• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this news has given me an idea....

ANAilvF.jpg

Uhh...

I just hope the weather isn't instantaneous in the final game, for someone who is such a stickler for the details they seem to be missing a big one when it comes to weather, in all the gameplay footage I've seen a notification pops up "rain imminent, or Sandstorm imminent" and then it arrives in full rain or a full sandstorm within 20 seconds with little transition. I would hope that the weather eases into the environment instead of just being amped up to 11 at the drop of a hat.

But then again, both of those levels were intentionally built just to showcase gameplay features, so perhaps that's why it was accelerated to such a large degree.

Brilliant post from Alienous:

Kojima doesn't do things for no reason. The Mother Base invasions are probably meant to parallel the main themes of the story. What happens when someone invades your base, and infiltrates the sanctity of your home? You become driven by the need to enact revenge. And when you wage war with a player who has invaded you you'll find that anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

I repeat, Kojima is a genius. Anyone who plays the game on baby mode should be excommunicated from Outer GAF.

Dawg

I think the "need to enact revenge" will also happen if you play offline. The only difference will be you fight back at NPC factions, not random players :p

Honestly, one of the most fun bits will be seeing how people fuck with the game. I don't know why anyone would want to play offline, if they have the choice.

Rajang

Honestly, one of the most fun bits will be seeing how people fuck with the game. I don't know why anyone would want to play offline, if they have the choice.

Because I want to enjoy the story first
and build an army with the best mechs and heavily armored soldiers before I crush you :>

brau

Because I want to enjoy the story first
and build an army with the best mechs and heavily armored soldiers before I crush you :>

you think you'll be able to enable offline and online at will? it'll be like GTAV where you can spawn as passive where you can't be attacked or attack yourself. Even tho it doesn't work cuz you still can be killed by a car.

This reminds me of what Kojima said about giving the players the option to acquire a nuclear weapon, I wonder if we'll be able to use a nuke against other players and blow their base to smithereens

Imagine. Launching a nuke into someone's base and the other player has to build a new base from scratch. Fulton everything anew.

Imagine. Launching a nuke into someone's base and the other player has to build a new base from scratch. Fulton everything anew.

That would be pretty overpowered I don't think that this will be in the game. But daaaaamn I would probably feel like Big Boss and Kaz if my Base is wiped out of existence by another player.

Chinner

Banned
i can also predict one already.

that one scene in the hospital where you see that boss who resembles the boss and you get the flower. afterwards in the footage big boss says something like 'where she go?'

Chinner

Banned
The question is really if the flashbacks will be fully rendered in fo and playable, or just cutscenes imported from the previous games as is.

Rajang

I hope it's not like the stuff we saw in the Deja Vu mission with Kiefer doing all the VA.

Kiefer saying "Just like old times" while reenacting MGS1 memories, ugh. :S

It really rubbed me the wrong way.

SJRB

Gold Member
It'd be cool if they render some crucial MGS3/PW scenes in the Fox engine to use as a flashback/recap.

[I want to see EVA in Fox Engine SO BAD]

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
If Kiefer starts doing MGS3 and PW lines, I'll be extremely disgusted. One thing is to change VAs, but another is to completely destroy another man's legacy. Even the 2 lines Kiefer had in Deja Vu felt weird enough as it was, and that was justified as Big Boss imitating Solid Snake.

Ground Zeroes players: NOT ENOUGH CONTENT! CASHGRAB!! [Angry Joe humping air while Fox Engine-rendered Kojima watches]
The Phantom Pain players: I think I'll avoid this aspect of the game (meeting main heroine, online invasions).

milla4neogaf9kz41.gif

From the other thread, I thought I would post it here too:

You're not doing this to us again, Batzi.

You're fucking doing this to us again, Batzi.

Standing on the edge of the hype
Like Batzi once said
And the threads are all cold now
No more events and the hypes are dead
Whispers in the threads
Tell the lies
Of the Jay EH banned
Desolation, devastation
What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

Watching from the threads of the GAF
For the games to begin
Mods draw their BAN hammer
form their ranks for Trolling

I'm Batzi
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of Koji Puffs
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned thread

Standing on the edge of the closed thread
Looking at the Mod Bot
and I'm hoping for some miracle
To breakout, to escape from all this
Whispers in the threads tell the lies
of a Jay EH that's gone
Desolation, devastation
What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

I'm Batzi
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of Koji Puffs
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned thread

I'm Batzi
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of Koji Puffs
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned thread

Rajang

It'd be cool if they render some crucial MGS3/PW scenes in the Fox engine to use as a flashback/recap.

[I want to see EVA in Fox Engine SO BAD]

I want to see a flash back of the
canonical
Kaz date in Fox Engine glory. I feel it is an essential moment in Kaz and BB's relationship.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
batzi i wont fall in your traps again
no staying up for anything this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom