• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys changed your avatars. That's how fast you leave MGR2...

Dude yeah they teased MGR2 but there is not much else for now, back to the MGSV hype train as we're nearing a release date announcement.... HYPE!

iqVPHSkUj9V6s.gif

Haha nice.

brau

so what is the next day we are getting excited for?

with all them failing to deliver, its hard to make an to and remember what is next.

so what is the next day we are getting excited for?

with all them failing to deliver, its hard to make an effort and remember what is next.

destination playstation is late february. gdc is the first week of march, followed almost immediately by pax east. that 2-3 week period should yield, at the very least, a lot of new info on the game and hopefully the release date

brau

destination playstation is late february. gdc is the first week of march, followed almost immediately by pax east. that 2-3 week period should yield, at the very least, a lot of new info on the game and hopefully the release date

OH nice. at least we don't have to worry about long periods of waiting.

If its select people they migth not announce it there then. Didn't Tora express that when they do announce it it will be big?

OH nice. at least we don't have to worry about long periods of waiting.

If its select people they migth not announce it there then. Didn't Tora express that when they do announce it it will be big?

this event and destination playstation are 2 separate things

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I have cancelled my preorder.

Kojima doesn't care about fans.

he just sit all day on twitter and post pics on food

I know it hurts that we didn't got a Batman vs Superman super bowl trailer :/

Dawg

OK guys, OT testing time again.

Does clicking on both images open a new tab or does it change the current page?

Also, do you prefer image #1 (normal) or #2 (pixelated) ?

(the music link is a placeholder)

New Tab for me.

Non-pixelated is better. Or you could pixelate it better..

Also, clicking on the image makes it larger too, which is disturbing actually.

Dawg

New Tab for me.

Non-pixelated is better. Or you could pixelate it better..

Also, clicking on the image makes it larger too, which is disturbing actually.

Yeah, that's because I didn't change the size :p NeoGAF automatically resizes it and if you click, it becomes bigger. I just need to make it smaller for the final result.

And ya, I just used the basic pixelate filter from Photoshop :p

Dawg

Nice. Good that it opens a new tab.

I was planning a small codec conversation at the top of the OT where DD asks Big Boss if he remembers the events of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Peace Walker + Ground Zeroes. This is for people whose first MGS game is MGS V, which seems to be quite some people on NeoGAF.

Then the events of said games will be explained after the codex in the tease image I've shown before. Or you can skip it via a Ctrl+F "cheat" D.D. will explain :c

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Dawg going all out. Not sure if I'm more excited for TPP or the OT :)

brau

Yo, that dude said he couldn't finish Ground Zeroes... :lol Sounds like he didn't give the game a chance? Like, how can you not fucking finish GZ? That's like not being able to get to the car crash in The Walking Dead: Season One.

He prbly didn't play it. The game was actually very contained. I didn't think it was huge, it was just the right size for me to play and have fun.

Oh well. TPP will be enormous, so definitely not for him.

It's a relief you can turn off online base invasions, but I just remembered something... didn't they ALSO mention being attacked by "the friends and enemies you make during your missions or online"? And I think I heard Kojima say something about other countries attacking you and giving the player the option of acquiring a nuclear weapon as a deterrent.

So wouldn't that imply that our missions will still be interrupted by base invasions even when offline? I mean A.I is more manageable than actual players, but that's still annoying if I have to abort my missions every time my base is under attack just to rescue my resources/soldiers.

Dawg

I'm pretty sure they said NPC factions can attack your mother base. Other PMCs.

That's one of the most exciting features to me!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, that dude said he couldn't finish Ground Zeroes... :lol Sounds like he didn't give the game a chance? Like, how can you not fucking finish GZ? That's like not being able to get to the car crash in The Walking Dead: Season One.

there was a dude in a rising thread once that admited he couldn't even finish the building part of the RAY fight. people are just damn lazy these days

It's a relief you can turn off online base invasions, but I just remembered something... didn't they ALSO mention being attacked by "the friends and enemies you make during your missions or online"? And I think I heard Kojima say something about other countries attacking you and giving the player the option of acquiring a nuclear weapon as a deterrent.

So wouldn't that imply that our missions will still be interrupted by base invasions even when offline? I mean A.I is more manageable than actual players, but that's still annoying if I have to abort my missions every time my base is under attack just to rescue my resources/soldiers.

i would imagine this is the kind of thing they are playtesting as we speak

Rajang

So glad you can enjoy motherbase offline.

And that soldiers take shelter from rain.. Who even thinks of that?

Kojima kaminandesu.

Salaadin

So glad you can enjoy motherbase offline.

And that soldiers take shelter from rain.. Who even thinks of that?

Kojima kaminandesu.

Iirc, NPCs in The Witcher ran to shelter the rain. It's a nice thing.

Here it's actually something that directly affects gameplay though. Imagine hiding somewhere and then it starts raining and you end up surrounded by a bunch of dudes who just don't want to get wet.

sexyelder

I would never take cover from rain. I like how the raindrops fall down on my face. It's a refreshing feeling.

I think you can't stay in the rain too long because you'll get hypothermia. At least that's the impression I got from Ground Zeroes. Maybe you'll sneeze and alert guards of your presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom