, 10 of these in assorted colors and styles
fig,black,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg
Ok that one's sweet too. I'm more of a minimalistic kinda guy though. If the Collection doesn't come stateside, I may have to bite on both of those.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
1. I hope this split personality/imaginary person deal is legit. It's 100x more interesting than just some random dude helping out BB.

2. If so, I really hope it is a recurring issue with BB throughout the game. A struggle with his inner demons possibly.

I seriously hope this is the case. The think is that the paranormal stuff seems to happen only at the beginning of the game.

Yeah but no one has power here. Except for Dawg probably

But Dawg is Really Master Miller who is really Kazuhira Miller.

I'm clearly Big Boss, since I also smoke cigars in real life my favorite being the rare Tatuaje Black Label or the more common Illusione MJ-12.

Snaku_911 is obviously
Chico.

I hold no power here.

Interesting post I read on r/metalgearsolid:

Were we told about Rising 2 in Ground Zeroes?

Think about it, the Jamiais Vu mission in GZ brings Raiden into the FOX engine and several characters comment that they'll 'see him again soon' on the radio. What do you think, was that a cheeky nod in the right direction or just a sign they were thinking about it at the time.

Could mean ANYTHING, for sure. Nice catch, nonetheless.

Edit:

+ the previous crazy gif page.

I know I repeat myself but..

Every fucking time when I'm asleep!

Did you rike it?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Did you rike it?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

It's hard to admit but yes. It's hard.. You know what I mean? Uh... I'm already a demon.

Also, what I always found funny, in the Deja Vu/Jamais Vu, when you take the M4 with the blue light where you can make the MG logo's disappear. When you try that on the Rising logo, Miller says: "Nothing special".

JayEH

It's hard to admit but yes. It's hard.. You know what I mean? Uh... I'm already a demon.

Also, what I always found funny, in the Deja Vu/Jamais Vu, when you take the M4 with the blue light where you can make the MG logo's disappear. When you try that on the Rising logo, Miller says: "Nothing special".

Yeah I was cracking up when I found that.

This is the Giant Bomb guys finding it for the first time.

http://youtu.be/xttLgLWdAys?t=55m05s

Take note they're not the biggest Metal gear fans.

sexyelder

When you think about it, the entire MGS series is a love story between Big Boss and Revolver Ocelot. But Big Boss never returned his love. :3

ocelot_is_forever_alone_by_overlordocelawl-d386hp9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom