• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Error
<A junior who curses his fate>

Dawg, pls.

<A junior who (will soon) don't exist>

7vhpOl7.jpg

Dawg

I'm never changing mine.

I still can't believe I was lucky enough to have Dawg available. Most people know me as Dawg, but on popular social media, the nickname is always taken.

I joined NeoGAF just before it got REALLY big though.

Chinner

Banned
i'm going to make a donna burke video i've decided. if my plans every come to fruition, i think you guys will appreciate it.

I'm never changing mine.

I still can't believe I was lucky enough to have Dawg available. Most people know me as Dawg, but on popular social media, the nickname is always taken.

Might be because NeoGAF is more exclusive than any other game forum.

Once my name is changed, I'll never ever change that name again. I wasn't really sure which username I should pick. Best thing I could come up with was this. After that.. my laptop face more system errors than I could've imagined.
No kitten, I'm dead serious.

And now that I have the best avatar, there is. (&#3232;&#8255;&#3232;) I'll just have to wait for the username that fits to it!
It's also a Metal Gear related name!

But who am I kitten. I litter-ally fell in love with this kitty! (&#3232;&#8255;&#3232;)
73zitp3y.gif

Alienous

Might be because NeoGAF is more exclusive than any other game forum.

Once my name is changed, I'll never ever change that name again. I wasn't really sure which username I should pick. Best thing I could come up with was this. After that.. my laptop face more system errors than I could've imagined.
No kitten, I'm dead serious.

And now that I have the best avatar, there is. (&#3232;&#8255;&#3232;) I'll just have to wait for the username that fits to it!
It's also a Metal Gear related name!

But who am I kitten. I litter-ally fell in love with this kitty! (&#3232;&#8255;&#3232;)

Awecelot.

MenAssembleMEOW

OcelotRaisingHounds

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. It'll keep me thinking at least.

system error how are you still a junior with 400+ posts??

I'll guess I need to be on this forum for atleast 3 months with 300 posts.

Since yesterday (1 month ago) was the day where I signed up. I'll guess 2 more months to go.

I'm having a total of 670 posts including this. Those 400+ were in this thread alone.

that would be a cool boxset.

now. as for the bolded. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NONE OF THAT RETAILER EXCLUSIVE BOLLOCKS

Oh I agree - I was just posting what will most likely be in the Limited/Collector's Edition. Retailers love to have something different to lure you their way. Let's hope it's the same everywhere you go.

Akiller

I'm never changing mine.

Dawg was Dawg before it was cool.

Reddit Waifu Poll Winner:

tumblr_lx2ybushDT1r96kn6o1_500.jpg

I agree :)
Your Quiet is shit, LD.
#Shotsfired
xD

4inQuPI.jpg

B9SwJ93CYAAZlZJ.jpg

These 2 are based on same things. It's the Metal Gear.

Metal Gear?
!

I hope we get to pilot the repurposed Zeke or some other Metal Gear rather than just another boss fight against it like in PW. I mean, what was the point in experimenting with the mechanics for a Metal Gear fight in 4 if not to prepare for fighting with one as Big freaking Boss!? Plus, now we have rideable vehicles and mini-mechs... it just makes sense. Big Boss resorting to using a Metal Gear rather than destroying one like Solid Snake does is his destiny.

I hope we get to pilot the repurposed Zeke or some other Metal Gear rather than just another boss fight against it like in PW. I mean, what was the point in experimenting with the mechanics for a Metal Gear fight in 4 if not to prepare for fighting with one as Big freaking Boss!? Plus, now we have rideable vehicles and mini-mechs... it just makes sense. Big Boss resorting to using a Metal Gear rather than destroying one like Solid Snake does is his destiny.

i'd be surprised if we couldn't pilot a MG at some point. i'd imagine it would have been in PW if it wasn't for the limitations of the hardware

I had not really had a desire to play GZ over again after completing the main mission the "normal" way (like I got a C). But playing sniper elite got me in a sneaky mood, so I decided to go back. Just got all the XOF patches and rescued all the prisoners. Damn, this game is exhilarating when you put a ton of effort into it. I can't wait for MGSV now.

i'd be surprised if we couldn't pilot a MG at some point. i'd imagine it would have been in PW if it wasn't for the limitations of the hardware

I think so too. They even let us customize our Zeke and everything. It may even be that the default Rex-like look we're seeing in promotion is a customization option they went with as a homage to MGS1 in the same way we can customize our chopper, horse and how Mother Base is customized to look like Big Shell.

pahamrick

Was digging through some stuff in my closet that was still boxed from when I moved 5 years ago, and came across a binder of discs I forgot I had. Best thing in the binder? My PC version of Metal Gear Solid.

Had to google some fixes, and some some tweaking of various settings so I'm not playing 16x9 stretched but it was worth it. Forgot how much better the PC version could look compared to the PS1 version.

Opto

Banned
Huey acts too skittish on the details surrounding the inspection in the tapes. He may be the "Trojan Horse" but thinks he's acting in the best interest of the world, rather than just falling into Skull Face's plans.

Dawg

I'm not into anime and I find a lot of it to be full of cliches and poorly written, but Berserk was awesome.

I am like you. I only watch serious anime. Stuff that makes ya think. I don't need fanservice and anime tits.

So:

Cowboy Bebop
Berserk
Monster
Death Note

I started with Attack on Titan which was a good start... but ended up being less good than the rest. Only because the rest are masterpieces tho.

Death note is fucking amazing until the second season.

Monster is amazing.

Cowboy Bebop is a classic masterpiece, usually the best anime for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom