• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those avvy changes were useless.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah... okay... So some guy from the media (one who has been involved in Kojima head games before) asked a member of Kojima Productions to officially confirm an obvious easter egg tease as an official announcement, and he said no? Shocking.

Remember, Kojima Productions straight up lied and said they had nothing to do with The Phantom Pain.

Do not believe their bullshit.

Dawg has gone crazy, spamming gifs.

Sn4ke_911 has abandoned us for some stupid Rising game.

And now there's talk about cocks and stuff.

:(

Kojima is disappointed.

It's his fault!

Those avvy changes were useless.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

... :-(

Yeah... okay... So some guy from the media (one who has been involved in Kojima head games before) asked a member of Kojima Productions to officially confirm an obvious easter egg tease as an official announcement, and he said no? Shocking.

Remember, Kojima Productions straight up lied and said they had nothing to do with The Phantom Pain.

Do not believe their bullshit.

They played us like a damn fiddle!

If anybody follows Kojima from the start since MGS1 knows this is bullshit. I don't believe them.

EDIT: Kojima always does stuff like this for fun and frankly I enjoy it. He certainly keeps the hype flowing and makes the industry much more interesting and fun to be a part of.

sasliquid

My first post here but I think its long over due I revel in the pre-V hype. MGS2 is my GOAT and MGS3 aint far behind. WE STILL DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CRAZY BOSSES THERE WILL BE?

My theory: The guy who pulls a knife in the first fight in the E3 2014 trailer is dirty duck and all the MG1+2 bosses are recruitable.

My first post here but I think its long over due I revel in the pre-V hype. MGS2 is my GOAT and MGS3 aint far behind. WE STILL DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CRAZY BOSSES THERE WILL BE?

My theory: The guy who pulls a knife in the first fight in the E3 2014 trailer is dirty duck and all the MG1+2 bosses are recruitable.

Welcome, BROTHER!!!! NeoGAF has a way or making you love MGS3 more than MGS2, somehow... So, we'll see how long 2
RISING 2 CONFIRMED
remains your favorite!

GUYS, HOW DO I BLOCK?
smug.gif

Ladekabel

I need your help, Metal Gear Community! I am currently playing MGS 2HD and I am at the point where I fight the Metal Gear Rays with the stinger.
Do I have to fight all 25 Snake mentioned in the cutscene? Because after 5-7 I always die because the rations in the middle won't spawn when I run out of them. It's getting a little bit frustrating.

I need your help, Metal Gear Community! I am currently playing MGS 2HD and I am at the point where I fight the Metal Gear Rays with the stinger.
Do I have to fight all 25 Snake mentioned in the cutscene? Because after 5-7 I always die because the rations in the middle won't spawn when I run out of them. It's getting a little bit frustrating.

What difficulty mode are you playing on ?

JayEH

The most frustrating thing is that we have to wait until at least E3 for confirmation. Konami is going to focus on TPP for the May release and then official reveal in June.

Kojima must been all like to Geoff and Ken "Nooo! How did that end up in there? That wasn't in the plans. I didn't want to generate excitement and hype, I wanted to drive fans even further into despair with no new footage or release date announcement in sight. Fix this NOW!"

At least going by the thread reaction :p

Lernaean

Banned
As i said in the other thread.

It's simple. I have to choose between my gut reaction to an obvious tease and Keighley's word.
I know what my choice is.

It's not even denial. The font and texture was iconic, the fact that only 2 appeared on the countdown is suspicious, and the fact that they had this particular guy be the one to bring the news out...

Not to mention the simple fact that MGR was the most successful PG game to date and KojiPro were very satisfied with their collaboration with PG. Even before this 'tease' i was certain that MGR2 is happening sometime in the future, and there are many of my posts in the PG Community thread to prove that.

JayEH

The question I have is why did they wait a day to say anything? Is it because they needed to contact Keighley to set up the troll first????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom